Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ditto100 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Hey Mich 😃

Glad that we're meeting more of Nikki's family. I never really pictured her like that. It's nice to see both of them interacting with others 😊

Originally posted by: mich09

When he disconnects, the executive looks at  his colleague and says, "Good Lord, that man sounded as if he is pregnant!"

😆 😆 😆

Abhi glares at the  waiter.     How, he wished he could double the guy up as a punching bag and  box him till the word kulfi falooda  was completely wiped out from his memory box.

🤣 🤣 🤣 I love falooda! 😛

Great work Mich 😃
Ditto100 thumbnail
Hey Mich! 😃 

Didn't realise you had updated so quickly - thank you for writing! 😃 

Was wondering why Nikki was so cool about Abhi being around all these women (even if they are family) but you have explained it wonderfully. Abhi is such a gentleman and an awesome husband! 😍

As she looks up, the lights   flicker  on.    She shudders in fear as she finds herself looking into  the evil gleaming eyes of Akash.   

To her  horror, she finds Abhi watching them, his  eyes frozen in stunned silence.

😲  😲 🥺

Oh - my - gosh! 😲 
clars thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: anyalolita

*gasp*

Michelle you naughty thing! The next update had better be there tomorrow or i'll implode!

Lol, yeah, Akash's scar...I thought it was from Nikki because he overstepped the mark with her or something, but then his reaction on hearing Abhi's full name makes me think otherwise. Now when did that brawl happen? :P

PS yeah, it is amusing that Nikki got trapped in the same position Abhi unwittingly was in a few months ago, but the difference is, whereas Sonali didn't get the slap she deserved (grr Nikki 😛), I'm hoping Akash gets some sense pounded into him. Not likely at a wedding, i know 😆 but most my fantasies are something similar to Abhi shirtless like in the riots scenes and working those muscles for his Nikki's protection. Now I'm going off track. Update soon. 😆

agree on the highlighted i tght she would rip of Sonali 🤢🤢 instead nikki left without even confronting either of them  atleast abhi will Make sure he confronts Nikki and Aakash and am damn sure some bones will broken 2😆😳😃 thats what i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee abt Abhi will see to it no one Messes with him and also the people he loves 😳😳😳.

btw Michi Any actor in yr mind who u think can play Aakash' role 🤢 the Guy is such a creep Man why did he have to hug her he knew she called out 2  Abhi 😡 stupid Guy took Advantage of the dark also me not liking him Staring at Nikki all the time  🤢😡

mich09 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Annie, Bhavs,  Clars,  Shale,  Ivy, Pri and Ditto for your lovely comments.   I can see,  there is quiet a stir with regard to Akash...
😃

Would love to reply to every bit of your  comment, but, I have been extremely busy today and just got back...

So in response, I will just post the next part  in few minutes....

All I want to say, thanks so much....

Your comments and encouragement really boosts us up....

mich09 thumbnail

PART 12

I apologise for the length of the update.. 

Abhimanyu Modi would never have imagined  to see another man's arms around his wife.       He  keeps staring at those arms wanting to rip them apart.     His fists curl up into a tight ball, at  his sides.       Eyes burning with jealousy,  he looks at      his wife.

'Abhi,"  she calls out softly, her heart leaping with happiness.   Pushing away  Akash's hands,  she   runs towards him.  

Watching her unsteady movements, a worried Abhi  quickly moves forward and  just as she trips,   manages to  secure her in his arms, breaking the fall.

Terror stricken,  she clings on to him.     Her  breathing  is heavy. 

"What is Mr. Unimportant doing here?"  he asks crisply.

"I thought  it was you,"    mumbles  Nikki nervously.

Akash Khurana  turns around  and  watches Nikki fall into the arms of  a man, he presumed was her husband. 

'Oh My God!'  his eyes widen in horror.   'Abhimanyu Modi, Nikki's husband ?  This can't be!

He finds Abhi's   fiery  eyes poring  at him.    The fire smoldering  in those eyes was threatening to turn Akash into ash. 

'Has he finally recognized   me?"   Akash wonders.     'I've got to do something, got to make peace."

With  his arms protectively around Nikki,   Abhi continues to watch Akash as he nears them.    

"I guess she mistook me  to be You," he tells Abhi.

Hearing his voice behind her, a petrified Nikki digs,  even more, into Abhi.

"I gathered that,"  Abhi tells him frostily.  "My wife is not in a habit of hugging strangers,  but  then,"  he glares  at Akash,  "I  don't think  I can say the same of you, Can I?"    The bite in his tone stings Akash.

