Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

114268 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Amir Ali

He plays: Sameer in Star Plus daily Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii
Reel-life situation: He breaks up with his fiance Gayatri (Rupali Ganguly), who is  superbusy with her work, and has little time for anything else. He then realises he has fallen for his bosom friend Shruti (Tina Pareikh) and ties the knot with her.
Real-life reaction: If I start loving and caring for my friend, I might go ahead to marry her. But at the same time I'll feel bad for my fiance.
114268 thumbnail

Chetan Hansraj
Chetan Hansraj's dream to work in international projects will remain just that — a dream. Better known as Sasha, of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, the actor was taken for a ride by a lady from UK, who calls herself Milli Wadia.

Wadia offered the long-haired dude a foreign serial and film. But now it comes to light that these were simply Wadia's fabricated proposals. The actor got excited about beginning work abroad and asked for official leave from Balaji Telefilms, to embark upon those projects.

Two international projects

Hansraj was offered the two projects long before his Sasha character became popular on telly.

The offers came when he had started shooting for Kkusum.  He was supposed to leave for UK in January for a 40-day schedule. The actor was also offered a film called Meet Mrs Clooney with Robert Downey Junior.

The big break?

Hansraj rewinds, "Wadia called me and narrated the roles to me over the phone. After that she sent me a contract by mail. It all seemed very straight and legal. I was supposed to do a 13- episode tele-serial called Love Forever.com to be shot in the UK. I thought that it is the big break I have been waiting for."

There was no money involved

Did he pay any money to Milli Wadia? "I did not pay a penny to her. Neither she asked for it." It seemed that the lady derived some sadistic pleasure in giving high hopes to TV actors and blocking their dates"

Wadia gayab

When the shooting didn't take off as scheduled, I was told it's a small delay, "I was told that the projects were postponed, and I would be required in June instead."

At this point, Chetan suspected that all was not well.

He admits, "I got suspicious, and this time, I told them that I would like to see some payment as advance.

When I asked them for money, they said that they would roll in July." End of June, Wadia stopped calling the actor. And when Hansraj tried contacting her, the numbers that she'd given him — landline as well as the mobile — failed to evoke a response.

Bach gaya!

Unlike other actors, who bid adieu to everything they are doing at the sight of a overseas project, Hansraj hadn't asked his character or track to be culminated from his shows. Or else he would have been left with twiddling his thumbs.

Presently Hansraj is working in Kaisa ye Pyar Hai (Josh) and Kkusum (Garv). "I haven't shot for Kkusum since some time now; I don't know what's happening. But my loyalties are with Balaji. I am not looking for work outside," says Hansraj.

[email protected]

The trick was played on Iqbal Khan and Aamir Ali too

Iqbal Khan (Angad of Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai) and Aamir Ali (Sameer of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii) also received calls from Milli Wadia. In fact, Ali had even warned Hansraj that Wadia was a fake.

Later, Hansraj learnt that even Khan had received work proposals from her. Incidentally, Khan and Hansraj were offered the same projects. However, Khan and Ali were not as gullible as Sasha.

Iqbal knew…
Says Khan, "From the day Wadia offered me the role, I suspected that something was fishy. 

She used to call me twice a day. She also talked about signing some Bollywood stars in the projects, which she was offering me.

I have been in the industry for four years. Maine kafi papad bele hain. I could make out that she was talking in thin air. So I stopped taking her calls," he said, adding, "If she was a genuine person and making a big project, she would've had a PR agent at least. Which producer would herself keep calling the actors repeatedly?"

Khan says that he has received an offer to work in a US film, "This party is genuine. As I am required to shoot for KYPH for 20 days, I have told the US guys that I can offer 7-10 days to them. Let's see."

Ali's started getting scared of her
"Wadia called me about 15 times in 30 days," says Ali. "She started off by saying that she had found me very impressive in the Mountain Dew ad. She sent me a rough draft of the script. She said that she wanted to cast me in a film co-starring Matthew Perry and George Clooney.

