Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
There are three types of people criticizing Obama.

One group of conservatives or Republican affiliates is as CPM says merely getting back at him. It may not seem reasonable or fair. I disagree with them. But it is politics, and thats what it sometimes comes down too. People did go over the top in criticizing George Bush sometimes even when there was nothing to criticize.

The second group is ignorant Americans who are unaware of global culture. They are self absorbed. Pride and assertiveness are desirable qualities in individualistic culture. Bending is a sign of great weakness. So they judge Obama by these standards. They view it as their leader weakly swallowing his pride. They have scant understanding of the importance of humility and respect in Eastern Cultures and why a leader has to be tactful, humble and diplomatic.

The third group is just angry Americans who need a reason to be angry. You find them shopping at Wal-Mart.
gumsum thumbnail
Originally posted by: Summer3

Ah there is nothing wrong in aging gracefully. No one wants to hang around on earth too long.๐Ÿ˜†

You changed it๐Ÿ˜ƒ, sweet!!! I like your new avi, goes with the image.

Ya, there is nothing wrong in aging gracefully and I like Hema malini for that๐Ÿ˜›
gumsum thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

There are three types of people criticizing Obama.

One group of conservatives or Republican affiliates is as CPM says merely getting back at him. It may not seem reasonable or fair. I disagree with them. But it is politics, and thats what it sometimes comes down too. People did go over the top in criticizing George Bush sometimes even when there was nothing to criticize.

The second group is ignorant Americans who are unaware of global culture. They are self absorbed. Pride and assertiveness are desirable qualities in individualistic culture. Bending is a sign of great weakness. So they judge Obama by these standards. They view it as their leader weakly swallowing his pride. They have scant understanding of the importance of humility and respect in Eastern Cultures and why a leader has to be tactful, humble and diplomatic.

The third group is just angry Americans who need a reason to be angry. You find them shopping at Wal-Mart.

Though I don't shop at wal-mart (I actually don't even have one where I live), would like to know what's wrong in shopping there๐Ÿ˜•? If you are not a self absorbed American yourself, why to have such a prejudice against those who shop at walmart. And as far as president's bowing goes nothing wrong with that, its just that I find him a bit dramatic and shallow at times, not that I liked Bush any better. But seriously I want to see this man (Obama) in action not just in pictures then I will change my opinion.
Btw Bill Clinton is my man๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: angie.4u

theres no end t criticism nor is there any escape. Even Sachin tendulkar was criticised for saying he is proud to be a maharatrian but hes 1st an indian & that mumbai is part of india ! Cant C why thackrey Sr found that objectionable.

Because Thackrey Sr is a di*khead just like his nephew.  Can't stand these two goons.
gumsum thumbnail
Originally posted by: Gauri_3

Because Thackrey Sr is a di*khead just like his nephew.  Can't stand these two goons.

same here, they are j**ks๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by: gumsum

[quote=return_to_hades]

Though I don't shop at wal-mart (I actually don't even have one where I live), would like to know what's wrong in shopping there๐Ÿ˜•? If you are not a self absorbed American yourself, why to have such a prejudice against those who shop at walmart. 

Because I am a true Yankee and we reject all things southern. Except for them precious accents. ๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by return_to_hades - 14 years ago
gumsum thumbnail

Though I don't shop at wal-mart (I actually don't even have one where I live), would like to know what's wrong in shopping there๐Ÿ˜•? If you are not a self absorbed American yourself, why to have such a prejudice against those who shop at walmart. 

Because I am a true Yankee and we reject all things southern. Except for them precious accents. ๐Ÿ˜†

aha, now I got what you meant by angry Americans๐Ÿ˜†
Btw I have been a Wal-Mart slave too. Its a piece of work this slice of Americana called Wal-Mart.

That being said the SMART system for supply chain management is the pioneer in its field and unrivaled.
gumsum thumbnail

I actually don't like that place, its very crowded, have been there only once when I was visiting some relatives.

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Hey, I was just at Wal-Mart today. Hmmph. ๐Ÿ˜†