~*AkkiKat aka Akshay Kumar & Katrina Kaif Heaven*~ - Page 6

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by divyalrl

"No one is anybody's friend in the industry" - Akshay Kumar
De Dana Dan releases today and Akshay Kumar is happy to talk about a variety of topics revolving around him, his work and his personal life. Whether it is his superstar status, under performance of Blue, friends in the industry, the games people play, the Friday suspense, diplomatic stands, detractors - Akshay talks about all of this and a lot more in a candid conversation with us.     

Buzz up!
Even though Blue and Kambakkht Ishq took a very good opening, there have been questions around your superstar status. Doesn't that bother you?
There will always be questions around my 'Super Star' status. This honour/ label doesn't come with a box of marshmallows and a trophy; this label comes with a few slaps from some rotten fish and a dead mouse in your bed nearly every Friday.

It is said that the barometer of star popularity is if he can get an opening. After that it is up to the film to perform. Can one expect a similar trend for De Dana Dan as well?
Yes, it is my job to bring in the crowds and leave the rest to the magic of the movie. Those who don't like my work can feel free to have an issue with it. That's the way I would learn. I am forever indebted to those who appreciate my effort. And lastly, those who couldn't care whether I dropped off the face of this earth, well, I will keep trying for your praise one day.

Talking about opening, Blue took a very good start when it released this Diwali. In fact it was one of the best ever. However, by your own high standards, it underperformed. Have you tried analyzing the reason?
Oh, I could analyze the movie until the cows come home. No movie is perfect, even the best ones for that matter. I know what could have been better and I know what to work on but as of now, that's between the director and his actor. To my high standards it was Bollywood's best attempt at an underwater adventure and no one can take that away from the film. The rest, I agree, is questionable, but that entirely depends upon whether you are the type to walk into a theatre and rip movies apart for the sake of it. Or whether you just like to enjoy good cinema!     

Meanwhile, you don't seem to be having too many friends in the industry though. It seems like they are waiting for a movie of yours to crash so that they can attack you. Any thoughts?
Let's be cognizant of the fact that no one is anybody's friend in this industry. It's impossible actually, and everyone knows it. People befriend people to get somewhere in life. This is not a dig, it's purely human nature. "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine, now come over for dinner while I charm you and your wife" - this is how every industry works.

You don't seem to be holding back...
I know what I am saying is harsh but then if you ask me a blunt question, I can only give a blunt answer. I wasn't brought up with politician blood in me, I am peas and carrots. Do not get me wrong. No doubt people have immense respect for each other in this industry. It's actually very humbling to witness it. It's just that I hold my dearest friends very high in my life and I don't like the word being thrown around like a ping pong ball.     

How about the attacks on you?
As for attacking me, no one could ever hurt me. Words are words, opinions are opinions and life goes on. Centuries back, we were convinced that the world was flat! It's up to the people who and what do they listen to. You just have to stay calm and remember that your family loves you and that's all we ever need.

OMGGGGG divssss thank u sooo much sweet heart for sharing this interview loved akkis answers sooo much great interview and he is soo much right totally agree with all this he said a really good interview na divs really sad that everyone is after akki so much they not even 60% after others as much as they after akki but that shows how big star he is... akki rockss...
OMGGGGG akki looking soo awesome and amazing at DDD screening :)
thank u for the review prabzuuu  :) Edited by -Crystal- - 14 years ago
OMGG u watching on sunday or monday divs aww hope u get to watch soon me watching it tomorrow yaay!
Originally posted by -Crystal-

aww thank u for the articles divsss :) Imao media have started to link up akkikat again haha i enjoy it lol
tu khush hai naughty girl lols 😆
OMGGGGG divs thank u sooo much sweet heart for sharing the Katrina interview awwwwww sooo cute she is looking lovely loved what she said she is soo adorable awwiee...
Crysiee🤗 wen u watchin ddd hun!
Hii Neeluuuuu my doll watching it tomorrow i am soo dammm excited cant wait anymore :) how are u dear?
All the excitement will pay off hun! Me ok! What u up 2! Edited by -Neelam- - 14 years ago
awwww dear cant wait to watch it and cant wait to dicuss it with u all just camed back from grandparents home where all the family was there we celebrated eid and had loads of fun now i am here with u all what u been upto dear?