She even seemed to know a few guys who work behind the scenes in the Indian TV industry," he said adding, "After a while, I started feeling scared of her. Instead of work, she started talking in a very friendly manner. She was rather weird. I think she got a kick by talking to guys from the television fraternity."

114268 thumbnail
New face for Kahaani's Krishna
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   August 11, 2005

IN:
Samir Sharma
Krishna of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii has a brand new face — a case of one Sharma replacing another. From tonight, Samir Sharma will play Krishna in the Star Plus daily, after Sachin Sharma decided to quit the Balaji show, as reported by hitList last week.

Samir also plays Nitin in the Star One weekly, Dil Kya Chahta Hai. "I made my acting debut with Dil Kya Chhata Hai; Kahaani is my second show," says Samir. "I went through the usual process of leaving photographs and auditioning, as I wanted to work with Balaji – now, it's finally happened."

OUT:
Sachin Sharma
Like the simple and loving Nitin of the weekly Dil Kya Chahta Hain, Samir will continue to play the caring son of Kamal (Ali Asgar) in Kahaani. "I have just started shooting for Kahaani. A year ago, I was not into acting at all. Dil Kya Chhata Hai happened, and now Kahaani," says Samir.

Says Sandeep Sikcand, creative director, Kahaani, "We were looking for a new Krishna ever since Sachin left Kahaani. He had his own issues — he wanted a fee hike; even after being given one, he thought he deserved much more. His behaviour was terrible despite the fact that Balaji had given him a break," adds Sikcand.

Meanwhile, the drama in Kahaani will reach a high point soon with the death of Om (Kiran Karmarkar) in the show. "We begin shooting the track in the next couple of days.

Viewers will get to see Parvati (Saaksi Tanwar) in new light after Om's death." As for Sachin, post his exit from Kahaani and K Street Pali Hill, he makes an entry into crime drama with CID — Special Bureau, from August 22.

Who is Samir Sharma?

Delhi-based Sharma arrived in Mumbai 10 months ago to pursue a career in acting. Before that, he worked in an ad agency and an IT company in Bangalore. Made his acting debut with the weekly, Dil Kya Chahta Hai, on Star One. Now, he also models.

114268 thumbnail
Ali Hassan
Claim to fame: Aryan in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii.
Last seen in: Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii.
What's he up to now: Recently brought himself a brand new flat in Malad. He's busy shifting and doing the interiors for his new pad.
Will next be seen in: KGGK. Hoping to return as Aryan

114268 thumbnail
Ask a star: Rupali Ganguly
   By: A hitList Correspondent
   August 15, 2005

Rupali Ganguly
This week's ask a star is Rupali Ganguly who plays the role of Monisha in Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai and Gayatri in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki. Here's Rupali answering your questions …..

Who's the hottest actor according to you on TV?
Reena

Dear Reena, I find Hussain and Ronit Roy quite attractive

I want to know which is your favorite serial and what kind of roles do you want to do?
Amna

Dear Amna, I love doing Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai, it's a great show to be a part of. As for the kind of roles I would like to do and am open to anything that excites me. I don't take up any role unless I am totally convinced about it.

Between Gayatri and Monisha, which roles do you like the most?
Mahvish

Dear Mahvish, I love both of them, but Monisha is very close to my heart. I don't have to try and act like Monisha, cause she's exactly how I am in real life.

What kind of films would you do if offered?
Aarshi Rajpal

Dear Asrshi, I would love to do a film like Kora Kagaaz directed by my dad Anil Ganguly. Also I am very inspired by Nargisji, I would love to do a Mother India if offered.

Which role on TV would you like to do, other than you own
Anjali Singh

Dear Anjali, I think I would like to play Parvati in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii

Of all your roles on TV, which character did you enjoy playing the most?
Joanne Deo

Dear Joanne, I personally have a great time playing Monika in Sarabhai

Who has been your favourite co-star?
Gitanjali Sharma

Dear Gitanjali, I have a blast with my entire Sarabhai team. In fact we are like one big family, and you have to come on the sets to witness the chemistry between us. Working with Satishji and Ratnaji is like attending an acting school. There's so much to learn from them, as they both are great at what they do.

