~*AkkiKat aka Akshay Kumar & Katrina Kaif Heaven*~ - Page 3

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by jigglypuff726

awww.. thank you for thanking me in the first post Crystal!😳 i haven't been very active on IF recently but i'm glad that the AkkiKat love is growing day by day. these 2 simply have the best onscreen chemistry ever & they are a very lucky jodi too.πŸ˜ƒ with the exception of Humko Deewana Kar Gaye all their other films together have been box office smashes. i can't wait for De Dhana Dan & Singh Is Kinng 2! love AkkiKat to death!

PS: the rain song promo for DDD is just smoking hot. AkkiKat are going to kill me one day with their sizzling chemistry.πŸ˜†

congratulations to all the other AkkiKat fanatics for this third FC! please add me to the members list Crystal, thank you!😳

awwww u sooo much welcome dear u deserve it first it was divs who did it and now i did mention u jaanuu :)

awwww i totally agree with u and soo good u back hope u active here dear

love them soo much too and cant wait for DDD and SIK2 to either dear!

awww hehe i know same here they really gonna do the same to me with their sizzling chemistry the rain song is out of this world

awww gonna add u right now dear :)
Listening to talli Hua Crazyyyyyyyyyyyyy song i love the steps in the song
when they do dum tana dum tan dum tana tahooooooooo saw that step LMAO so sweet akshay's smile is D cutest ever raat ko ithne baje im dancing dum tan adum tana dum tana aaho πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†Edited by divyalrl - 14 years ago
Awww thank u everyone congoo to u all tooo

awww neeluuu thank u jaanuu luv yaa glad u liked it :)
Originally posted by divyalrl

Listening to talli Hua Crazyyyyyyyyyyyyy song i love the steps in the song
when they do dum tana dum tan dum tana tahooooooooo saw that step LMAO so sweet akshay's smile is D cutest ever raat ko ithne baje im dancing dum tan adum tana dum tana aaho πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

OMGGGGGGGGG divsssssss i am in loveeeeeeee with this song sooooo badly i just love it soo much that part of the song is too good it makes me dance all the time love the female and male part lyrics sooo much Kat is looking like a goddess love her dress so much all the once i know want that dress so badly akki lookign to good and akkikats dance in the song is just awesome and so amazing too good...
ha ha you wan the dress i wan to do that step LMAO with u know whom!!!!!!!! ha ha just kidding he he he
Tte--tte with De Dana Dan's lead pair
Katrina Kaif and Akshay Kumar chit chat about their films together and on-screen chemistry. Hiren Kotwani caught up with this superhit screen jodi to understand what makes them click.

Q: Your first film together was Humko Deewana Kar Gaye. What were your thoughts about each other, given that he's an established actor and she's a newcomer, not well-versed with Hindi?
AK: She's a greedy actress, for roles, characters that challenge her, sound scripts. I like that trait in newcomers, whether actors or directors, that burning ambition to make it big.
KK: I was nervous. We didn't really interact much in the beginning. I was a bit, like why does he do some things he does, and then I understood he's sincere about and completely focused on his work.

Q: But it was only after the Namastey London that you two became the hit jodi.
AK: Namastey London was her film. When I read the script, I pointed it out to Vipul (Shah). But I had no issues about it, since it was basically my idea. Not many people know that.
KK: Really? I didn't know that either. Thank you so much.

Q: As a senior actor, weren't you apprehensive about a newcomer doing the movie which revolved around the girl?
AK: It's all about the box-office, getting the script right, clicking with the audience. The story works as a whole, so I wasn't perturbed that Namastey London revolved around Katrina. I don't choose films according to the length of the role, but the strength it has in the storyline. Khakee, for example. I liked the character that Rajkumar Santoshi had written and told him that I wanted to do it. In fact, it was initially written for Paresh Rawal.
KK: When I came in, I was a little scattered.. somewhere I wasn't too sure if I was in the right path. Honestly, Salman (Khan) and Akshay have been strong support in my career. So yes, I do owe a lot to them for the success I've achieved.

Q: In the interim, it was reported that you don't want to do too many films together. Was it to avoid over-exposure as a pair and do limited movies together?
AK: I never said that. The right scripts and roles have to come our way. I've worked with other actresses, so why shouldn't she work with other actors?

Q: Apparently, Akshay thinks of Katrina as his lucky mascot. That's why he wanted her to do a guest appearance in Blue.
AK: I didn't request her to do Blue. It was too small a role.
KK: The producer, Hiren Gandhi, is a good friend. So when he asked, I couldn't say no.

Q: Does Katrina discuss film offers with Akshay? Does he play mentor and give her appropriate career guidance?
KK: Well, depends on whether he's in town. Generally, I do discuss my films with Salman and Akshay.
AK: She's smart and wised up on how to go about her career. And going by her choice of films and how they have fared, she's doing very well.

Q: Akshay is also co-producing De Dana Dan. How much was that influential in getting Katrina on board for the film?
KK: Is he? Then I want more money.
AK: Yes, why not? After the movie makes money, that is. She wanted to do a film with Priyadarshan. He and Santoshi are the two directors one must work with, if one wants to understand commercial cinema. She spoke to Priyan and he decided to cast her in the film.
KK:Thank you. I did want to work with Priyadarshan. Yes, initially it took me some time to settle in the set-up. But soon, it was fun working with him, he's a fantastic director.

Q: Which other co-stars look and work best with either of you?
KK: Apart from me, it's got to be Kareena Kapoor.
AK: She looks good with Salman (Khan), Ranbir (Kapoor).
KK: John Abraham, Abhishek Bachchan... (smiles) Name everyone in the industry...

