•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago
I have never posted in this section before. Just saw it now! So thought of posting my favourite creation of mine till date! 😊 Hope u all like it.

LOST CHILDHOOD

There was a time when
I slept on my mother's shoulder
And peed on my father's lap
There was a time when
Mother bathed me
And Dad stood watching from afar
There was a time when
Mom scolded me
An Dad would come cuddling at me
There was a time when
Mom dropped me to school
And Dad brought me back
There was a time when Mom, Dad and I chatted,talked,laughed and cried together
But now, Mom's far away from us
And Dad, though with me, is not the same anymore
All the shades of childhood faded with my lost mother
Now, I am only left with memories to cherish
With blessings of Childhood!
Hi there 😊
Very sweet poem! I really liked the concept behind it all.. it's so sad that childhood can't last forever and we can't all be Peter Pans. It is difficult to cope with change. Your poem captures that very nicely, and I like the fact that it ends on a positive note .. "blessings of Childhood!" All is not entirely lost after all.
Very nice work!! 👏
Hope to see more of your writings on this forum 😃
- Hema
Originally posted by _.serendipity._

Hi there 😊
Very sweet poem! I really liked the concept behind it all.. it's so sad that childhood can't last forever and we can't all be Peter Pans. It is difficult to cope with change. Your poem captures that very nicely, and I like the fact that it ends on a positive note .. "blessings of Childhood!" All is not entirely lost after all.
Very nice work!! 👏
Hope to see more of your writings on this forum 😃
- Hema

Hi Hema, Thanks for commenting! Really nice of you. And I'll be surely posting more of my writings. Take care.😊
-Riya
Hey,
Thats a really sweet poem out there. Its really a nice peice, Ive read something like this after ages and its truly brilliant. You should keep writing poems, they convey alot in a few words :)
Originally posted by Arushi.

Hey,
Thats a really sweet poem out there. Its really a nice peice, Ive read something like this after ages and its truly brilliant. You should keep writing poems, they convey alot in a few words :)

Thanks a ton Arushi. Your comments are really encouraging. And yes I write poems now and then. Poems are my thing. 😳 Thanks again. 😊
hey riya..again a touching poem..

the concept was very sweet..is is true that we normally stick to our dads more!..because they're the kinder ones..i guess it happens to most of us..

but when ur mom goes away the fun goes too, though she was just the strict one!..well expressed emotions..

do write more

-aish
Originally posted by aish_punk

hey riya..again a touching poem..

the concept was very sweet..is is true that we normally stick to our dads more!..because they're the kinder ones..i guess it happens to most of us..

but when ur mom goes away the fun goes too, though she was just the strict one!..well expressed emotions..

do write more

-aish

Thank u so much Aish! 😳 U r really encouraging! 😊