You have had to slap a couple of actors in your scenes, how do you handle it?
Tuna Mushran

Dear Tuna, I am the one who gets slapped all the time. I hardly have a scene where I get to slap some one. The only person I have slapped on a show is Tina Parakh. 

Is it true that you are dating someone and are all set to marry him?
Misha

Dear Misha, I wish it were true. But all these rumors are complete rubbish. I have no time as of now to get married, forget dating. Also I have always been a good sister, a good agony aunt to guys, but when it came to actually dating, they just chicken out. So I am still finding that someone who's interested in me. Currently, I am focusing on work and making the most of the roles given to me.

What is the motto of your life and how were your struggling days
Mousmi

Dear Mousmi, I have gone through times when I had no work. I did screen tests and got rejected. But I never gave up hope and always believed in myself. Never ever give up on your dreams. 

Is it difficult crying in scenes all the time?
Amit

Dear Amit, Once you learn to differentiate between your real personality and the character you play it becomes easy. It's all about switching on and off. In fact there are lot of times in Kahaani when I have to cry and I end up laughing because of something happening in the background. I have to be controlled when it comes to laughing. Also I am an actual crybaby in real life, so tears come easy to me.

114268 thumbnail
Stage set for Om's theatre act
      August 4, 2005

Kiran Karmarkar
Post his exit as Om from Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, Kiran Karmarkar steps on to stage. He will soon be seen in Hindi play Kachche Lamhe, based on a story by writer-director Gulzar in his book, Ravi Paar.

Penned by theatre and film writer Javed Siddiqi (Tumhari Amrita) and directed by Salim Arif (Aap Ki Soniya, Taj Mahal Ka Tender), the play is slated to open at Prithvi Theatre in September.

Man-woman relationship

"Kachche Lamhe dwells on the fact that there is no such thing as a perfect union. It is an extremely contemporary play about today's man-woman relationship. It examines the emotional trauma in this quest for perfection," says producer Lubna Salim, who will also act in it, along with Harsh Chhaya (Astitva – Ek Prem Kahani).

New role

Salim Arif and Lubna Salim
The idea of casting Karmarkar came about when Lubna was reading out the script to a bunch of friends.

"Actress Sucheta Trivedi suggested Kiran's name. We have just finalised him," informs Lubna. "He is extremely enthusiastic and excited. Post his character of Om in Kahaani, viewers will see him in a new role."

Karmarkar has done Marathi theatre earlier in the '90s. His plays include Kimaya Gaar, written by V V Shirawadkar, as well as P L Deshpande's Sundar Mee Honar.

New script

When the story was to be adapted for the stage, Gulzar was requested to script it; he told Siddiqi to pen it and said he would write a fresh theatre script. "Now we are waiting for him to write a play for us," says Lubna.

Siddiqi took over a year to pen Kachche Lamhe, which was completed in June.

"It is an extremely poignant piece of writing. It is about how relationships evolve, how they are rectified and how everyone strives for perfection; when in reality there is no perfection," she adds.

New show

Lubna will also be seen in the new Star Plus daily Baa Bahoo aur Baby, which airs from this weekend after Kaun Banega Crorepati 2.

She plays the role of Lila, the eldest daughter-in-law of the house with Sarita Joshi as her mother-in-law. "With the veteran actress around, our green rooms are converted into workshop rooms on the sets," says Lubna.

Though seen more on stage (Mera Kucch Saaman, Kharaashein) she has earlier featured in serials like Shivaji and Premchand (DD), besides Daman (Sahara).

114268 thumbnail
Kahaani - 1,000 not out 

August 3, 2005
FAMILY REUNION: The Aggarwal parivar as we see them presently
Tonight the Aggarwal family of the Star Plus daily Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii land in Jodhpur to a tumultuous welcome.

