Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kheerni thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Sarah, wonderful post as usual!  And as usual, I'm here late and haven't read any of the replies to your post.  But here are my thoughts on the subject.

There are definitely contrasts between the brothers.

Prithvi the rational
Sameer the emotional
Prithvi knows his limits
Sameer knows no limits
Prithvi is limited by his conscience
Sameer shreds conscience to bits and pieces
Prithvi was instantly clear about next steps and that no plan of theirs should hurt the innocent girl and baby involved
Sameer needed time to think
Prithvi knows that the mother's actions are separate from the daughters'
Sameer gets confused about this distinction
Prithvi values vows and promises
Sameer will use whatever words necessary to get his way, and if they are vows then be it.

But something they do have in common is

Both have a heart.
Both let their hearts cloud their minds.
Prithvi wears his heart on his sleeve
Sameer well, his heart is a little misplaced but its around somewhere.

What it comes down to is INTENT.

I think Sam's intent in sleeping with Avni was to get her more emotionally involved in the marriage, so as to cause the most hurt. For a woman sex is about emotion. Especially a woman like Avni. Getting her pregnant was not the intention. That said, he was still wrong. The other thing is, his intent was to get her fully involved - physically and emotionally, but in the process he himself got emotionally involved. And then followed the remorse.

But all that doesn't justify his actions. His intent was wrong, regardless of what happened in and after the execution.

But what is Prithvi's intent? He agreed to marry Damini before he found out about the will and the money. So that wasn't part of his plan. Why did he agree? Was his intent to marry her and leave her? No, it can't be 'cos he says vows are not mere words to him. This leads me to think that he agreed to marry Damini because he knows that he wouldn't by lying when he takes the vows to care for her, love her, be there for her. He agreed to the marriage because he intends on doing just that. But in the process there's the added advantage of getting in a place that allows him to hurt Ila. What he's having trouble with is how to hurt his enemy without hurting his wife (to be). So, going with this train of thought, Pritvhi would have intended this marriage to be real in every sense of the word, including consummating it. But maybe Sameer's taunt brought home the point that there ain't much difference in the two marriages except the intent with which each has been undertaken.

But then intent makes a big difference, even if the end result is the same. So in short, Prithvi is the right one here. (And this opinion has nothing to do with my bias).

NIDIZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Not scene the episode yet.
morningdew thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Let me be the last one yet again Sarah.. but this was brilliant, and calls for a round of applause !! 👏

Have things to say, but would do so later.. and I agree with every single comment and argument of yours!!
soapbubble thumbnail
Sarah,
Apologies for cross posting - since I had gathered my thoughts to respond to Shwetha, and this is the other side of the same question, I'm posting this here as well. Shwetha's question was: how would you convince Damini that Prithvi's behaviour was different from Sameer's?

According to me, it is very difficult to sit down and convince someone of the nuances that go on within a person's mind. Why they are inherently more ethical than someone else... in htis case, the god is definitely in the details.

Sameer seduced Avni; Prithvi is about to marry Damini
Sameer lied about his name; Prithvi hid his purpose
Sameer came to destroy the Gujrals; Prithvi came to destroy the Gujrals

It is so difficult, almost impossible, to defend Prithvi or QUALITATIVELY convey to Damini how honorable Prithvi has been because she has NOT seen Sameer in action.
She has not seen Sameer emotionally manipulate her sister
She has not seen him crowd her physically, cloud her senses till she doesn't know whether she's coming or going
She doesn't know that he pretended to be so grief stricken over her; doesn't know that he walked away from her time and again; doesn't know that he always withheld friendship as long as Avni withheld love
She has not seen the pressure, the immense pressure Sameer exerted on Avni to have her sleep with him; she has not heard the arguments he used; the cheap machinations he used; she has not seen the flat he ostensibly bought for her
She has not seen her sister being played by a master manipulator
She has not observed how relentlessly Sameer chased Avni, how much of a sexual challenge he thought her

Prithvi has never touched Damini, except when he was protecting her; and certainly NEVER without her tacit permission
He has never pressured her to marry him; on the contrary at the slightest hint, he has assured her that he would not
Prithvi has never pretended to feel anything more than he does - and whatever he does, even if his love for her has conflicted him, he has never denied it - not to himself and not to her
Prithvi has protected Damini from the world, from Inder, from everyone else and he has ALSO protected her from himself.
He is marrying her (even if it sounds odd in the midst of the revenge drama) in good faith.

