Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nikasha. thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
I didn't mean should girls be forced to wear that stuff -- I mean would you wear it or continue to wear modern clothes?

No Trina, not personally. I kinda... er... said a lot of bad things about you during the Chandni issue. I'm really, really sorry.

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Oh okay, sorry, I misunderstood!  No, I don't think I'd change my dressing style after marriage unless if I married into a traditional family or something like that.
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Yea^^
Some in-laws probably want a traditional bahu
but i would only wear suits for parties and functions...not cause i have to.
The first thing i'd ask my in-laws is "do you mind if i dont wear suits all the time"

& if the in-laws are like that then i'll just tell them that im not used to wearing suits all the time and i dont want to. Deal with it. <---haha in a nice way though xD
Reine thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I am not going to wear traditional clothes after I get married. Even if I get married, my tastes are just the same, so I dont see no reason why I wouldnt wear what I wear now. Its not the in laws who are wearing the clothes, its me, so I dont think I have a problem. But yeah, I will always try and wear traditional clothes when we have to wear them. like for a prayer meet or ceremony. Otherwise, I cant live w/o my tees and jeans! lol
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Jess.

Yea^^
Some in-laws probably want a traditional bahu
but i would only wear suits for parties and functions...not cause i have to.
The first thing i'd ask my in-laws is "do you mind if i dont wear suits all the time"

& if the in-laws are like that then i'll just tell them that im not used to wearing suits all the time and i dont want to. Deal with it. <---haha in a nice way though xD

😆 yeah, i'd have trouble if my in-laws told me to wear a sari everyday b/c i can't even wrap one 😆

i also can't manage wearing salwar kurta everyday b/c i'm used to jeans and t-shirt type of outfits
Nikasha. thumbnail
Traditional clothes aren't much of a problem for me... Somedays I just wear them, just-like-that. They're comfy and fit well. I wouldn't want to wear some heavily embroidered party wear type thing though. No, just some plain cotton suits and stuff will do. I think after marriage I'll just wear some good, comfortable modern clothes. I won't necessarily change my dressing sense as a whole, but might add a mangalsutra and a few bangles to a daily get up... To be modern and traditional at the same time.
.Roshni. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

If my in-laws told me to salwar kameez and sari all the time i think i would go crazy. Luckily they're not very traditional so i don't have to worry about that. I love wearing jeans, dresses, t-shirts etc. no one  can take those away from me😛.I'm not exactly part of a traditonal family {with my dad being hindu and my mom being half muslim ( benagli) and half catholic (italian)} so it would be wierd for me to be all traditional.I actually told my in-laws b4 i got married that I'm sorry but i won't be able to be to wear indian clothes unless there are guests over or i have to go to a party. They didn't mind so that worked out fine👍🏼

xox

Roshni
Jess. thumbnail
I know that im gonna wear my chuda for a while(not the whole set! just a small part of it)...but im still wearing jeans! xD

Theres no need to dress traditionally after marriage...if the guy doesnt change anything, why should we?😎

BTW, when the in-laws approve the girl they should know beforehand that the girl doesnt want to wear traditional outfits ALL THE TIME! I mean i understand temple, parties, and functions but not for daily wear. Depends on the persons habits from before.

Nikasha. thumbnail
Jess -- If I have to wear chuda (Both parts of my family are from UP, but my mom wore chuda) I'd wear them with sarees and salwaars. I think they look better that way; with traditional clothing.
Jess. thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Nikasha-

Jess -- If I have to wear chuda (Both parts of my family are from UP, but my mom wore chuda) I'd wear them with sarees and salwaars. I think they look better that way; with traditional clothing.

They look good with traditional clothing, but my friend got married recently & i met her a few days later. She was wearing a black shirt & skinny jeans + chuda
She looked absolutely gorgeous! I think it looked good :)