It's the 1,000th episode of this Balaji daily. 

But naturally, Parvati bhabhi's parivar is ecstatic. There are those romantic moments between Shruti and Sameer.

Monalika and Vigyat take Vandy, Dadi, Maaji and Shilpa for shopping. Kamal and Gaurav play badminton.

While Parvati and Om have a romantic diner where Om gives Parvati a pendant.

Here are some high moments from the drama all the years down…
ROCKY MARRIAGE: Parvati's favourite devar Kamal with wife Pallavi
MISTAKEN IDENTITY: Om and Ajay try to settle scores
Parvati's sis-in-law Garima with Neer
Sasha and Machan
WHERE LOVE HAS GONE: Parvati's daughter Shruti and her former husband Aryan
FACE OFF: When Parvati went off to Australia, Swati filled in for her
WEDDED BLITZ: Parvati's nephew Krishna with bride Gun
THE EXTENDED FAMILY: The political family of the Gills who came up with
114268 thumbnail
Krishna to quit Balaji shows
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   August 2, 2005

Sachin Sharma plays Krishna in Kahaani and Vansh in K Street
Sachin Sharma who plays Krishna in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii and Dr Vansh in K Street Pali Hill, says he has spoken to the concerned people and the decision is mutual.

It's all about the money, honey

According to a source, "Sachin was unhappy with the money he was getting. He felt that he deserved more."

Sachin confirmed that he was quitting Balaji, but refrained to comment on why he had taken the decision.

"I have spoken to the concerned officials and the decision is sort of mutual. I would not like to get into the details of why I am moving out from both the serials at this point of time. I will speak but only at a later date," he quipped.

The production house and the out-going actor are giving a thought on what to do with the two characters he plays. "Let's see what happens. Either they will replace me or get me killed," says Sachin.

All out

Less than a month ago, Sachin went out from Tumhari Disha (where he played Vedant) on Zee TV as well.

Doing three dailies at that time, Sachin was running from pillar-to-post and unable to devote adequate time to his assignments.

Consequently, some actors from Tumhari Disha had started expressing discontent over the fact that they had to adjust their shoot timings depending on Sachin's availability.

Sachin says that he has no regrets about being out of Tumhari Disha and holding on to Balaji shows at that time.

"Because I am left with nothing today, I don't regret leaving Tumhari Disha. That time, I didn't have any reason to move out from Balaji. The actors of Tumhari Disha were having a problem and Rupali Guha (producer) told me about it. So my decision to remain loyal to Balaji then was pretty justified."
However a source reveals, "Sachin did not opt out of Tumhari Disha but was asked to leave."

Unprofessional behaviour

When contacted, Sandiip Sikcand, creative director of the shows said that Sachin had not informed him directly but the actor's unprofessional behaviour was the only bone of contention.

"Balaji is not a garden where anybody can walk in and out as per his/her fancy. There are certain clauses in everybody's contract, which have to be adhered to. Our legal department is looking into the matter. As for money being the reason, that's crap."

Out from both the shows on Star Plus, Sachin is likely to move on to Sony. "I may soon join CID Special Bureau," he informs.

114268 thumbnail
Kahaani touches the 1000 mark
   By: Kasmin Fernandes
   July 22, 2005

THE HAPPIEST DAY OF HER LIFE — AGAIN: Parvati (Sakshi Tanwar)
The entire Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii clan came together in Jodhpur to shoot the landmark episode

1. Ekta Kapoor was conspicuous by her absence in Jodhpur, where the Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii parivaar came together for the 1000th and 1001st episodes of the long-running show.

Said Balaji creative director Sandeep Sickand, "She was scheduled to accompany the cast, but had to cut her trip short due to other commitments."

HUM DO, HAMARE SAATH GYAARAH: The entire
Agarwal family
Jodhpur is very close to Kapoor's heart, as she has spent many childhood vacations here. "We wanted to do something completely different from the Kyunki bash," said Sickand.

