Ritesh flaunts six-pack for a song in Housefull

-Divyaa- thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Ritesh flaunts six-pack for a song sequence in Housefull

Salman, Shah Rukh, Aamir, Akshay, Saif and even shy guy Ajay Devgn have all gone bare-chested for their films. Now Riteish Deshmukh has joined the league of these topless gentlemen -- men who've shed shirts to conquer the hearts of the audiences.

Riteish will be seen flaunting his six-pack abs in Sajid Nadiadwala's House Full. This is surprising because he has always had the nice boy-next-door image and now, it will be ruined for good.

How it started
It all started when Housefull director Sajid Khan's sister Farah (who has choreographed the songs of the film) saw Riteish changing. One look at that lean body and she decided to expose it in one of her songs. She immediately told him that she wanted to shoot him shirtless for the next beach song in Italy along with Akshay Kumar, Deepika Padukone, Jiah Khan and Lara Dutta. The cast will be seen coming out of the sea -- the men shirtless and the girls in bikinis. It's a fun, peppy number -- like the '70s number Jaanu Meri Jaan from Shaan."

Riteish confirms, "It was Farah and Sajid who wanted me to go shirtless for this song. I started working out with my trainer Vinod who has taken a lot of effort to help me achieve this body. In stead of bulk, we decided to go for a leaner look.

The look is the kind beach boys or surfers have -- lean, fit and bronzed. It's been tough working out and maintaining a strict diet to get this body but the end result is worth it. Farah didn't know I had a fit body. One day when I was changing for another song she was like wow! She told me to come to Italy and she would treat me like a heroine -- like show off my body!"

Feeling good about it
Riteish adds that though he was initially shy about "exposing", after the first few days, he started feeling more comfortable as people were being supportive. "They made me feel good."
But he doesn't want to be labelled the next sex symbol after SRK, Akki and Hrithik. "I am not too comfortable with that tag. I don't know how to react when people say I have a hot body. It's embarrassing talking about your own body. I give my trainer full credit as he understands my body and motivated me to get a six-pack."

How he did it
Riteish's trainer Vinod Channa has been a professional bodybuilder for the last 14 years and currently represents Maharashtra at the state level. He says, "I wanted Riteish to be muscular and yet not gain weight so I put him on a protein, carbs and fibre diet. He would have eggs, chicken, and whey protein powder for protein, salad-like carrots, lettuce and cucumber for fibre and mashed potatoes and brown bread for carb intake. On rare occasions, he could take rice but no sugar. He worked out for two months and for cardio exercises he would run three times a day, six miles, for 20 minutes at Hyde Park in London. He would feel giddy and weak but still persist. We also worked on his chest triceps, shoulder biceps and abs workout every alternate day for one and half hours. 😆Edited by -Divyaa- - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Divyaa- thumbnail
So this was the pic VO was talking about on twitter LOL I don't know i kind of find it funny 😆
riya thumare sasha ko competition mil gaya LMAO 😆 Edited by -Divyaa- - 14 years ago
RiyaK09 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Sasha ko competition!?🤣

Sorry, I love Ritesh and everything but I laughed looking at the pic.😆

he was referring to shasha in his tweet. he said something about 8 packs. it shows he is plain jealous. these boy friends. even i like riteish but i dont find him better than shahid
-Divyaa- thumbnail
Riteishd: "Hey thank you guys for all your comments on the mid day pic.Its a still from the song from Sajid Khans's Housefull.6pack n not 8pack for me."

LOL looks like someone's jealous !!!Edited by -Divyaa- - 14 years ago
Sneh-Jiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

OH no !!! not another 6 packs to be honest I am fed up of these 6 pack stories and every other topic on this !! So what if they are making their bodies with in few weeks after taking steroids and turn themselves into this !! SRK did in OSO, Shahid did Amir did in Gajhani and now Ritesh !! Do they think they become macho men I donot think so neither they look attractive !!

Edited by Sneh-Jiwan - 14 years ago
kawal_tak thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
haha i like ritesh :) he looks nice :D
RiyaK09 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Divyaa-

Riteishd: "Hey thank you guys for all your comments on the mid day pic.Its a still from the song from Sajid Khans's Housefull.6pack n not 8pack for me."

LOL looks like someone's jealous !!!

😆Aww, chalo 6 packs se kaam chala lo. The last packs take longer to "pop" out, he can work harder next time. Should I post Sasha's pic? So that we can compare...err.. I mean just see the difference?😛

RiyaK09 thumbnail

Too shallow, I just need a reason to post this pic.

*thud*

-Divyaa- thumbnail
What Do u expect me to say? LOL