Khamoshi....one shot (RN).

Posted: 14 years ago

Raj and Naina....

The made for each other couple....

Sitting besides each other after their pheras, as they looked into each other's eyes with immense love, Naina went back to the time when they fell in love.

They met in college and she fell for him instantly. It was the love at first sight for her.

He was defending a guy against seniors, when the guy was being ragged.

His courage, his intelligence with which he handled the seniors, the mischief in his eyes as he fooled them, his smirk on seeing his seniors caught in their own game and his friendly attitude as the guy thanked him, where the things that attracted her towards him.

She learnt from her friends that he was Raj.....he was just Raj for her then.

They were complete opposites....

He was focussed on his aim and was calm, serious, composed and sensitive with an edge of intelligence, wit and mischief.

While she was innocent,bubbly, mischievous, full of life.....who believed living in present.

Though she never made any gestures that would make her feelings obvious to him or anyone else....

Once boys played a prank on their professor and all were punished to stay out of the class for a week. It was there exam on the month end and getting notes was important.

She was pleasantly shocked when he approached her for the notes,leaving behind all other girls who drooled over him.

That was the beginning of their friendship.....

Slowly both felt that their feelings were much deeper than attraction....and for that matter, 'Love ' was the word insufficient to describe what they felt for each other.

One day Raj by mistake forgot his I-Card in the class and Naina was shocked to find that he was Rajveer Singh Shekhawat!!

Son of their enemy Ranveer Singh Shekhawat....!

Naina's father Kuldeep Singh and Raj's father Ranveer Singh Shekhawat were staunch enemies....

That was the enmity of generations....which couldnt be forgotten that easily.

Her world was shattered...

She knew, they can never be together....as, though, her parents had considerate outlook, she had heard a lot about Shekhawats and there paramparas...

She decided, it's better to stay away than face a heart break and began avoiding him.

He was disturbed by her changed behaviour and asked for an explanation for her avoiding him, but everytime she would just leave the place silently, without a word.

Raj had had enough...her ignorance was making him crazy.

One day he cornered her in the college and confessed his Love.

She cried and told him that they can never be together and she was daughter of Kuldeep Singh.

He tenderly held her face and said that what matters to him is she and her love and nothing else. She hugged him fiercely and confessed her feelings too.

She had told her parents about Raj, as she never hid anything from her parents. Her family objected strongly on her dating Raj. Saying that it has got to do with family background & that Naina will have to suffer for the rest of her life if she were to be with him.

Same was the case with Raj and his family.

Due to family's pressure, the couple quarreled very often. Though Naina loved him deeply and knew that Raj too loved her immensely, but she always asked him, "How deep is your love for me?"

As Raj was not so good with words, this often caused Naina to be very upset. With that & the family's pressure, Naina often vent her anger on him. As for Raj, he only endured it in silence as he understood her perfectly and knew what she was going through.

After their graduation, Raj decided to do his further studies in overseas.

Before leaving, he proposed to Naina,

"I'm not very good with words....you know that. But all I know is that I love you. Mere liye tum meri duniya hi nahi, zindagi ho. Yaha se jaane se pehle main tumse ek waada chahta hoon....ki tum sirf meri ho. Main waada karta hoon, saari zindagi tumse pyaar karunga aur itni khushiya bhardunga ki unhe samet te huye tumhara daman bhi chota pad jaye. Will you marry me?"

Naina was in tears and she said, 'Yes'.

With Raj's determination, both their families finally gave in & agreed to let them get married. So before he left, they got engaged.

As Raj went abroad for studies, Naina stayed home,learning duties of a home-maker, along with helping her dad in business.

They sent their love through phone calls, emails and long letters...

One fateful day, Naina met an accident.

When she woke up, she saw her parents and in-laws beside her bed. She realized that she was badly injured. Seeing her mum crying, she wanted to comfort her. But she realized that all that could come out of her mouth was just a sigh. She has lost her voice......

The doctor said that the impact on her brain has caused her to lose her voice. Listening to her parents' comfort, but with nothing coming out from her, she broke down.