2. Speaking of criticism, Jodhpur journalists did not exactly welcome the close-knit parivaar. "I have never seen a single family battle so many problems," sneered one at the press conference.

ATTENTIVE AUDIENCE? Shruti (Tina Parakh) sleeps while her parents perform the saat phera ceremony. Pic: Kasmin Fernandes
"Yash Chopra completed the Mahabharata in 150 episodes. When will the Agarwal family's story end?" asked another. "Considering Parvati's good wins over evil philosophy, is it not a great ideal to follow?" countered Sakshi Tanwar.

3. Sameer (Amir Ali) will play the lead in two Hindi films this year. Raghu, in which he is paired opposite Isha Koppikar, "is a radical and crazy film."

ALL DRESSED UP, NOWHERE TO GO: The newest member of the Agarwal family, Shilpa (Jayaa Mathhur), watches the shoot. Pic: Kasmin Fernandes
Anjan, opposite newcomer Mehek (who plays the lead in Seher), is being produced by Pankaj Agarwal. Until the release of his films, the actor is committed to his role in Kahaani.

4. Jayaa Mathhur, who will be introduced in the 1000th episode of Kahaani, to be telecast on August 2, has now changed the spelling of her name.

The actress, seen in films like Aamir Khan-starrer Baazi, and serials like Kaun Apna Kaun Paraya, Bandhan and Aati Rahengi Baharein, plays Gautam's wife Shilpa. But she did not hire the services of a numerologist to improve her luck.

Kyunki neend bhi kabhi zaroori hai: Cast members of Kahaani Ghar Ghar
Kii take a break on
the sets of the 1000th episode of the serial.
Pic: Kasmin Fernandes
Instead, she used her own knowledge of astrology to add an extra "a" to her name and "h" to her surname.

"My astrological number is 5. So, the extra letters balance my name equally," she says.

Of course, she consulted star astrologer Sunita Menon before making the final decision.

114268 thumbnail
Om, Parvati... and Trishna?
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   July 8, 2005

Trishna (Mita Vashisht)
Om (Kiran Karmarkar) and Parvati (Sakshi Tanwar)
The Aggarwal family in the Star Plus daily Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii is in for a huge shock next week.

In a blast from the past, a woman called Trishna enters Om Aggarwal's (Kiran Karmarkar) life.

Who is Trishna? What is her relationship with Om? These questions will repeatedly haunt Parvati (Sakshi Tanwar), leaving her perplexed.

Hope floats

Essaying the character of Trishna is Mita Vashisht, who enters the daily from the July 11 episode.

Vashisht, back on the small screen after a long gap, is more known for her portrayals in arthouse Hindi cinema. How will she fit into the Balaji mould?

Says Vashisht, "It is definitely not a conventional Balaji role. They are incorporating new elements into Kahaani along with the character of Trishna." The actress describes her character as having a "vulnerable look" initially, followed by a "hoping look."

Gimme red!

Adds Kahaani's creative director Sandiip Sikcand, "The serial will unfold this mystery character and her relationship with Om. To add to the drama, Trishna always wears red — Om's favourite colour." Is she in Om's past or present?  "That's a mystery for the viewer to figure out," says Sikcand.

Mita Kaun?

Years ago, Mita Vashisht featured in a Balaji show called Kaun on Doordarshan. "It was prior to the Kyunki days," she says. "In that sense, my association with them goes a long way." On the small screen, Vashisht was also seen in the Saturday Suspense thrillers on Zee.

She replaced Smriti Iraani as anchor of SAB TV's Kuch… Diiil Se in 2003, when Smriti was on maternity leave. On the Bollywood front, Vashisht was last seen in Deepak Tijori's film Oops. She also featured in Abhijeet Chaudhary's Bengali film Patalgarh, besides a Malayalam film Bhavam.

Vashisht makes her directorial debut with the documentary Summer Moon, based on the lives of the girls in red light areas. She has also staged a play Neethi Maan Ki Karan with these girls at a remand home.