Deepika and Shahid are the new 'friends' in the

laly thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
How Deep is your love?

Deepika Padukone and Shahid Kapoor are the new 'friends' in the film industry

By Sonal Chawla
Posted On Monday, February 08, 2010 at 02:57:28 AM

What happens when two young and good looking stars suddenly find themselves in close proximity especially after their newly acquired single status? Well, they play their cards right by slowly and steadily getting to know each other and if all goes well, sparks start to fly.

Same is the case with Deepika Padukone and Shahid Kapoor who incidentally is one of the most sought after pair to star together in a film. The thick friendship also seems to stem from the fact that the two are soon likely to work together.

Let's rewind a bit. Not only were Shahid and Deepika spotted having a great time together with a group of friends at a suburban night club last week but according to sources, Shahid has also been visiting Deepika's building quite often. "Shahid's car was parked outside Deepika's Bandra residence a few days ago," says an eyewitness.

If these frequent rendezvous are anything to go by, Shahid and Deepika seem to have already forgotten their relationship with Priyanka Chopra and Ranbir Kapoor respectively. A source says, "Shahid and Deepika both are quite headstrong and have moved on from their failed relationships. They are only concentrating on their career at the moment. They want to have a strong foothold in the industry and think alike, which is the main reason why they have clicked together."

Talking about the film, which the two are likely to star in together, a source reveals, "One of Shahid's close friend is trying to work on the project. Deepika and Shahid are vaguely aware of the project and are definitely keen on working together since both of them are in-demand."

"Deepika and Shahid have met each other several times in the past but they really started bonding after a recent award function. Both the actors also have common professional interests. Also, let's not forget that they are single," adds the source.

Shahid and Deepika were unavailable for comment.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qwertyfied thumbnail
😆 at the pic. half n' half
-Adhoore- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Guys off topic: was shahid and priyanka  a couple..like before?
sajibabe thumbnail
please i hope god spares deepika from this desperate man in making, he is like a wounded tiger going from one woman to another, it doesnt mean one woman dumps you, that you stop respecting the rest
im hating his attitude these days, i hope better sense prevails deepika & she doesnt faal in to his clutches, she is so beatiful & elegant & deserves some one sincere & honest, who showers on her the love & respect she deserves.
 it seems to me that mr arrogant shahid's agenda is to go through all the single women in the industry, i was so happy that shahid was shown the mirror in a recent awards cermony, where they put his,priyinka & harman's pic with x factor on it, the poor man was gutted that his true colours were coming out in a function where all the ladies were present especially deepika

he really thinks of himself as a stud,but never goes anywhere without a full foundation bottle slapped on his face,i wish deepika stayed with ranbeir they were well suited. never want to hear her name linked with mr stud shahid it would be a major insult to her

Originally posted by: sajibabe

please i hope god spares deepika from this desperate man in making, he is like a wounded tiger going from one woman to another, it doesnt mean one woman dumps you, that you stop respecting the rest<br>im hating his attitude these days, i hope better sense prevails deepika & she doesnt faal in to his clutches, she is so beatiful & elegant & deserves some one sincere & honest, who showers on her the love & respect she deserves.<br>it seems to me that mr arrogant shahid's agenda is to go through all the single women in the industry, i was so happy that shahid was shown the mirror in a recent awards cermony, where they put his,priyinka & harman's pic with x factor on it, the poor man was gutted that his true colours were coming out in a function where all the ladies were present especially deepika<br><br>he really thinks of himself as a stud,but never goes anywhere without a full foundation bottle slapped on his face,i wish deepika stayed with ranbeir they were well suited. never want to hear her name linked with mr stud shahid it would be a major insult to her<br>

Just wondering but how can you like Deepika so much but dislike Shahid simultaneously? Both have such similar personalities, they are both soooo diplomatic. Its like hating aishwarya and liking Priyanka or vice versa. Or liking Sonam but hating Kareena and vice versa. Generally speaking, what gives? I always wondered about this.

OT: I doubt Shahid-Deepika news is true, if it is its going to be more boring than DP-RK.Edited by xetaxeta - 14 years ago
cinema-goer thumbnail

Originally posted by: sajibabe

please i hope god spares deepika from this desperate man in making, he is like a wounded tiger going from one woman to another, it doesnt mean one woman dumps you, that you stop respecting the rest
im hating his attitude these days, i hope better sense prevails deepika & she doesnt faal in to his clutches, she is so beatiful & elegant & deserves some one sincere & honest, who showers on her the love & respect she deserves.
 it seems to me that mr arrogant shahid's agenda is to go through all the single women in the industry, i was so happy that shahid was shown the mirror in a recent awards cermony, where they put his,priyinka & harman's pic with x factor on it, the poor man was gutted that his true colours were coming out in a function where all the ladies were present especially deepika

he really thinks of himself as a stud,but never goes anywhere without a full foundation bottle slapped on his face,i wish deepika stayed with ranbeir they were well suited. never want to hear her name linked with mr stud shahid it would be a major insult to her

Ohhhhh So Deepika was in only one relation-ship until now and shahid is stud.Somewhere i sense a spelling mistake.....or am i delusional????????🤔
lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I love then to be in a movie together but I do not think they are going to end up together.

But you never know girls often end up with biys not up to them.

Deepika is a very smart, beautifula dn independent girl. But at the same time she is very homely. She will look nice with a strong man and Shahid is like a boy....

But then again you never know I did not think that :

Abhi is going to end up with Ash
or
Kareena is going toend up with Saif
or
Farah is going to end up with Akki😆

But thigs happen...what if they have more in common than we know about..

ajooni thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Shahid tweeted to Deepika calling her 'babes'😲.What was he thinking..thankfully she didn't reply.Hopefully  DMed him and told him to be careful..

The real deal would be if their exes Ranbir and Priyanka  spent some quality time together in the US of A and bonded😎.That would be something...

They should walk in together on the Filmfare red carpet..in the guise of promoting A A.The media would have a field day😆
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ajooni

They should walk in together on the Filmfare red carpet..in the guise of promoting A A.The media would have a field day😆

I think they should.....that would be a huge boost to the movie!! There will be so much drama! When is AA relaasing?😆
MimiLulu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Is it true?  Dang they both move fast!!!

Oh Biru needs to keep his hormones to himself and not date anyone for a while even if I adore Priyanka.  See my sig.  Exactly, he doesn't need anyone else.