But there is no way of telling Damini all this - until she has the brothers to contrast, she cannot know... so here is hoping that Damini's heart knows.
Knows how pure HIS heart is
Knows he means every loving word he has said to her
Knows what she means to him
Knows what his father meant to him
Knows what a horrible sitution he finds himself in
Knows how difficult it is for him
Knows he loves her

BTW I really hated how Sameer turned the argument around and accused Prithvi - the man really has no moral fibre at all! I can't htink why he's one of the three heroes.

Bubble
current thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
@Kheerni.....Awesomeness man...

@ Soap suds...so agree with no moral fibre..Sam has sold his soul to the devil...

@ Krups...Hahahaha
Sonikins thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
i  agree i m on pri side
Who-I-Used-2-Be thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@Momi..Beautifully said..⭐️ Loved it..Thanks a lot for replying..

And thanks for liking the post, pal..

@ Krupz, hahahhaha ..yeah..Why did Varun have to stop Prithvi..Why oh why!!

Prithvi was all definitions of hot indeed..😍😆
😆
Hhahahhah @ Daddy getting scared of the lion king..No doubt

Krupz..I am cracking up imagining your scenario where you have grounded Kingie..🤣

And Nooooooo..Let Kingie be Kingie, please..I hate Jacob Black..

Varun's expression and Daddy's vengeful lines? One word..Meh!

I think you have a point, Krupz..Inder does seem to have lost some weight..

GK and KT both rocked..⭐️

LOVEDDDDDDDDDDD Prithvi for being with Avni

Krupz..That was an awesomeeeeeeeeee reply..Abso-freaking-lutely LOVED it..Thanks for replying, babe..

Your reply had me in splits..😆

Originally posted by: krupur1103

the sun has set for revenge bhoot now...it has indeed! and a new Dawn arrives for the 3 brothers...the Dawn of LOVE!! the Dawn of Repentence...the dawn of Acceptance...the dawn of  pain ....yet this pain will not last forever...because it will be  over-shadowed by the LIMITLESS 😉 happiness for their beloveds...their new life,...their new family..their next generation!
Yeah guys...a new Sun will rise....for Prida...for Savni...for Varni...!!!!😳

Beautifully said, baby..Beautifully!! 👏⭐️

And thanks for agreeing and those wonderful words..Thanks a million..🤗
Who-I-Used-2-Be thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@ Muniza..Thanks for agreeing, hun..

Word to everyhting you say..

I don't exactly know what will happen..Maybe Inder will try to strike a deal with the brothers..

Or maybe he'll tell Damini but she won't believe him..And afterwards, he'll provide proof, which will turn her world upside down..At this point, we can just guess..

And thanks a lot for replying.

@Pooja..I absolutely LOVED your reply..Very, very well put..Beautiful!!

Thanks a lot for replying, pal..

@4rosegirl1..Eh eh..It's OK..And yeah, Sameer should be a man and accept his wife and baby..

@Manny
..Word to what you say..Thanks for replying..

Arya311 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
OMG! sarah...you actually liked my silly reply....i thought it was the worst of all my replies...actually i was too tired yesterday with a long chilly day at school and hw...and so I just wrote everything out of the blue!

Oh sarah......tell me that the wedding will still happen...i want prida to get married!
that stupid weight loss inderetta can not ..heck should not stop the grand wedding! i want prithvi to be repenting...big time during that wedding!
and now we know that all those wedding rituals and pheras mean a whole lot to prithvi....so he is really marrying damini for those reasons...atleast that's what i want to believe!

