*Katrina Kaif Heaven* Back Again =) - Page 7

Posted: 14 years ago
Crystiiii  @1mrankhan hello imran :) is it true u have signed Dibakar's next or is it true u in talks for a dibakar movie? plz reply :)

1mrankhan@Crystiiii nope, no plans at all.

now we dont have to think if the rumors about katrina and imran doing a dibakar movie is true or not immu just told me its false...

between i asked priyanak yesterday if she have signed bride wars she said yes then i asked her when it goes on floors and who is more in the movie the  she did log off she didnt reply to that :( :(

so dont know if Kat does it or not...

between Abhi said he starts shooting for Italian Job from September and Neil just said today he will shoot for Italian Job from June to December... i think they shoot different....
Edited by -Crystal- - 14 years ago

Salman, Katrina gearing to make each other laugh

If things go as planned, unstoppable Salman Khan might soon be seeing doing comedy with his lady love Katrina Kaif on screen. Buzz is there that this hot couple has been roped in by the man behind 'Veer', Anil Sharma for his next comedy film.

Reports were there that Anil had plans to start this film before his mega-budget 'Veer' but after Salman pressed on for 'Veer', Anil left behind all his plan and switched on completely for his periodic film.

Now, that everything has been settled, the director is gearing up to bring his romantic-comedy film on floor as soon as possible.

Well, all can we say that who wouldn't want to see one of the hottest couple giggling together on screens?

thank u for sharing the scans prabz :)
Success can't faze Kaif

Katrina Kaif is one of Bollywood's leading actresses - the most searched-for Indian female film star on the net and a former top model, with an A-list boyfriend.

But the 25-year-old said her rise to fame had not been easy and she was determined that her success would not go to her head.

"It certainly didn't happen overnight. I was struggling to make it as a model and tried my luck in acting," she said.

"I didn't know in the first place whether I wanted to be in acting, but then good roles started coming my way and my films started becoming hits. And here I am."

Kaif, born in Hong Kong to a British mother and a father of Indian Kashmiri origin, made a faltering start in the 2003 film Boom after being spotted in a commercial.

She has since notched up roles in high-profile films like the recent blockbuster Blue, the 2008 action comedy Singh Is Kinng and the romantic comedy Namastey London, in 2007.

The actress in part attributes her rise to actor Salman Khan, with whom she starred in the 2005 hit comedy Maine Pyaar Kyon Kiya (Why Did I Fall in Love?) and now dates, although she refuses to talk about her private life.

"He was there to guide me in the industry when I was new to it and he will always be very special to me," she said.

Kaif said she had always been confident of attaining success, despite some setbacks.

"I have faced a lot of rejection and people always gave excuses to reject me on flimsy grounds, but I kept going because I always knew that someone would approve of me," she said.

Last year's New York, about a group of friends in that city on the day of the September 11, 2001, attacks, was a critical and box office success - and the moment Kaif said she felt she had made it in India.

Kaif, who was raised in France, Hawaii and London and is one of seven sisters, said family values had helped her keep a healthy perspective in a country that reveres Bollywood stars like gods.

"I had a very frugal upbringing. My mother was into charity institutions and she is still involved in charity work, so I know what hardship means," she explained.

"I never had pocket money and didn't have access to material things."

Her mother now lives in the southern Indian city of Chennai and works with orphans.

"Lots of people feel that whatever I have earned is because of the goodness of her work," the actress said.

Kaif, who took Hindi and dancing lessons to help her acting career, said she never wanted to be a star.

As a skinny teenager, she said boys would not give her a second glance - though now her innocent beauty has brought her worldwide fame among Bollywood fans.

"As a little girl I was fascinated with collecting marbles. My two elder sisters used to make me wash the dishes in exchange for giving me marbles, which used to be the most precious possessions to me," she said.

"I never knew that the marbles were very cheap and that both my sisters were fooling me to do their work."

Despite now being one of Bollywood's biggest earners, Kaif said she was unchanged by fame.

