Manju a Sauteli maa..

set_raj thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Manju is surely Sauteli maa of Simi, that's the reason inspite of knowing that Rajiv Bhalla tried to misbehave and blackmail Simi, had gone to jail, a frequent brothel visitorm still wants Simi to marry him, just for the sake of her izzat and scared about what society will say?...toh yeh sauteli maa nahi toh aur kaun hai?..😡For her society is more important thn child's happiness...What kind of a mother is she?..Instead of supporting her daughter and husband yeh Kam akal, kam dimaag, mandh buddhi, moorkh aurat, abhi bhi soch rahi hai ki rishta kyun tod diya?..

What if she was in Simi's place?..instead of Rajendra sethi some one like Rajiv had come into her life?what she wudhv done thn?..actually she deserved Rajiv kind of man....tab iss nikammi sauteli amma ko aate daal ka bhaav malum hota😆...Aurat hi aurat ki dushman....yahan toh maa hi apni ki beti dushman bani hui hai...😡
Edited by set_raj - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i totally agree with you raj bhai. manju's character has come under a lot of fire from the other members in this forum as well. she is definitely not a good mother to simi & sometimes i also feel that manju is not simi's real mother but her stepmother.

so far we've only heard of evil stepmothers in fairytales but this time the tables have turned, it's the mother herself who is commiting such horrid acts towards her daughter.😡 it's so true, for manju her standing in society is more important than her daughter's life. as long as simi gets married to even a beggar on the street manju feels like a burden has been taken off her shoulder. what kind of mother is she? simi is but a mere burden to manju.😭

haila.. manju's character drives me nuts! i really pray to the heavens that such a mother shouldn't exist in real life.
set_raj thumbnail

Originally posted by: jigglypuff726

i totally agree with you raj bhai. manju's character has come under a lot of fire from the other members in this forum as well. she is definitely not a good mother to simi & sometimes i also feel that manju is not simi's real mother but her stepmother.

so far we've only heard of evil stepmothers in fairytales but this time the tables have turned, it's the mother herself who is commiting such horrid acts towards her daughter.😡 it's so true, for manju her standing in society is more important than her daughter's life. as long as simi gets married to even a beggar on the street manju feels like a burden has been taken off her shoulder. what kind of mother is she? simi is but a mere burden to manju.😭

haila.. manju's character drives me nuts! i really pray to the heavens that such a mother shouldn't exist in real life.

Manju is shame and disgrace in the name of woman...she thinks her daughters are burden to her,,but tht dumb woman doesnt realise tht she is also a daughter, sister of someone and wat if her mother had same with her like she wants to do with simi..

Leena the criticism of manju is bound to come cos most of the serials are watched by women..these dumbs creatives are still living in 18th century..they still carry tht kind of a mentality..they come up with such pessimist, negative attitude kind of character..i was so upset watching tht scene when she showed concerned abt society and neighbours thn defending and praising her daughter...she was not happy for Simi..but this old dumb witch was worried abt her izzat and Khandan..

Shame on Manju...you are a curse on a family..😕
ramas thumbnail
Manju is worst than kasai she has tobbed simi;s childhood and now she is robbing ehr happiness. She has made Simi this way. The way she talks I want to hit her. I hate to see her face. She is disgusting . Hoe can a mom curses her child so much. So waht simi is overweight. she is prettier than many slim girls. Probabely she must be making simi nervous evry time a suitable boy came to see her and may be that is why she got rejected and what is this obsession of marrying her,
She is agrown up woman let her live life the way she wants and find her mate.
many girls leave happily being single and are content with their lives.
Smi is not som handicap person that has to be looked after.
Mnaju is sick psychotic mother..
Edited by ramas - 14 years ago
SIKinLoVE thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
today's epi was unbearable.. the whole dinner scene.. 😡 😡 i wish simi's father was there to support her it was just disgusting 🤢 🤢 giving her salad.. then blaming her for everything.. making fun of the way she dresses.. forget moral support.. she rubs salt on wounds.. and she's a mother that lady needs to forget society and think of her daughter.. she's putting simi through so much emotional stress.. its horrible.. i was so happy for simi cuz of the day she got to spend with abhi.. and it sucks that she has to come home to that Edited by Mrs. SIR - 14 years ago
set_raj thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mrs. SIR

today's epi was unbearable.. the whole dinner scene.. 😡 😡 i wish simi's father was there to support her it was just disgusting 🤢 🤢 giving her salad.. then blaming her for everything.. making fun of the way she dresses.. forget moral support.. she rubs salt on wounds.. and she's a mother that lady needs to forget society and think of her daughter.. she's putting simi through so much emotional stress.. its horrible.. i was so happy for simi cuz of the day she got to spend with abhi.. and it sucks that she has to come home to that

