CID

Concept of half-hour episodes

debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
I think they should start showing half-hour episodes again. That way, they can get better TRP's and the show can get better as the incorporation of events will be better. Plus, the suspense will also be good for the show. Edited by debayon - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: debayon

I think they should start showing half-hour episodes again. That way, they can get better TRP's and the show can get better as the incorporation of events will be better. Plus, the suspense will also be good for the show.

C'mon Debayon, I want to see CID for one hour every week.
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Yaar, I understand. But look at the quality of the episodes. Everything seems to be done in a hurry. What would you prefer: 2 half-hour episodes shown Friday and Saturday where they look at minor things and their train of thought is parallel to their train of logic or one 1 hour episode, where everything is done in a hurry?
prabha. thumbnail
Sony alloted CID one hr slot since 10 Mar 2006. In one of the recent articles someone from Sony said that CID is the only show whose TRPs have remained unaffected after YRF Serials started. So TRPs can't be the reason to go back to half hour episodes and creative aspect of any show was never a priority. I am pretty sure that not going to happen. 

The half hour shows being aired on any channel are daily soaps ie 2 hrs a week. The few Weekly Shows we have are all one hour long. Thats become a format. CID is such a popular weekly show, they can't be showing it for just half hour a week.

Also I don't understand why people now feel that the quality of script has gone down. I have been making a list of all CID Episodes that have been aired since it became one hour show. Some of the 2007-2008 case weren't even upto today's standard. I feel the quality is improving compared to 2007-2008 not 1998-2002.
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: prabhanarayan

Sony alloted CID one hr slot since 10 Mar 2006. In one of the recent articles someone from Sony said that CID is the only show whose TRPs have remained unaffected after YRF Serials started. So TRPs can't be the reason to go back to half hour episodes and creative aspect of any show was never a priority. I am pretty sure that not going to happen. 

The half hour shows being aired on any channel are daily soaps ie 2 hrs a week. The few Weekly Shows we have are all one hour long. Thats become a format. CID is such a popular weekly show, they can't be showing it for just half hour a week.

Also I don't understand why people now feel that the quality of script has gone down. I have been making a list of all CID Episodes that have been aired since it became one hour show. Some of the 2007-2008 case weren't even upto today's standard. I feel the quality is improving compared to 2007-2008 not 1998-2002.

I feel even 2006-2007 - when Muskaan and Anushka were around also had some excellent cases. The phool chaman one, then the Daya Kidnapping, the CID traitors episode etc.
prabha. thumbnail
2006 was fine but I feel most cases featuring Devyana, Lavanya and Kaveri were not even to the level it is now. And ek achha episod to aa hi jata hai in 2-3 months.