I know that damini will not believe any of the words coming out from that mr.lonely ugly IT....but the words will sow a seed of doubt in her mind and i think she might try to figure out the truth herself!

will avni tell her the baby news??? will she or will she not???
sarah..i have this one big dilemma.......why is it that mommy and daddy go at such a negative speed of light...i mean so slow mo!??!!! why??!!!!! both take so very long to convey their message of 3 lines.!! gosh!

I hope that we also get to know that ela is innocent...if not this week...then atleast before the wedding!
i have this feeling that Inderetta might be involved ...but then again...no one can predict anthing 100% for this show, right?

alrighty.......i got to go to school...yipeee...yeah right!😆😆😆
taherav thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Who-I-Used-2-Be

Copy-pasting my reply from Shwet's post here..😳 Because I believe Prithvi deserves his own post i.e. a post in his defense today..Prithvi Saxena is not an angel, and he may be confused as anything..But he has a heart of gold, and I felt particularly fond of him while watching today's episode..😆

Sameer thinks he is not different from Prithvi? That they're the same? I don't agree at all, here's the reason why..

There is still a  lot of difference between Sameer imposing as Jai Chawla and Prithvi lying but still remaining Prithvi Saxena.

How?

Damini Gujral didn't know any Prithvi Saxena prior to him entering the Gujral Mansion..Yes, Prithvi entered the Mansion for his father, to collect evidence to prove his innocence..But still, before the death of his father, had Damini come to know about his reality then, I don't think she would have been devastated then..Because it wasn't like Prithvi had a relation to her then or was any important in her life..

Whereas Sameer assumed the identity of Jai Chwala, Avni's childhood friend, his very existence was a lie, in contrast to Prithvi's situation..Had Avni known it about it then, it would have still hurt her to know Sameer's reality, IMHO..

Sameer married Avni, in fact he almost emotionally blackmailed her into marrying him..I know the crime almost remains the same in the end, when Prithvi ultimately marries Damini..But it was Ela Gujral herself who proposed the idea of PriDa marriage..Prithvi didn't even plan for a wedding if we believe his expressions and surprise when the question popped up..So, yes, it might be the same thing but the causes are entirely different. It was a part of Sameer's plan to marry Avni in order to hurt Ela, to go all the way. It was never a part of Prithvi's plan to marry Damini. Yes, when the opportunity presented itself, he grabbed it with both hands, but it wasn't a plan devised by him..So, it is different..

What we do know is that Sameer went all the way with Avni..So far, I haven't seen Prithvi having any such intentions. I won't say he will do the same to Damini just yet..I just can't imagine him doing that..I would assume he won't do it..And if he doesn't want to do it, then I suppose we'll have to hear his reasons to believe them...We can't say anything about something we have no idea of..

I don't think Prithvi and Sameer are in the exact positions..There was not a single indication of any kind of feelings triggering what Sameer did to Avni..Maybe he cared about her even then to some extent, but he went all the way for revenge only..And it was evident from today's vengeful dialogues of Sameer when Prithvi questioned him about his deed..

Is Prithvi going for this marriage out of love or revenge? I don't know..But he is far from being the same as Sameer, unless he does something to prove otherwise..And what did he say today? Those vows mean something to him..So, can we say that Prithvi's reason for marrying Damini is his revenge only? I think not..

