Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: -Navi

NAVI: Undesirable Number 1.

You guys, it's Ron's birthday. I don't think I like Ron anymore. He was SO horrible to Hermione to PoA, he was a jealous tool in GoF, he was an insecure moany person in Order, in HBP he was a jerk and in DH he was every one of those things I mentioned before and a bit homo-erotic with Harry lolll.

Actually, his reaction to Hermione in PoA I felt was very natural. If you think about it in his perspective, he lost a pet who he thinks Crookshanks ate. Even though it is natural for cats to hunt mice, it would still hurt terrible, esp if Scabbers was the only possession he felt he could call his own instead of sharing with his brothers. I feel that Hermione was a bit insensitive in PoA, she did not seem in the least bit contrite that Crookshanks may have eaten Scabbers and didn't understand Ron's POA. I mean, it is natural to feel defensive of one's pet as well, but I would have expected her to comfort Ron instead of be mean to him when it was his pet that had disappeared.

In GoF, again his reaction was very natural. He grew up being overshadowed by his brothers and when he came to Hogwarts, he hoped he could be known for himself instead of as 'the youngest Weasley son'. By chance, he became friends with the Boy Who Lived. I mean, if you think about it, it must have been tough not feeling jealous of Harry. He managed fine from Books 1-3 but you can't really blame him for feeling a bit of resentment in the 4th book. There were only supposed to be 3 champions, but there just happened to be 4, and who was the 4th champion? Harry. I love the character of Harry to pieces, but I must admit that circumstances were against him in the 4th book. If I had been one of his classmates, I prob would not have jumped to the conclusion that Harry entered his own name but I def would have felt a bit suspicious of him. As a friend who is constantly overshadowed by him, Ron's reaction was natural.

I admit he was annoying in Ootp and HBP, but he wasn't any different from my guy classmates when I was in High School. Many boys are weird, annoying, and insecure at that age. Harry wasn't like that because of the neglect he underwent in his childhood, but Ron, like other teenage boys, had a loving family and many expectations to live up to. He reacted like any other hormone driven teenage boy.

In DH, I liked Ron the best. I know most people will prob be surprised by this, but we really see Ron's nobility come out in this book. Yes, he left his friends because of a misunderstanding, but he always planned on returning very soon. It wasn't his fault that Hermione and Harry had apparated away before he could return and apologize. By the time he was able to follow them, it was a long time after. Anyway, it was even implied that it was because of the Horcrux he wore around his neck that he got those resentment feelings. The soul of Voldemort was playing with his mind.
Whatever happened beforehand though, Ron returned to them. Despite knowing of the dangers and risks which returning to them would bring, he returned and put his heart and soul into helping them throughout the rest of the story. Even Dumbledore saw this. That's why he gave Ron that light thingy. When Ron said it was because Dumbledore knew he was going to leave, Harry said no, he knew he was going to come back. One of my favorite quotes in the book.ðŸ˜ģ 

What's a friendship without fights? Yes, Ron and even Hermione had their own set of faults which sometimes made us like them and sometimes made us dislike them, but they both stuck with Harry in the end and were thus two of the greatest friends.
I know....I really can't believe it myself.
muffins2waffles thumbnail
Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

Actually, his reaction to Hermione in PoA I felt was very natural. If you think about it in his perspective, he lost a pet who he thinks Crookshanks ate. Even though it is natural for cats to hunt mice, it would still hurt terrible, esp if Scabbers was the only possession he felt he could call his own instead of sharing with his brothers. I feel that Hermione was a bit insensitive in PoA, she did not seem in the least bit contrite that Crookshanks may have eaten Scabbers and didn't understand Ron's POA. I mean, it is natural to feel defensive of one's pet as well, but I would have expected her to comfort Ron instead of be mean to him when it was his pet that had disappeared.