During the stay in hospital, besides silent cry,.....it's still just silenced cry that accompanied her. Upon reaching home, everything seemed to be the same. Except for the ringing tone of the phone. Which pierced into her heart every time it rang. She does not wish to let Raj know (She had made her parents and in-laws swear on her.) & not wanting to be a burden to him, she wrote a letter to him saying that she does not love him and she has realised that, their relationship can't work as he is not the one for her.

With that, she sent the ring back to him.

In return, Raj sent millions & millions of reply, and countless of phone calls,.. But all Naina could do, besides crying, was still crying....

Her parents decided to send her to her Uncle's place, hoping that she could eventually forget everything & be happy.

In a new environment, though Naina didnt forget him even for a second, but she learnt sign language & started a new life. Telling herself everyday that she must forget Raj.

One day, Pooja, her friend came & told her that he's back.

She asked Pooja not to let him know what happened to her. Since then, there wasn't anymore news of him.

A year has passed & Pooja came again....but this time with an envelope....

An envelope containing an invitation card for Raj's wedding.

Naina's already shattered world was broken to pieces....She cried and cried ....and when she finally opened the card......

When she opened the card, she saw her name in it at the place of bride's name.

When she was about to ask pooja what's going on, she saw Raj standing in front of her.

He was staring at her with tears rolling down his cheeks.....and pain in his eyes.

" Tum toh badi khudgarz nikli Naina !" , he accused, " Maine toh tumse bas thodisi khushiya maangi thi....par tumne toh apne gham bhi mujhe nahi diye!"

She began sobbing and he hugged her fiercely, with so much force that she was unable to breathe. She too clung to him. Both were comforting each other and he separated to shower her face with feather light kisses.

Finally, when they were a bit composed, he pulled away.

He used sign language telling her, "I've spent a year's time to learn sign language. Just to let you know that I've not forgotten our promise. Let me have the chance to be your voice. I Love You."

Naina was pleasantly shocked and she covered her mouth with her hand in astonishment.

Raj took that hand and gazing at her unblinkingly, he slipped the ring back into her finger.

" Ab kabhi bhi isse apne aap se alag mat karna." , he warned, " Tum sirf aur sirf meri ho....aur main tumhara."

She hugged him tightly and they were brought back to senses with loud applause and cheering from their families and friends.....

Back to present....

" I love you, biwi." , he said in sign language, oblivious to everyone standing there.

She smiled shyly and gestured, " I love you 2,3,4 !!"

Edited by manatated - 14 years ago

Hi guys...

I had written it long time back and thought of posting it today...

hope you people will like it.

Waiting eagerly for your comments....

Silent readers,please press the " Like " button...

luv,
manatated.
Edited by manatated - 14 years ago
That was just wonderful!!! I luved it when Raj said....he spent one year in learning sign language.....wow!!! But thoda zyada waqt nahi le liya??  hehe.....jokes apart....it was an amazing shot Mana.....luved the way the strength of their bond was depicted....aur main to sochke hi muskura rahi hu.....how cute was that!!! Just awesum!!!
WOW!!!!!!!!!amazing.....

Totally beautiful.......

loved d dialogues and way d feelings wer expressed......

truely awesome........
superb brilliant os dear.
it's just too good.loved it. u wrote it very beautifully.u show the power of true love.loved the os.
write more os dear.

very well written and beautifully expressed.....kudos to u
Just simply wonderful....!!!👏👏
👏
Why did you hide this till now...????😕
😕
Loved it....!!!!!!!⭐️
⭐️
The best part of all was Raj learning the sign language....!!!!!⭐️

Good job....!!!!👏

Simply Superb....loved it 👏
Despite all the family rivalry...RN love wins and both families agree for their marriage. But after Naina's accident she feels that she is not fit for raj...that he only deserves the best.
But Raj loves her and his love was never so weak. He lears Sign language for her and Naina cannot refuse this time.
They get married and live happily ever after.😊
just one word for this fic "BEAUTIFUL😊

👏 this is for ur writing waise i know ye taliya kam hai but for now bas itni hi kyunki mein abhi bhi fic ke effect mein hu.
amazing writing Mana...!
i luved the last part most when Raj stands in front of Naina n said he took 1 year to learn a sign language.simply gr8.
awesoooome..
superb.
excellent..