Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

'My heroine looks too fat' - Salman Khan

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Duel personality

Salman Khan suggested changes in Veer after watching the rough print, the makers obstinately refused, an ugly verbal spat resulted

As the release of Veer is inching closer (January 22, 2010), Salman Khan is out to ensure that there are no loopholes in the film. Veer is close to the actor's heart as he is the lead actor-cum-scriptwriter. So Salman suggested a few changes after watching the rough print of the film. However, the filmmakers were in no mood to comply, resulting in an ugly, verbal spat between them.

A source says, "Salman had been writing the script of Veer over the years. The film is his baby and he is personally involved in every aspect. On Friday night, while watching the rough print of the film, Salman was a tad disappointed with the end product. He was unhappy with the length and wanted it to be cut short by a few minutes. He understands that today's audience does not have the patience to watch a lengthy film. Also, there were certain scenes in this epic film which required technical changes with regards to the colour scheme. Salman explained it to the producer and director but they were adamant about leaving the colour gradient as it is. What started as a discussion finally led to a full-blown argument, resulting in an ugly, verbal spat between the actor on one side and the producer and director on the other."

Director Anil Sharma denied any such argument. He says, "I have just landed in Mumbai from Delhi. I am not aware of any such thing. The final print is not even out, so how can one watch the film? It will be out in a couple of days since editing and several other technicalities are still under process."

However, producer Vijay Galani confirmed the news but brushed off the issue lightly. He says, "Those were creative discussions. A certain portion of the film was shown to Salman and we had a discussion between Anilji, Salman and me regarding the colour gradient. It is Salman's film and he will naturally give inputs. There was no verbal spat."

? Salman understands that today's audience does not have the patience to watch a lengthy film

Edited by Lubnavaishali - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
'My heroine looks too fat'

Mumbai: The spat between Salman Khan and his producer Vijay Galani has turned uglier with Salman pulling out from the promotions of his own movie.

That's the reason, Salman Khan wanted changes made in his film; when the producers didn't comply, the actor decided to pull out of all promotions.

The producers are desperately trying to make Salman agree to attend a parade at Delhi's Red Fort where Salman is supposed to be chief guest.

Sources say Salman, who is also the scriptwriter of the film, was demanding a few changes in the climax scene which Galani has refused to make. So a miffed Salman has cancelled all promotional activities for the movie to force his producers to toe the line.

"He (Vijay Galani) and I had a few arguments regarding the film. It's been happening right when we were filming the movie," Salman said. But things took a turn for the worse when Galani shot down Salman's ideas to further edit certain portions of the climax.

"Salman felt that in certain scenes Zarine Khan (his heroine) is looking too fat. He asked Galani to edit some of her scenes out to make sure that she looks good on screen. Galani refused, saying that it was an integral portion of the climax. Salman then demanded that being the scriptwriter of the film, he had the right to dictate changes in the film's script. But all his pleas fell on deaf ears," says a source.

As a result Salman walked out of the editing studio and declared that he would not be a part of the film's promotion anymore. The people at the receiving end were of course the companies who had entered into a marketing deal with Salman's producers. One of them is Dheeraj Gupta who owns a renowned vada pav chain in Mumbai.

"I had reserved two studios, one hundred hoardings and had also called the whole media contingent to introduce Salman as the brand ambassador of my product. I was suddenly told that Salman has a problem with his own movie and has decided not to be a part of the promotional campaigns at all. I have lost more than Rs10 lakh on that day itself. The losses are just increasing," Gupta rued.

When contacted, Galani admitted that there were some disagreements. "But these minor differences keep on happening in any creative field," he said.

Link http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_my-heroine-looks-too-fat_1333932
Mistyy thumbnail
oh boy another big budget flop is lining up!!
RagMasta thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I wish Salman good luck with his film!! its nice to see him really involved!
AdInfinitum thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Mumbai Mirror makes up stories based on their sources. If they get an official quote then they spice it up with garbage and the story ends up being far from the truth. Salman is doing tons of interviews. He's gonna race with jockeys at the racecourse. Bunch of stuff is lined up. As for the vada pav endorsement, maybe its not the right time for that since he's busy with Veer promotions.

When it comes to Salman, the press lies. I'll wait for him to confirm it. He is very honest and will say it like it is.
pooja_l thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Waiting to watch veer
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
guess he realized it's gonna be a flop no matter how much he promotes so better not wasting time on it anymore
This is pretty hilarious if it is true. But I don't think this can be true.. cauz from what I have heard they made the heroine gain weight so that she could look like the voluptuous women of that era.. So they shouldnt complain about her weight..
lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Oh Boy....

I t feels like a flop already...there is no publicity or the hype around it..plus MNIK is coming too.

And then the actress reminds of KAtrina all th e way...the more I see the promos the more I feel What was Salmana thinking?..And SAlman says "I do not see nay resemblances"....so the person who can not see the rresemblence between two girls had made the movie....

I am scared....I hope the movie works atleast for SAlman......
AdInfinitum thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
How do you come to a conclusion that the movie is gonna flop based on one report of argument? 😆Salman hatred is very amusing!
Edited by SalmanFan - 14 years ago