"I am still the same person. I am not a glamorous person in real life. I don't buy handbags like lots of other women do," she said.

"I don't spend money on shoes, either and you will always find me in casual dress if I am not in a film costume.

"I don't want to look glamorous when I am off screen and I want to be as real as I can."

As for criticism in the cut-throat world of Bollywood, where style often takes precedence over substance, she says she is "like every other girl".

"I am sensitive and have my weaknesses. If people say: 'You have not lived up to expectations', I get upset," she added.

"I want to do good films.

"Eventually, I want to be married and do things that will make me happy.

"I got this opportunity in the country by starting with nothing." - The Independent

Katrina's 'write' support   

While Aamir Khan and Javed Akhtar agreed to disagree over whether stars or lyricists contribute more to whether a song becomes a hit, support for lyricists comes from an unexpected quarter.
Katrina Kaif has had a number of hummable hits, but she firmly shrugs off all credit for their success. "The credit definitely goes to the singer and the lyricist of the song," said Katrina.

"I am not in the picture when the music is played. It's only when I'm on screen singing the song myself can the credit go to me," she added.
The actress is currently looking forward to the release of her film with Prakash Jha, Rajneeti. She also recently earned her first major acting award nomination.

Katrina Kaif longs for classic romance

On reel
By ApunKaChoice
Mon, Feb 22, 2010 11:27:50 GMT

Katrina Kaif has acted in a number of romantic movies, brainless comedies and has even had a stab at thought-provoking cinema ever since she got her foot in the door to Bollywood, but there is one unfulfilled desire of hers.

"I wanna do a classic love story. Something like 'When Harry Met Sally'…," Katrina revealed recently at a press meet for the 55th Filmfare Awards.

Coming from the lady who's admitted that she's a romantic at heart, the revelation should prompt the writers in B-town to pen a few full-on romantic scripts.

Try to get her response on her being adjudged as the 'sexiest Asian' time and again, and Katrina gives a rather dismissive reply.

"I don't personally feel I'm hot or sexy. You have to have your appeal. The audience has an opinion of you," she said.

Kat is also full of praise for
Zarine Khan, who debuted opposite Salman Khan in Veer.

"I saw the second half of Veer...Zarine was lovely. She speaks so well in her interviews. She's supremely confident. I'm very impressed. I wish I'd had that confidence when I started out," Katrina said.

Katrina will also perform on stage at Filmfare awards on Feb 27. She's nominated in the best actress category for her performance in
New York.

thank u for the articles prabz....

OMGGGGGGGGGGGG gorgeous stunning pics dear thank u for sharing Kat looks so so gorgeous cant wait for her performance when is this getting aired on sony do u know that? her performance looks amazing...
Originally posted by -Crystal-

thank u for the articles prabz....

OMGGGGGGGGGGGG gorgeous stunning pics dear thank u for sharing Kat looks so so gorgeous cant wait for her performance when is this getting aired on sony do u know that? her performance looks amazing...
your welcome.....
i duno im trying to  find out atm..
awww ok cant wait to know when it gets aired :)

Two hot to handle

Katrina and HrithikHe is a true style icon, and she, the sexiest woman, in Bollywood. Despite their almost carefree attitude to fashion, actors Hrithik Roshan and Katrina Kaif together make a sizzling duo in their first ever shoot together for the cover of fashion glossy Harper's Bazaar's first anniversary issue.

The cover interview  reveals that Kat is a brand-wary natural, while Hrithik is a self-confessed perfectionist. And despite the weight and beard he's put on for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Guzaarish, he has Katrina's vote for India's most stylish male star.

Kat, meanwhile, is mum on all questions related to beau Salman. "When Salman and I first became close, he wanted to keep it private, and after so many years I don't see the need to change things," she says.

She does admit to be looking forward to marriage. "I think it is a completion." "Getting these style icons together for the first time is a coup," says Sujata Assomull, Editor Harper's Bazaar India.