Q: What about her strengths and weaknesses as an actress?
AK: Her biggest strength is her focus on her work. I've seen some portions of Rajneeti and I must say she's wonderful. For someone who didn't know Hindi to start with, and to do that kind of a role, she's too good. She'll emerge as the surprise package of the film. As for negatives, she's very well aware of that and she's doing a fine job of covering them up. She's very sharp and a fast learner.
congo on the third thread guys!!!! WOOOOOTTTTTTT
Akshay Kumar too close to Katrina Kaif!
Salman Khan might be fuming with jealousy at the moment. Akshay Kumar has romanced his ladylove Katrina Kaif in the rains even before he could think of one. The fact it, Akshay and Katrina are unstoppable in De Dana Dan. They look hotter and sexier with every film they lay their hands on.

Buzz up!
The promotional photos of De Dana Dan have given a clear picture of what you can expect from Akshay and Katrina. They look hotter than ever before and the seductive song sequence where they romance in the rain is surely going to make many feel weak in the knees. The film censors must be blind; Katrina gets wet in a sari.

The actress, who is down with jaundice, recently said that she is excited, as she has managed to match up to Akshay's energy level for the first time. She defended the hot rain sequence saying that it is a typical wet song that every Bollywood actor do at one point of his or her career.

Point taken but she seems to be getting too close to Akshay. Don't know what protective Salman has to say about it!
The Akshay-Katrina juggernaut rolls on
Stars overhead automatically seem to align in their favour whenever Akshay Kumar and Katrina Kaif come together on the silver screen. From Namastey London to Blue, the duo has enthralled and enchanted the movie buffs with their unmatched chemistry.

Now, the Akshay-Katrina juggernaut rolls on further with this Friday's release De Dana Dan.

"In the film my character is crazy about Katrina. But he's poor and she's rich. So he has to find ways to impress her. For this he even commits a crime which goes wrong…the film is a non-stop comedy," Akshay said about the movie.

Incidentally, it was Akshay who got Katrina on board for this film. All Akki had to do was call Katrina and she immediately agreed to be his leading lady even though she doesn't have a very substantial role in this multistarrer featuring Paresh Rawal, Sunil Shetty, Sameera Reddy and Neha Dhupia.

Katrina, who's presently unable to promote the movie because of poor health, previously said: "I can't say no to Akshay...I have immense respect for him."

Akki, on his part, says he appreciates Katrina's gesture and would gratefully tell her "thank you ji" when he meets her.

A lot has been said about the duo's sensuous chemistry in a rain song in the film. But Akki has a different take on it. He says what people see as sexiness is nothing but pain because he had fever while shooting the song and Katrina too had sprained her back.

Doesn't this couple rock?
"No one is anybody's friend in the industry" - Akshay Kumar
De Dana Dan releases today and Akshay Kumar is happy to talk about a variety of topics revolving around him, his work and his personal life. Whether it is his superstar status, under performance of Blue, friends in the industry, the games people play, the Friday suspense, diplomatic stands, detractors - Akshay talks about all of this and a lot more in a candid conversation with us.     

Buzz up!
Even though Blue and Kambakkht Ishq took a very good opening, there have been questions around your superstar status. Doesn't that bother you?
There will always be questions around my 'Super Star' status. This honour/ label doesn't come with a box of marshmallows and a trophy; this label comes with a few slaps from some rotten fish and a dead mouse in your bed nearly every Friday.

It is said that the barometer of star popularity is if he can get an opening. After that it is up to the film to perform. Can one expect a similar trend for De Dana Dan as well?
Yes, it is my job to bring in the crowds and leave the rest to the magic of the movie. Those who don't like my work can feel free to have an issue with it. That's the way I would learn. I am forever indebted to those who appreciate my effort. And lastly, those who couldn't care whether I dropped off the face of this earth, well, I will keep trying for your praise one day.

Talking about opening, Blue took a very good start when it released this Diwali. In fact it was one of the best ever. However, by your own high standards, it underperformed. Have you tried analyzing the reason?
Oh, I could analyze the movie until the cows come home. No movie is perfect, even the best ones for that matter. I know what could have been better and I know what to work on but as of now, that's between the director and his actor. To my high standards it was Bollywood's best attempt at an underwater adventure and no one can take that away from the film. The rest, I agree, is questionable, but that entirely depends upon whether you are the type to walk into a theatre and rip movies apart for the sake of it. Or whether you just like to enjoy good cinema!     

Meanwhile, you don't seem to be having too many friends in the industry though. It seems like they are waiting for a movie of yours to crash so that they can attack you. Any thoughts?
Let's be cognizant of the fact that no one is anybody's friend in this industry. It's impossible actually, and everyone knows it. People befriend people to get somewhere in life. This is not a dig, it's purely human nature. "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine, now come over for dinner while I charm you and your wife" - this is how every industry works.

You don't seem to be holding back...
I know what I am saying is harsh but then if you ask me a blunt question, I can only give a blunt answer. I wasn't brought up with politician blood in me, I am peas and carrots. Do not get me wrong. No doubt people have immense respect for each other in this industry. It's actually very humbling to witness it. It's just that I hold my dearest friends very high in my life and I don't like the word being thrown around like a ping pong ball.     

How about the attacks on you?
As for attacking me, no one could ever hurt me. Words are words, opinions are opinions and life goes on. Centuries back, we were convinced that the world was flat! It's up to the people who and what do they listen to. You just have to stay calm and remember that your family loves you and that's all we ever need.