"Look,  because of the darkness, there was a mistake,"   Akash manages feebly avoiding  Abhi's eyes.   "I  have to be going," he mutters and dashes off quickly.

Looking down at Nikki, Abhi finds her shaking in his arms.    

"You got frightened?"  he asks her tenderly.

Nikki nods into his chest.

"Of the darkness or  Him?"

Nikki  is alarmed.

"How do you know him Nikki?" Abhi  urges, in a soft tone.

"Abhi,  its really not important,"   She  looks at him imploringly.

"Not important enough to tell me, but important enough to fear him?"

Nikki knew she was defeated.

"His parents and my Mom are very good friends,"  Nikki finally begins to tell him.    "Four years  ago,  when I went to  London to  visit  mom and Jas, she wanted me to meet Akash.  Both  the families were very keen we marry.    I had no  such intention because I wanted to concentrate on  becoming a doctor.    With mom's constant nagging,   I relented to meet him once"  Abhi is listening  with anxiety on his face, his arms still  protectively around her.

"When I met him,  I  told him,  I had no intention of marrying him, but, he was   very sure that  our parents  would somehow  get us  married.    So convinced was he, about our  marriage, that he thought it was his  right and  attempted to kiss me on that very first meeting." 

Overcome by revulsion,   Nikki  clings on to  Abhi even more  tightly.           

Angered by Akash's act,  Abhi stiffens  but tightens his arms  soothingly around Nikki. 

"Then?"  he asks softly

"He was unsuccessful  as  I managed to give him a hard resounding slap,  telling him never to show me his face again."

"Good!"   applauds  Abhi.

"After that, we meet  today.     He is following me  around begging for  my  forgiveness, but, something about that guy, I find repulsive,  Abhi.    He gives me the creeps."   Her mouth begins to quiver in fear.

"Hush!"  Abhi quietens her putting his finger on her lips.  "Don't worry.  I won't let him do anything to you.    For some unknown reason  I also  dislike  that  guy.    I  don't know why, but I feel  I  have seen him before.   I just can't  remember where.  

"Abhi, Nikki, is everything okay?"   Rohit's  concerned voice makes them turn towards him.

"Yeah," Abhi nods his head.  "Its just that Nikki   is afraid of the dark."

"Nikki, can I get you something?"    Rohit asks her.

"No, I am fine now, thanks " she tells him with a weak smile.

"Abhi, I just  saw Akash go inside.   Did you meet him?   How was your reunion?    Tell me, I am curious to know."  Rohit looks expectantly at him.

Abhi looks puzzled at Rohit.

"Should I know him?   I  feel I should,  but my memory fails me."

"Oh My God!  You don't remember Akash Khurana?"   Rohit looks disbelievingly,  at  Abhi.

"That is his  name?  Its familiar too?"  Abhi is astonished.

Rohit  folds his hand  and bows to    Abhi saying,  "Dr. Abhimanyu Modi,  Tussi Great Ho!     You almost broke his face and you don't remember the guy?"   Akash is holding his stomach as he laughs  heartily.

Nikki gasps.  She looks at Abhi, who looks at her and then back to Akash.

"Me? When?"  he asks in puzzlement.

"Remember 12th grade ?   Shikha ?"   Rohit coaxes

Abhi's  eyes narrow as he goes   down memory lane.       When realization sets in,  his face glows   and  he mouths a long  "Ohhhhh!"

"Yes,  now  I remember!"    he exclaims.     Pointing  towards  the direction Akash had exited,   he   asks  Rohit,   "Shit this is that same worm ?"

"Yes.  You got it right my friend,"  Rohit smiles as he nods his head.

Nikki , who was looking confusedly from one man to the other,  butts in, "Can someone tell me what happened?"   

As Rohit proceeds to  explain the details  to Nikki,  Abhi   goes over    the incident in his mind.       

It was exam time and students were busy   preparing for  it.         On that particular day,   Abhi and Rohit  stayed  up  late in the  campus.   There  must have been barely  few  students   and staff on  the  campus   around that time.

Rohit had gone  down,  to get drinks for them,  from the canteen.  It    was in the basement of the building,  whose first floor staircase they were sitting on.    On the  two floors above them there was an I.T centre and a library.           Taking a break from   his books,  Abhi    stands up and stretches himself.   He leans over the ledge  and  looks  out at the huge soccer field of the campus.

