Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I must be a deviant. πŸ˜†

we can go together to get our heads examinedπŸ˜†  I sometimes wonder why my threshold for putting up with non-sense is way higher than many around meπŸ˜† 
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Gauri_3

we can go together to get our heads examinedπŸ˜†  I sometimes wonder why my threshold for putting up with non-sense is way higher than many around meπŸ˜† 

Yes I think you are a deviant too.
I meant "how hard is it GET" πŸ˜†  Apparently, it's not very hard to miss it πŸ˜†
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Now I'm not a psychiatrist so I won't be making any claims on my mental health. However, if you are willing to pay, I will be more than happy to have my head examined with a psychiatrist of your choice to determine if there is something abnormal or deviant in my thought process.

Your posts leave others speechless. People just can't argue with you back because you hypnotize them with your words. If the ability to silence others is a form of deviance, then people may as well start getting attracted to diseases / deformities. πŸ˜†

But I don't like it when you flaunt yourself, albeit in an indirect way. πŸ˜‰

Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 14 years ago
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
although I'm more or less of an atheist, I believe that it's OK to have religious lyrics in songs because it shows secularism(not sure if that's a word) in India.
Originally posted by: debayon

although I'm more or less of an atheist, I believe that it's OK to have religious lyrics in songs because it shows secularism(not sure if that's a word) in India.

Naah.  It does not πŸ˜†  Mostly the religious references are space fillers - they gel with the music and are hummable. 
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

Your posts leave others speechless. People just can't argue with you back because you hypnotize them with your words. If the ability to silence others is a form of deviance, then people may as well start getting attracted to diseases / deformities. πŸ˜†

But I don't like it when you flaunt yourself, albeit in an indirect way. πŸ˜‰

POH ji. Maska polish ke liye SRGMP main thread hain. πŸ˜›
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I don't mind them at all.  It doesn't get any worst than folks named after gods and godesses getting yelled at for something wrong.  One of our friends named their son Shiv.  Now, this Shiv is a real naughty kid.  We usually hear the parents go - Shiv, bahut pityega....nalayak Shiv, idher aa.........if that is acceptable then what's the problem with the lyrics?

The context here is totally different. If you call out to your son who maybe has the name Shiv, you do not mean to refer back to lord Shiva. However, with songs like the one in Bhool Bhulaiya, the reference to Krishna Bhagwan and Lord Rama were deliberate which is pretty clear through the 'chanting' (even though that's not how it goes not that it changes much :S)

When a mother calls out to her sen telling her to come to her it's not the same as calling out to God and challenging him to show up in front of you. There really is no comparison and no reason to get offended at all IMO. I'm sure most Indian kids have some sort of reference to a Hindu God or Goddess and if not then some reference to the Bhagavad Gita.
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Naah.  It does not πŸ˜†  Mostly the religious references are space fillers - they gel with the music and are hummable. 

Yeah, well there's always something hidden in songs and everything for that reason, whether they mean to or not. For example, "The Wizard of Oz" was an allegory for the Great Depression. So, I think they also show secularism(again not sure if that's a word) within India. And yeah, they also sre space filters😳. Take for example the "Bhool Bhulaiya" title song, where it says "Hare Ram, Hare Ram, Hare Krishna...." but in the same movie, the song "Allah Hafiz" proves what I'm saying.
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I don't understand why Allah is used in Bollywood songs don't mix our God into the songs I don't like it one bit