Health & Fitness

Diet for your skin

shre87 thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Add Whole Grains - Choose whole grain products over refined. Have brown rice instead of white or make your own 50:50 combination.
An Apple a Day - Have an apple, skin on, as a snack.
Eat Cauliflower - Try this delicious Roasted Cauliflower recipe!
High-fiber snacks - Snack on nuts, seeds, and dried fruit, such as dates, figs, and prunes.
Try a "Prune Power" Smoothie - Prunes are a great source of fiber. Start your day with this tasty Prune Power smoothie.
Eat Beans and Legumes - Open a can of your favorite beans or legumes. Rinse them well and add them to your meal.
Ground Flaxseeds - For any easy fiber boost, sprinkle ground flaxseeds (available at health food stores) on rice, salads, oatmeal, or any other meal. Store flaxseeds in the fridge.
Along with this it is also very imp to get your skin checked by a dermat. Kaya has this excellent service called 'Everyday radiance' where a dermat reviews your skin and then gives you treatments accordingly.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ukonline thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Fish contains oils that will help nourish your skin. This diet includes fish options at lunch and dinner to add luster and softness to your complexion.

• Ground flaxseeds are an excellent source of omega-three fatty acids, which promote good skin health. This meal plan adds flaxseed to your breakfast cereal for a healthy start to your day.

• Vitamin A is essential for healthy skin. This diet includes plenty of dark orange (carrots, sweet potatoes, winter squash) and dark green (broccoli, spinach, kale) vegetables -- all of which are high in vitamin A.

• Vitamin E helps promote great skin, which is why this diet includes nuts such as hazelnuts and almonds -- which are high in vitamin E -- as snacks.
caril thumbnail
Most experts say eating a balanced diet is the best way  of keeping  healthy skin. Best sources Dark-colored produce, such as carrots, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, watermelon, papaya, broccoli and spinach. Berries such as  plums, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries  have a great antioxidant capacity. Drink green tea. It contains polyphenols which have anti-inflammatory characteristics. This will help to  fight off those free radicals that make our skin age earlyEdited by caril - 13 years ago
mediconweb thumbnail
To improve your skin complexion, three things are absolutely necessary:

1 - Lifestyle changes to improve your skin complexion.
2 - Eating those foods to improve your skin complexion. ( discussed in brief here)
3 - Home remedies to improve your skin complexion.

In brief, we shall discuss the foods necessary to improve the skin complexion. Eat more of these foods that contain the following.

- Vitamins A, C, E and K.
- Vitamin B'complex.
- Essential fatty acids like omega-3 and omega-6.
- Minerals like Selenium, copper, and zinc,
- Drink plenty of water. A healthy adult should drink about 4 to 5 liters of water.
caril thumbnail
Hey I am 24. My weight is only 34kg. I want to gain my weight. I also have problem of depression and low self esteem. Is there any specific diet I should maintain to gain weight. Please suggest.
essentialoils thumbnail
Wanted to share this with you. Below are ways of  Anti Aging Skin Care Tips which you can use Ive been implement this for months. Its amazing, my skin is brighter and smoother. I highly recommend it.

Skin Care Tips

* When your eyes are puffy you can soothe them and decrease the puffiness by applying a poultice containing green tea and rosemary.

* You might even try slices of cucumbers or grated carrots on your eyes to relieve any under-eye bags that might be present.

* For a quick and effective cleanser you can prepare a facial mask from fresh strawberries and a bit of crushed mint.

* For an anti aging effect follow this anti-aging tip. Make a mask with mashed avocado, mashed papaya and few drops of fresh cream.

* For a lifting effect try some of these facial exercises and treat your skin with these facial treatments for wrinkles and day spa treatment.

These natural anti-aging skin care tips work and they smell as delicious as the ingredients sound.