In GoF, again his reaction was very natural. He grew up being overshadowed by his brothers and when he came to Hogwarts, he hoped he could be known for himself instead of as 'the youngest Weasley son'. By chance, he became friends with the Boy Who Lived. I mean, if you think about it, it must have been tough not feeling jealous of Harry. He managed fine from Books 1-3 but you can't really blame him for feeling a bit of resentment in the 4th book. There were only supposed to be 3 champions, but there just happened to be 4, and who was the 4th champion? Harry. I love the character of Harry to pieces, but I must admit that circumstances were against him in the 4th book. If I had been one of his classmates, I prob would not have jumped to the conclusion that Harry entered his own name but I def would have felt a bit suspicious of him. As a friend who is constantly overshadowed by him, Ron's reaction was natural.

I admit he was annoying in Ootp and HBP, but he wasn't any different from my guy classmates when I was in High School. Many boys are weird, annoying, and insecure at that age. Harry wasn't like that because of the neglect he underwent in his childhood, but Ron, like other teenage boys, had a loving family and many expectations to live up to. He reacted like any other hormone driven teenage boy.

In DH, I liked Ron the best. I know most people will prob be surprised by this, but we really see Ron's nobility come out in this book. Yes, he left his friends because of a misunderstanding, but he always planned on returning very soon. It wasn't his fault that Hermione and Harry had apparated away before he could return and apologize. By the time he was able to follow them, it was a long time after. Anyway, it was even implied that it was because of the Horcrux he wore around his neck that he got those resentment feelings. The soul of Voldemort was playing with his mind.
Whatever happened beforehand though, Ron returned to them. Despite knowing of the dangers and risks which returning to them would bring, he returned and put his heart and soul into helping them throughout the rest of the story. Even Dumbledore saw this. That's why he gave Ron that light thingy. When Ron said it was because Dumbledore knew he was going to leave, Harry said no, he knew he was going to come back. One of my favorite quotes in the book.ðŸ˜ģ 

What's a friendship without fights? Yes, Ron and even Hermione had their own set of faults which sometimes made us like them and sometimes made us dislike them, but they both stuck with Harry in the end and were thus two of the greatest friends.

OMG, really well said 👏 Couldnt have said it better myselff.

BTW, Happy Birthday Ron :D
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Aww, thanks Aish! :) Very sweet of you!

Oops, I forgot too! Happy Belated Birthday Ronniekins!ðŸĨģ
Mazzy101 thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Navi

I would burn down the studio.

ðŸĪĢðŸĪĢi knw wht you mean! just leave it alone!!!ðŸ˜Ą i cnt believ they are going to do twilight! soo dumb!ðŸ˜Ą no one can replace Rob!!!! ðŸ˜ ðŸ˜ƒ
Mazzy101 thumbnail
Originally posted by: MusicalAiswarya

OMG, really well said 👏 Couldnt have said it better myselff.

BTW, Happy Birthday Ron :D

ooh! very well said!!👏 its soo true!
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
LOL, I'll be Navi's partner in burning the studio down.

On a serious note, I don't think it's practically possible to make HP into a hindi serial. I mean, Twilight can very well be converted because it has all the masala ingredients in place for a typical hindi serial, and it's not such a complex storyline. Simple boy meets girls, they fall in love, they get married, and have a baby...Sounds familiar? Yup, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, Vol. 2.

-dhruvi thumbnail
Deff. not that would just ruin HP.
I deff don't want that typical Telly garabage.
& the show would make no sense bcz all it is with Indian soaps are races to get the highest TRPs.
They don't care much for the storyline, they just want an idea that the public will be interested in. Start the project a bit proming and crush you horrible drama that mean nothing but a number on a TRP chart.

So I say no thank you to a show verison of HP.
Let's keep it them book and movies.
If anyone has a chance of pulling it off it's American Television.
& even then I advice it a no.

The only witch/wizard kind of show I liked on TV would be Charmed.
& I don't think there any books.
-Navi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Also, I think that Indian serials seriously lack the technology and funding it will cost to make anything even half of the HP movies quality.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

They prob don't lack the technology, because the technology in the recent NDTV Ramayan was pretty advanced and cool, but I don't think Indian serial directors would be willing to spend so much on the technology. They'd just be interested in adding some Saas Bahu masala. They would think spending money on tech would be a waste because people would be more 'interested' in the drama than the actual storyline and tech. Wrong.