Aamir Awarded Padma Bhushan, Saif Padma Shri! - Page 5

Posted: 14 years ago
Saif gets Padma Shree, WTF!

And Rekha ji too gets only a Padma Shree, a bigger WTF! She should have been given Padma Bhushan atleast. It is a disgrace to her.
Edited by SolidSnake - 14 years ago
^^^ exactly deepak, and there r Still a lot Deserving who didnt get any yet...
Err..Minnie is that you?

BTW can anyone post the entire list of winners, would be great to know about other people too.
^^^ heheh yah its me   ðŸ˜›

here is the Pdma shree winner list's wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padma_Shri

Padma Vibhushan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padma_Vibhushan
Edited by minnie.reet - 14 years ago
After Padma Shri, Saif thanks all his directors
Monday, January 25, 2010

An overwhelmed Saif Ali Khan thanked all his directors for his successful film career that fetched him his Padma Shri national honour Monday.

'I am very proud and honoured to have received this honour. I would like to thank my family and loved ones who have been there for me and the industry for supporting me,' Saif, who is in Mumbai, said in an e-mail message.

'I would particularly like to thank Imtiaz Ali, Aditya Chopra, Karan Johar, Ramesh Taurani, Farhan Akhtar, Vidhu Vinod Chopra, Siddharth Anand, Kunal Kohli and Vishal Bhardwaj for having faith in me and making me who I am today,' he added.

After debuting with 'Aashiq Awara' in 1992, Saif had to struggle a lot till 'Dil Chahta Hai' happened in 2001. Directed by Farhan Akhtar, the film marked a turning point in his career. There was no looking back for the actor after that as he delivered hits after hits like 'Kal Ho Naa Ho', 'Ek Hasina Thi', 'Hum Tum', 'Parineeta', 'Salaam Namaste', 'Omkara' and 'Love Aaj Kal'.

Talk abt rising from the ashes, lol
18 years, but he made a mark, finally. As that dna afterhours reporter said to twitter, he may have lost his best years messing around, but he got somewhere, lol
Thanks Minnie!

This is the entire list of winners...official press release, worth looking at

http://www.pib.nic.in/release/release.asp?relid=57307

Who are the other 19 winners? I think Akshay got one last year. Aish the year before that.
Do they select film personalities every year?

padma shri is the lowest rank of the prestigious 3 tier citizen award.. then it is padma bhushan , n the ultimate is padma vibhushan! :)
Ok wow

Look at the number of winners. Ppl are cribbing coz saif won one outta like 20 spots?!?
Dude, haha, I thought he had unfairly jacked some category taht shoudl have gone to some other civilian in another field,but seeing as Ash adn Akki got it  last year, skr's gotten one,Aamir got one, why is it SOOOO unfair if saif gets rewarded after like 20 yrs in teh industry?
Can't compare SRK/Aamir to Saif, seriously. Even Sunny Deol has more hit movies than Saif I believe, has he been awarded till date?