Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Star Advice: Kareena Kapoor's Shopping Secrets 4 U

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Star Advice: Kareena Kapoor's Shopping Secrets for you

Kareena Kapoor is one of Bollywood most stylish and elegantly-dressed stars. She is versatile; she looks splendid in short dresses, sarees, salwars and casuals. Her shoe collection is to-die-for. She is the face of Globus and has been Manish Malhotra's muse while ace-stylist Aki Narula thinks there is nobody like her.

The sophisticated and stunning head-turner lets us in on her style secrets and shares some shopping tips

1) I am a shoe lady and love shoes in all shapes, sizes and colours. I have a well-organized and segregated shoe collection of 60-70 pairs. If I like a pair, I will buy all the available colours. You can tell a lot about a person from the shoes they wear. So invest in really classy shoes. You should like them the minute you see them. Comfort is also a deciding factor.

2) People should use colour but not match everything. It looks tacky. White, beige and black make you look elegant. Keep accessories minimal.

3) I love shopping in London and Paris and it is an important activity for me; something I focus on. Roberto Cavalli, Stella McCartney, Dolce & Gabbana are among my favourite brands for Western wear. I think for hours before buying something so there are no regrets.

4) I think my sister Karisma is very stylish, elegant and classy. I call her and take her advice on what I should wear. I think it is a good idea to rely on someone for a second opinion. Make sure you have a family member who is first your friend and then family. Karisma is my best buddy when it comes to these things.

5) I love wearing Indian clothes and always wear sarees to international functions or red carpet events because I represent the country. The saree is sexy, elegant and sophisticated. Why should we ape Westerners and wear gowns when we have gorgeous sarees, ghaghras and salwar suits? I think a few Indian outfits, sexy shoes, a little black dress and a great bag are wardrobe must-haves.

Link http://www.starboxoffice.com/newsdetails.aspx?p=Star-Advice-Kareena-Kapoors-Shopping-Secrets-for-you&xfile=2009/December/News_20091216_75