He,  then,   hears  a girl protesting loudly   "Stop it,  Stop it I said.  Help"    It was coming from the floor above.     Skipping two, three  steps in between,  Abhi dashes    up the stairs.

On the next landing of  stairs,  he   sees a boy trying  to kiss a girl while she was trying to ward him off. 

"What's going on here?"  he calls out loudly.    The boy turns  to look at him.     Abhi recognizes  him as Akash.  Though they were  of the same grade,   they were not in the same class.  So they hardly met.      The girl, however, was from  Abhi's class.  Her name   was  Shikha.   She was a pretty,    quiet and  a studious girl.       

Seeing Abhi, she takes  the opportunity and   shelters  behind  him.

"Abhimanyu,  as I came down from the library, this Akash  was asking  me about some books.   Then he pulled away my bag.  When I protested   he  tried to get fresh with me," she  explains with fear on her face.   "He still has my  books folder.  I am getting late.   I want to leave for home.  Have lots to  study." 

Akash  flashes an evil smile.  "You want your books, come and get it."   He holds up the  folder  with his left hand.

"Akash, don't be foolish, Just return Shikha's    books  to her.  Its exam  time and everyone is busy with their studies.   No one has time to fool around."

"Who asked you to interfere between us?"  Akash questions him.  "You mind your own business."

"You are making a mistake Akash, I am warning you," Abhi growls.    "Don't let me come to  get  it from you."

"Oh Really!  lets, see,"   He says.   "I know how to handle  interfering   nuts    like you,"  He tells Abhi.

Looking around, he  finds a rod lying nearby.   He picks it up and is about to strike Abhi with it.      Shika holds her mouth with both her hands in horror,  while  Rohit  who had just come   up,   is stunned at what was happening in front of him."

Consumed with anger, Abhi  prevents the hit  by firmly holding  the rod with his left hand and lifting his right  hand,  he punches Akash,  hard  on the jaw.      He never expected it to be such a hard blow.

To their horror,   blood started oozing   from Akash's    mouth and nose.  It  flowed    down on to the floor along with a tooth. Akash  slumped to the ground.  Paralysed with fear,  the other three were  unable to move.

Meanwhile,  the librarian and few other college staff came rushing to the spot and   took  Akash to the hospital.    He ended up with a deep cut on the lip  and loss of  tooth, which need a minor  surgery  and fifteen sutures to mend it.

Abhi was lucky  not to  be punished by the school and pressed with  grave charges,    as  Shika,  boldly,    told the    Principal  that Akash  misbehaved with her and it was Abhi  who saved her.     

Akash's parents pleaded with  the  Principal, and with Abhi and Shika to take back their complaint,  so that  he doesn't get rusticated .   After the involvement of  Abhi and Shikha's parents, the matter was  amicably settled.

When the    parents wanted to make peace between the two boys, Abhi  was not interested in meeting   Akash.    He told  Akash's parents to  carry his     message  to him  " Tell  Akash,  I  hope  he has  learnt  his lesson  and  in the future,   if   I ever  found him messing around with any girl again,  then  I should not be blamed  for the consequences."      He did  not know whether his message reached Akash,  but,   they never met again.   Post exams,   Abhi had moved to medical college.

Coming back to the present,  Abhi was amazed at  life's surprises.  

"How can you  not recognize him Abhi?" Rohit laughs

"How could I?   In  school  we barely met and that was what some  16-17 years back.  We all looked so different then,"  he laughs.

Nikki  smiles happily.    When she  had met Akash, she wondered how he got that ugly scar.   Now she knows its    her  own husband's gift to him.   She felt so proud of him.

"Something about that  guy I never liked then, nor do I like now."  Abhi says, with a steely faraway look.

"Me too,"  agrees Rohit.  "I only tolerate him because Sonam and the  Kapoors dote on him.

"Looks like that incident didn't change that ars........"Abhi  stops himself in time.      "He better not mess  with my wife,"   he growls  menancingly.

"Nikki, did he do anything to you?"  Rohit asks worriedly.

"No Rohit, nothing to worry and  now, I don't think he'll dare,"  she looks fondly at her husband.

Then trying to change the mood, she says.

'Thank God, Shikha spoke the truth  Abhi  or else you would have been in deep trouble."   

"Why wouldn't she?" exclaims  Rohit.   "She  was secretly  in love with  Abhi."

"WHAAAT?"    Abhi and Nikki  holler at him.

"You mean, you never  knew?"   Rohit  looks  amazed at Abhi.      Abhi shakes his head in the negative.