I havnt seen the episode yet...will add my views later after watchin...but the way you hv mentioned it is really disgusting tht Manju is more worse thn Rajiv Bhalla's mother.atleast she is bad and it proves from her behaviour and actions...but this old witch Manju is a Kalank..damn she doesnt see Rajiv's mistakes and his flirty character...is she so fed up of her daughters tht she just wants just marry them off with any road side beggars or characterless person?for her daughters seems to be burden..thn she shud realised tht she is also a daughter and woman first... 
Rumii thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
 Manju ji is my topic.....
 How did you'll feel when Manju Ji said Simmi NOT TO KEEP HER MOUTH OPEN(suuuuuuuuuuuuuuch natural acting by Smriti Kalra👏....ufffffffffffffffffff I'm soooooooooooooooooo impressed by smriti N Neil😳)  Everything ManjuJi wants is her children to get Good Spouses,Get married with GOOD reputation... yes..... as MOST OF  other mothers ManjuJi wants nothing but GOOD for her children..........She night be little hard But she lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvves Simmi otherwise she wouldn't have felt So Frustrated😭..! there's a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG Difference btween a Father and a Mother..! A mother is always way more Emotional........... botyh happiness and sadness in her child(ren)'s lives touch her immensely😭......Manju ji is tremendously been afftected by the way the shaadi had been Called Off(anyways it was not a good way at all) So I reeeeeeeeeally cannot blame ManjuJi..
 AND YES..... HER ACTING IS 5 Stars from my side ⭐️
How would you 'Rate' ManjuJi as a mother..????????????
-JC- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I am not here to defend Manju's behavior which i also consider appalling at times. But i wouldn't say that she doesn't love Simi or is her sauteli maa. Real mothers are rude and mean to their children too and it doesn't mean they love them less.

Like today when Simi stepped inside, the way Maju looked at her photographs at Kutub Minar and commented how pretty the pics came out and makes note of the special fact that Simi looks happy in the photograph... only a mother concerned about her daughter in the deepest way will make note of the small things. But the fact is that Manju has three daughters and the society she lives in [and lets be honest... we have seen what the people in their neighborhood are like] makes her feel insecure and anxious about their future.

Some people have insecure personalities... most people actually.... and when someone criticizes them they take it to heart and start believing that about themselves. They see themselves from other poeple's prespective. Their self confidence lacks tremendously. Simi and her mother are an example of it. Manju takes into account what others think of her and her children very seriously. What others think about her children is a standard mark for her and she works to achieve that goal of having everyone approve of her children. Simi is similar in that she may not care what outsiders think but she cares that what outsiders think is also how her mother feels about her. Her family's attitude towards her shapes her own opinion of herself. So she strives to be all they expect her to be. But somewhere within her lies a stubborn woman who refuses to conform to the outsider's perspective of beauty. She remains herself...wearing the clothes she is comfy in, not adding artificial gloss to her face. That stubborn woman knows that she is good as she is and deserves all goodness because she is who she is. It was that part of Simi that made her cry her heart out everytime she was reminded of the fact that she cannot think about getting out the marriage with Rajiv...she was suffocating because no matter how she tried to justify the situation she knew deep inside that she deserved better.

I just hope that Abhi manages to bring out that side of her that is confident in herself.
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

manjuji really makes my blood boil..sumhow every post i leave i have sumthn to say abt her coz her character brings out so much negativity..i agree there MUST be women like her who find their daughters as a burden but to see it every day is so frustrating...instead of being proud of her daughter for standing up for herself she is behaving like this..what kind of a mother is she who would prefer her daughter being married off to a rat like RB than be independant,safe and happy?

pallavi25 thumbnail
Mothers like Manju DO EXIST in real life!
My own mother was like that before we got married!

I am oldest of 3 sisters, we didnt have a brother, so she always felt guilty and desperate to get all 3 of us married ASAP so she could prove to the whole world she had succeeded in some way!

Mothers like that think a daughter can not be secure or respectable until she is married and has the title Mrs ahead of her name.....even if the daughters are highly educated, independant, get fat paychecks, they are still incomplete and embarassing until theyre Mrs. so and so...

I was only 23 when I got married but for one year preceding that, I was bullied and taunted by my mother that I had to slim down to avoid rejections by the grooms ! I wasnt even as overweight as Simi but had curves in the right places. 😆

But she wanted me to diet severely, exercise everyday. She took me to Yoga classes every single day after college and made me walk all the way there and back.
I remember on my 23rd birthday she didnt even get a cake for me but fed me 2 chapatis with vegetables and fruits all day.
And I was ONLY 23!!   

She was frantic that if she couldnt marry me off early enuf, how would she get my younger sisters married? (they were 20 and 18 at that time)
We sisters used to joke that one day she would get up and get me married to the first guy she saw in the morning....that is our sweeper! 😆

My middle sister started working in a Multinational Bank so she had more clout and could say NO to some rishtas, that made my Mom really mad, she thought my sister would never get married and be an old working spinster.

Another example: My grandma! .....MY Nani abused my Mausi who was very overweight.... becuz she was getting rejected by all prospective grooms.
My Mausi was a big woman, she still is, she spent her childhood in Nigeria and had a spurt of growth there... as a result she was a tall, heavy woman in her 20s, like an Amazon. Its hard to get desi men that size....
Anyways, my Naani used to starve my Maasi, put her on a diet, sent her to Yoga classes.
Naani and her favorite maid servant used to taunt my Maasi and make fun of her!

The verbal abuse and taunting got so bad that one day, my Mausi almost got run over by a local train. She was crossing the rail tracks and lost in her thoughts, upset abt what was happening. A passerby pulled her back in the nick of time otherwise....

The funny thing is all 3 of us sisters did get married quite early...at 23,24 and 24 respectively. But after the weddings my mother used to complain that we didnt visit her often or take her anywhere.   First she wanted to get us married and packed off to sasurals......then she wanted us to be at her beck and call, even when we have other fish to fry in our sasurals....    

Indian Moms are the WORST breed! They shd take lessons from American Moms here who devote their lives for their children, support them thru divorces, hardships....babysit for them, give up their jobs to look after their daughter's kids....theyre amazing! What real mothers shd be like!   
I look at them and wish I had a mother like that! 😭

pallaviEdited by pallavi25 - 14 years ago