Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Hey guys anyoe miss me? Just kidding!!!

My two cents:

Not a big deal! She's been asked numerous times the same question and the media definitely want to stir something up, you tell by the way the so-called "journalist" posed the question. She said was offered it some 4 times before and didn't have the time to do it... same question she gave the last time and the time before that and the time before that, etc! I think she's talking after Hum dil and Devdas when she was ranked number 1 and going strong and then she went to Cannes, she got the attention globally and so the company went to her and she didn't have the time, what's s owrong in that.
Secondly, did she or did she not wish Kat all the best? I think her exact words were "Good luck to her", what's the problem with that? I think she was dignified and said what needed to be said. I was surprised she wasn't rude about it b/c she's been asked this like a hundred times before! But I liked how she said she shouldn't be discussing another brand at Longines event!

BTW: ppl calling her plastic and fake, cut it out! Definitely not funny!
swan20 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
she was looking gorgeous in the video...

ok to be fair to her as sweet coco said she did mention that it was probably inappropriate to discuss another brand........having said that i feel there was no need to go into details abt how & how many times it was offered to her......she did come across as being pompous there.....and the comment abt her films being a raging success was just too hilarious.......😆
I couldn't care less about who starts representing Barbie. But its kind of ridiculous to go into such detail. Every single celebrity is asked pointed and uncomfortable questions. She should have just let it go and saying that she has been asked about this too many times is no excuse. Usually she is really polite so I am surprised by this outburst.
brownies thumbnail
I dont understand why any woman of today would want to degrade herself to being Barbie or even wanting to, or even acknowledging the fact that she was offered the opportunity to be some weird plastic fantasy item for men to gawk at. the entire concept of "barbie" is highly sexist and degrading.

Aishwarya and Katrina should BOTH know that being asked to be "Barbie" is not something to be proud of. 
qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: brownies

I dont understand why any woman of today would want to degrade herself to being Barbie or even wanting to, or even acknowledging the fact that she was offered the opportunity to be some weird plastic fantasy item for men to gawk at. the entire concept of "barbie" is highly sexist and degrading.

Aishwarya and Katrina should BOTH know that being asked to be "Barbie" is not something to be proud of. 

I dont understand this fascination with Barbie too  - that doll is so not a good role model for young girls.
I had read about a study done on the Barbie doll a few years ago which said that if a woman had the proportions of a Barbie she would not be able to stand up, she would need to crawl because the chest is too heavy as compared to the tiny waist and the legs too abnormally long.  Unfortunately the little girls grow up with this idea of beauty
DEEENCH thumbnail
good she didnt become barbie!!
i dont like them!!

lalixlili : Shahid Kapoor proposed to me 4 times!
I rejected his offer. Good for me.....

😆

A star shouldn't talk about why he/she rejected an offer but just why he/she accepts endorsements.....
Finding true or false reasons to justify a refusal to a business or personal proposals doesn't dignify anyone....She should have kept those reasons for herself...But the temptation was too high to make Kat appear like the second choice...and to make understand that she's still remain the A-Beauty of anything...

I like Aish but this is just plain stupid.....Never heard SRK or Shahid Kapoor talked about their refusals about everything unless for clearing controversies...
But for the Barbie thing there was not any.

I really think that because of jealousy and desdain around Aish, she felt the need to justify everything.
Just thank God for making you beautiful, being called the most of every female in the world and for the fame for it, cash your endorsements and keep quiet🥱  
Edited by lalixlili - 14 years ago
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
who cares about barbie dolls these days..
i would rather buy something else for my nieces isntead of barbie..

but i would loved to have aish barbie if she had accepted and during the time i was teenager and was collectiong the barbies..
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
LOL, the first thing I thought on reading the title was "Saif." Some people develop a rep. for this sort of stuff.
Showbizz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I dont think she needs to blow her trumpet or anything .  I mean common think of it , she has everything she needs , shes one of the most popular Indian celebrity , why would she feel sore abt something which she herself refused . She is one of the most gorgeous woman in the world and she doenst have to flaunt it with words .