[BURNING ISSUE] Problems for Dual Earner Families. - Page 3

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago
Its not my problem alone... so I would like to get suggestions from you guyz. I am not attacking any area of thought... just bringing up things to ponder.

Why dont you all suggest solutions....

Optimum point is a hypothetical point. There is nothing actually optimum. If there was, then the economy would not work as it works now ... and scarcity (the mother of economy) would disappear.

Originally posted by: LoneStranger

Saying 'BALANCE' is preety easy. Look at how the west suffered.

Its a known fact...that there is always a 'TRADE OFF'. If you want career, you must sacrifice alot of things that you could give to the growth of your family. And as the career grows, it demands more time....and thus, family looses there....hence...morality is lost among children...and comes forward millions more issues. Its something thats already been tried in the west. And the WEST is slowly trying to move towards single earning families (specially in Europe where the whole social system have collapsed).

Dual working families do not face any issues that good time management skills can't solve.  If one lacks the time management skills, they are going to screw up their household irrespective of whether they are working or not.

As a parent, you may need to sacrifice all the afternoon soaps on TV or kitty parties late afternoon but then those things don't really add any quality to your life anyways. 

Bartz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The sole purpose of humanity is not to produce kids and devote life in bringing them up. The planet is already overloaded. Give it a break. If dual working couples help this cause I am all for it ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
I support dual earner families...infact i dont see the reason for not supporting it?

As far as the question about not being able to spend enough time with your partner/kids or extra marital affairs taking place  and resulting in divorce then work is not the reason behind this..its the person themselves and their lack of commitment, love and honesty in the relationship.   Beside the kids dont need to see their parents 24/7 to feel loved...sometimes relationship works out better if you give them more freedom and space to breathe...so when family time is spent together it is more valued and cherished...it gives the kids the chance to be independent and mature from a young age too which would only benefit them in their long run.

A person does not educate themselves only to be good at house-chores...i want more from life than just cooking and cleaning....but that does not mean that my self achievement is more career orientated than family....but career provides self satisfaction and if my family loves me, they would understand that in order for me to be happy is having both a career and a family...if they fail to understand that, then they fail to understand me and in that case it is better not to start a relationship only to result in failure later. Before commuting to each other, i think its wise to explain their future picture to the person to avoid mis-understanding and having to sacrifice later.

Xoxo

Xoxo
gumsum thumbnail

Dont you think that in the dual-earner family children and jobs vie for top priority in the daily schedule. Try squeezing in time for yourself and the day ends too soon. Think about spending time with your spouse and it's overwhelming. Most of the couples these days are suffering from a lack of time invested in their marriage. It keeps getting pushed off by other needs that appear to be more urgent, especially the priority given to the needs of the children. Yet, in the long run, there is probably nothing more important you can do for your children than to invest in your marriage. Otherwise children are likely to be exposed to excessive conflict and possibly a traumatic divorce.

No matter how much the children remain involved with school work...the need of parents is high. The constant decline of morality and values in Europe is not hidden! Let us not fool ourselves there...

The constant decay of family values ... the mad rush after money ... does it really help us?

Does marriage not consistently suffer?

In an ideal world...we will get everything that we want....But isnt the true picture of the world ALWAYS CONSIST OF A TRADE-OFF? ... You get something, you need to loose the other?

Which one do you think is getting the priority these days? ... Dont you think that we should rethink?

Ok, I will rethink. I'll ask my hubby to take care of the kids (when we decide to have a few) and make sure that the family demands, my need for a personal space, time to myself (excercise, tv etc), giving good values to our kids all are being meet. I will make sure that I earn enough to give my family a good life as long as I get nice home-cooked meal everyday when I come home, a smiling hubby to greet me at door, and content kids ready to give me a loving hug๐Ÿ˜ƒ, what say๐Ÿ˜‰
gumsum thumbnail

Originally posted by: gengarjetty2

thats true, but its easier said, than done

Thats true of almost anything in life kiddo๐Ÿ˜›
gumsum thumbnail

Originally posted by: gengarjetty2

thats why u have a 50% divorce rate in america !

ha. what about the stale marriages in India? Ppl spend their time crying, abusing and doing what not, but don't have the courage to think that they need to give themselves a chance for the better life. I am all for American dreams here than Indian sabotage.

Originally posted by: gumsum

ha. what about the stale marriages in India? Ppl spend their time crying, abusing and doing what not, but don't have the courage to think that they need to give themselves a chance for the better life. I am all for American dreams here than Indian sabotage.

You are absolutely right in many ways. My uncle married here in India, was not satisfied with the stale situation ... went France and got married there (has a son now). Its all fresh =).

I mean ... if you have to be with someone... according to him ... why not foreighn? =)

I am contemplating similar ideas aswell.
gumsum thumbnail

You are absolutely right in many ways. My uncle married here in India, was not satisfied with the stale situation ... went France and got married there (has a son now). Its all fresh =).

I mean ... if you have to be with someone... according to him ... why not foreighn? =)

I am contemplating similar ideas aswell.

I am nobody to comment\mock\praise your uncle's ethics or yours as I don't know what goes behind the scenes, the point I am trying to make it that just because something is Indian thats why its good, and something is western thats why its bad, I won't buy that. I live in west and am surrounded by many westerners who\"whose parents" have stable healthy marriages, what a contradiction between them and your uncle/you.
Sorry upon my use of word "Stale", I should have use "Stinky", marriages where people are just in them because of society pressure, where kids watch their parents fight day n night, dad abusing mom verbally, emotionally and\or physically, where kids are not growing up as emotionally healthy individual but parents think that they are doing the kids a big favor by staying in it. Trust me, kids sense in a sec if there is something wrong between their parents, parents don't even have to fight in front of them.

Btw I respect women who don't work more than women who work. It takes a big heart to sacrifice yourself for folks you love, you work hard 24/7 and its a thankless job unless you are surrounded by equally caring people who understand that you are giving up a part of yourself just for their sake. But at the same time that decision to work or not work should be left upon the individual rather than being enforced. And if someone decides to sacrifice themselves for the family, it should be unconditional, expecting too much out of it could cause problems in future between husband\wife and mom\kids.

I am not used to talking this much nor am I a feminist but it is a touchy topic for me. I think you can't apply right\wrong universally. That decision is best taken by individuals.
gotta go now, your post distracted me from my work. Ah, well๐Ÿ˜ƒ 
P1nk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Maybe the wife can work part time and husband works full time. In reality, it's easier to make money than to maintain close, personal relationships with family and friends.