I am not scared of ageing: Aamir Khan

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
I am not scared of ageing: Aamir Khan

Indore: He plays a 22-year-old college student in his latest film 3 Idiots, but superstar Aamir Khan says that he is not scared of ageing, and looks forward to playing an old man on screen.

The 44-year-old actor who has spent more than two decades in the world of showbiz, said that he is not afraid of wrinkles, even though he still feels like a 21-year-old.

Answering a question as to whether he chooses to play only young characters to delay the ageing process, Aamir jokingly replied, "Who says I am ageing? I joined the film industry twenty years back, and after twenty years, I now feel like I am 21. In that period, I have just aged a year."

He then added on a serious note, "I am not afraid of growing old because it is inevitable, and there is no point running from it. I am not averse to playing an old man because I want to do all kinds of roles."

The actor who is winning rave reviews for his turn as Rancho, one of the 'idiots' in the film, an engineering student who thinks out of the box, says that he is not interested in any awards, including the coveted Oscars.

"It is actually the audience who tell us how successful we have been in our work. I don't have an interest in any award. And yes, I am including Oscar in the list," said Aamir.

The actor refused to comment on the row between author Chetan Bhagat and the makers of 3 Idiots over credit for the story.

Bhagat had earlier accused the film makers of "playing" with him, and not giving him adequate credit in the film based on his bestseller Five Point Someone.

Aamir had reacted by calling Bhagat "publicity hungry", saying that he was asking for credit where none was due.

"He is trying to take away the credit from the film's writer Abhijat Joshi, which I am very upset about. It is an attempt on his part to try and take the credit away from the person who has actually worked on the script. It's very unfortunate," Khan had told reporters during a press conference in Kolkata.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Divyaa- thumbnail
Of course he's not cuz he still looks like a 25 year old!
-Aleeza- thumbnail
He didnt look his age at all in 3 Idiots 😊 .
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
He looked really young in 3 idiots!

He pulled off the young look in 3 I. IDK if any other middle aged bollywood actor could have done it. Aamir has a very youthful look and his silly antics on screen make him appear younger. Although if you do look closely during the close ups, he appears older but those moments are few and far between to pay notice to and matter.
Why would he be scared he is aging backwards!
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: adios

😆

-kirulicious- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
He still look young & handsome! Aamir rocks!<3
Ultimate_Shadow thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: adios

completely agree even he is not regarded as 'hot' for girls🤪 he is the jaan of bolly 😊
Sneh-Jiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
He is the one who looks younger out of the three Khans !! Then again we all are getting older day by day !! He is right no one should be scared to get old !!