"There you guys are !" Simran comes up to them, looking relieved.         " Everyone is waiting  for   you, inside.      They are playing some slow romantic numbers and we want all couples to dance."

Nikki  declines, saying  she was feeling tired.

"I am not asking you to do fast dance, Di" says Simran, teasingly  "I know you can't  do it in your condition, but, surely  you can  dance slowly.

Nikki looks at Abhi  for help.

"We'll give it a pass,"  Abhi tells Simran.  "Some other time."

"No we are looking forward to our favourite couples, dancing and you  cannot break our hearts,"  Simran protests sulkily.

"Simran is  right.  You both have to  dance."  Rohit chips in.  "Its my  wedding yaar."

Then patting Abhi's back he says,

"Look  Abhi,  with these wedding  festivities, we got an opportunity to  reconnect.   After you  moved to medical, we  barely  kept in touch.   Then I moved to Mumbai to  handle our family construction business.    It  was only for the meeting with that  minster that we were,  once again,  in  regular touch.   Yet,   we haven't really  hung out together, whereas, in school we were best friends.    Now lets use these  wedding festivities  to    spend some nice time together.

He then looks fondly at Nikki.    " Also, look at the lovely coincidence,  your beautiful wife is now my saali."

"Yeah but don't forget she is my Gharwali,"   Abhi warns teasingly

"Good Lord !  How can I ever forget that?   I   don't want to die so early in life" he winks  at Nikki.

They all burst out laughing as they make their way inside.

As they enter,  Abhi's eyes automatically finds Akash standing across the room.    Finding him stiffen, Nikki follows his eyes and realizes the cause for it.  

"Abhi"  she whispers softly, tenderly  rubbing  his arm. 

Rohit, too, has noticed the reason for Abhi's angst.

"Abhi, please  relax!"  he whispers.

"Don't worry Rohit, I won't  create a scene,"   Abhi assures him.

Then proferring his hand to Nikki,  he asks,

"Shall  we  dance?"   

"Hmmnn"    smiles  Nikki as she puts her hand in his.

As Abhi leads her to the dance floor,  Sonam comes to Rohit and asks him where the hell he was?  

"Had to catch up with someone," he smiles

"Now  can we   dance?"  She asks him

"Yes of course,"  he smiles at her.    "But, please give me few minutes,  I've got some unfinished business to complete.  Will be with you soon Sweetheart."

He walks over  to  Akash  and  pats  him on the back. 

"I've got one friendly advice for you.  Just stay,  far away,  as much as possible, from  Abhimanyu Modi and his wife Nikita," he tells him with a smile.    "He has now recognized you and  if he could do what he did to you,    just  for  a classmate, then Nikita is his wife and his  life.       Who better than you to know what  could happen to that person, who messes with her!      So be careful," he warns,  smiling once again.    He then  walks off,  leaving  a stunned Akash, staring after him. 

"Don't keep looking at me like that,"  Abhi tells his wife  who was gaping   at him  with loving eyes  while she moved her body  in sync with his.    

"Why?"  she whispers, with a naughty smile on her lips.

"Its too tempting," he  drawls  seductively, bending his face closer to hers.  " I'll  have no choice but to kiss you here in front of everyone.    Then, don't say I am taking liberties."    

Nikki's face flushes with colour.

Then,    moving her eyeballs from one corner to the other  corner of her eyes,    she asks,

"Abhi,   was  Shika pretty?"

"Hmmm,  yeah   you could say so," he replies indifferently.

"If, at that time,  you knew   that   Shika was in love with you, would  you  have been happy about it."

"Yeah, why not?" he shrugs.  "Who wouldn't  be  happy to know that someone  loves them."

Uncomfortable with his answer, Nikki's face turns pale.

"Then  I  suppose you would have ended up marrying her." she pouts.

Abhi smiles at  the  glints of  jealousy flashing in her eyes.

"Jealous?"  he asks.

"Why should I be?"   With a nonchalant shake of her head, she tries to  brush it away.

"Hmmmn,"  drones Abhi with the raise of an eyebrow.

Then, putting a finger under  her chin, he pushes her face to look at him.

"The moment I found the person I loved and wanted  to spend my whole  my life with, I   married her and made her mine, forever"

Unable to contain the joy his words gave her, Nikki    lowers her eyes shyly.   Then  lifting it up  again, she asks softly,

"Were  you jealous when you saw me with Akash?"

"What do you think I am ?  A Saint!"   Abhi asks agitatedly. "Of course I was jealous especially when I saw his arm around you.  Wanted  to cut them off."

