Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Shah Rukh Khan stars in tale of Mumbai flower girl

Sneh-Jiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago

Shah Rukh Khan stars in tale of Mumbai flower girl

Sat Nov 28, 2009

A new Bollywood film that explores the popularity of Shah Rukh Khan, has the actor's name in its title and features conversations about him is wooing audiences at the annual film festival in Goa.

Khan also has a two-minute cameo in "Shahrukh Bola Khoobsurat Hai Tu", about a flower girl in Mumbai whose life changes after a chance meeting with the actor who tells her that she is beautiful.

"To change ugliness to beauty, that is the power of a star. I have seen Shah Rukh becoming that kind of a star over the years," director Makrand Deshpande told reporters at the 40th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in the tourist haven of Goa.

Khan, 44, is one of India's biggest stars, having acted in Bollywood films for nearly two decades, and has a massive fan following.

"If he hadn't worked so hard to become that, this film wouldn't have been made," Deshpande said.

Deshpande, an actor himself, said he hoped to release the film in cinemas early next year and admitted that Khan's name would help promote "Shahrukh Bola Khoobsurat Hai Tu".

"Yes, my film will definitely benefit from the fact that it has Shah Rukh Khan's name in it, at least till the marketing and publicity stage. After that it will work on its own merit," said Deshpande.

The film had its premiere at the film festival in Goa.

http://in.reuters.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sneh-Jiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This movie looks to be great !! Looking forward to watch it in the cinama soon !!
qazplm thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I love the whole concept...it picturises SRK in such a beautiful way. Just hope that it turns out to be as promising as its mesage😳