Nikki  smiles at the aggression in his  voice.

"And me?"  she asks  softly  "What did you think about me ?"

"I seriously began to think he was an old boyfriend, but, then Nikki,    why  didn't you tell me about him when I asked?"  He  gives her a    hurt    look.     

"I don't think we can come this far in life without going  through some crushes  or broken relationships.   I think we are now mature enough to understand this.  And then there was nothing between you and Akash to hide!"

"I just felt uncomfortable talking about him,"   she explains. "Didn't my not telling you about Akash and then seeing me with him, make you suspect  that there is something between us?"  Nikki  was eager  to  know

"I was jealous for sure.        I can't bear anyone else to touch you,  Nikki.   It shakes my whole system,"  he tells her peevishly.    "I was also  a bit annoyed with you for not telling me about him, when I could sense you knew him before.    Yet, old flame, however uncomfortable,  is still understandable,  but,    something between you two?"  there was incredulity in his voice.   "This is  difficult for me to believe!"        

"How can you be so sure Abhi?" Nikki  feels cagey.

"Because, we both are emotional people, Nikki.   We look for  meaningful  relationships.   Its not  easy for, either of us,   to flit from one relationship into another so easily."  Abhi explains brushing a strand of hair from her face.

"It took us so long to work on  our relationship.    Earlier,  we were  highly insecure, because we were very  unsure about ourselves and each other.    But now,  after  all that we have gone through to  attain this beautiful relationship, it would be foolish, on  either of our part,   to blow it all up.    I agree,   things  will not always be smooth between us.    We are only human beings with different natures.   We may not see eye to eye on the same issue.  But,  a fling or relationship  outside our marriage, that too so soon,  thats not possible.      

A slight worry begins to take over Nikki

"You don't  believe in  Us,  but, I believe in the Power of our Love,"  Abhi continues  with pride.   "Moreover,      now  it  is even more secured with this little one here."    Smiling  fondly,   he pulls   her hand   towards her  stomach.     Nikki blushes.   

However,  there is  a slight fear within her as  her  worry begins to increase.      Abhi is so confident of them not having flings outside their marriage, but then  that is the very reason  she ran away!

"Just for information,  why am I on the grilling seat ?"  Abhi's teasing voice breaks into her thoughts.  "Are you planning to elope?   Something like feeding the sacrificial goat well  enough before the actual sacrifice!"   he  smiles wickedly.

Nikki  playfully punches him on the chest.

She   looks awestruck at her husband,  realizing  she never  ever fell out of love with  him.   Infact  her love for him has deepened even more.

As his hand moves,   gently and seductively  on her back,  Nikki closes her eyes in bliss and rests her head on his chest.

They may have been  in a large  hall full of people, yet,   it  felt,  as if  it was  only  the two  of  them,  swaying  romantically to the music.   

When the music stops,   Nikki opens   her eyes  and finds    four pair of eyes,   closely  observing them from the seating area.  One of them was even filming them with a  videocam.

She nudges  Abhi who looks at her and following her eyes, notices   the  smitten girls   staring   at them.

Looking  at each other,  they smile,  bringing  their heads together till their foreheads touch, much to the delight of their mesmerized  onlookers.

to be continued........
Edited by mich09 - 14 years ago
wow123 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow Mich its awesome.I loved this long length update.

I am mesmerised by reading ur ff today.
👏

I am feeling like still dancing in slow motion as AN.😆
mich09 thumbnail
Thanks Shale,   I am glad you feel like dancing after reading my FF..😃  

Thanks so much for the thundering applause..... I am so touched

hapinezz13 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
So Akash got a well deserved punch......n I never thought it was possible to love Abhimanyu more......I adore that part!!

Also how Nikki is realizing her atoot love for Abhi and starting to talk and come closer to each other is nice!!!
It was a real pleasant part.....n plz never apologize for the length.....the longer the better!!
Ditto100 thumbnail
Hey Mich! 😃

"I don't think we can come this far in life without going  through some crushes  or broken relationships.   I think we are now mature enough to understand this"

I really like how you have presented Abhi. 😍 He is so mature and practical and yet so passionate when it comes to Nikki. I love how Nikki was asking all the questions and Abhi answered them all. Knowing that he believes in the strength of their love - what more could Nikki ask for? 😳

Nicely done. 😃
Edited by Ditto100 - 14 years ago
anotheranfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
awesome... those wise words from abhi - exactly thats what was expected from him.. his mature and well thought behaviour...  now hope that helps niki clear up her doubts too :)