Prithvi was being paid to save Damini, yes..But I don't think every paid bodyguard would actually risk their life to save the people they're working for..Had it been that way, and had everyone been so true to their duties, the world would be a more peaceful place right now..😊We can assume things, and that's just an assumption that Sameer would have saved Avni in this kind of situation, but we don't know that for sure..We can't know that unless Sameer does save Avni someday..
u know its good you mentioned this point because from what i've seen lately i doubt sameer would have 4 avni done what prithvi has done 4 damini..i mean prithvi has 'honestly' saved damini many times without worrying about getting seriously injured when he felt she was in real danger; sameer has kind of saved avni oncein the nightclub but even then his efforts luked insincere..atleast to me..

and now when avni needs sameer the most at a time like this..a time when she is counting him to be on her side and be her saving grace he is cold shouldering her...i mean how low can he get..and then he keeps on saying to himself i didn't mean it to get this far...well sameer if u didn't then u shud have had better control of your emotions and urges...take some lessons frm ur youngest brother varun only...he likes roshni but atleast he has his head and heart in the rite places..
sorry to go this long..just had to vent out some of the stuff..

And no matter what, Damini Gujral does owe her life to Prirhvi Saxena at the moment..Why? How? How many times? He has saved her. He is out to destroy her mom, yes, but shouldn't he have let her die if he were that serious about his revenge, were that hardhearted? Avni doesn't owe her life to Sameer..Damini owes it to Prithvi..Sounds dramatic, I know..But its a show and it is dramatic..

In sum,

Sameer Saxena entered Avni Gujral's life as a lie, occupying the place of someone else..He took Jai Chawla away from her life, a childhood friend..I agree that Jai Chawla was a joke, and an undesirable man, but I don't think that guy would have harmed Avni in any case..He was harmless..And Sameer assumed his identity to enter the Mansion..

Prithvi took away Inder from Damini. Yes, he was doing it as a part of his revenge, but he did her a huge favor there, a favor she is thankful for, a favor which saved her from a man of low morals, who was just going to marry her for her money, and  a favor which saved her from a bad/fake marriage..

Prithvi Saxena was a farce too..But he came to Damini Gujral as himself..Had their father never died, Sameer and Prithvi both would have left the Gujrals maybe..And in that case, nothing would have hurt Damini..

Prithvi Saxena still earns his bread and is not dependent on the Gujrals..
Sameer Saxena's fake identity ensured he is dependent on the Gujrals financially..It doesn't matter that much, but its still a point separating them..

Today, I saw Prithvi concerned about Avni, he said he wouldn't let any injustice happen to her..Sameer showed some vulnerability and humanity in the hospital but later, outside, it seemed he is a stranger to Avni Gujral and has no idea about his feelings..He seemed immune to her suffering..

Prithvi Saxnea seemed concerned about his unborn nephew/niece..Sameer Saxena seemed he couldn't care less about his own would-be child..

Yes, Damini will be devastated and hurt to know his reality..And Im not saying Prithvi has not done a single mistake..He has been wrong, and when the day for justice comes, I'll be on Damini's side..But the difference remains..Has Prithvi ever destroyed Damini or anything related to her beyond repair? No..We all know what Sameer has taken from Avni..

Prithvi, by no definition of the word, is black..He is still a shade of grey..Yes, he has turned the life of Gujrals upside down..And it'll take a lot of time to make things right, but the day he realizes his mistakes, there's a chance he can pay for them all..He can make this right..

Everybody has a chance, so does Sameer Saxena..But I would repeat, Sameer crossed the line between black and gray, Sameer went against humanity with what he did, and his redemption will be a lot more difficult than Prithvi..One more thing which proves they're not the same..

Prithvi is having his doubts now, before doing any ultimate damage..

Sameer is having guilt pangs after damaging something beyond repair..And he keeps going back to that 'black' mode, like he did in the end of today's episode..And Prithvi? In the end today, when he was so concerned about the Gujrals sisters and the child, Prithvi didnt even look grey, he looked almost off white to me..😆 (sowie for the flippancy)

There's a whole lot of difference between Prithvi and Sameer, there's a whole lot of difference between grey and black..Damini will be hurt, she'll be mad, she'll be blinded by rage and lose her senses for some time..But the day she sees reason, the day the initial shock wears off, she'll see the difference..

Sowie for the redundancy, folks..😳

NOTE: Felt like adding this as an afterthought. I am not at all trying to exonerate Prithvi from all the charges here. He is definitely guilty of embarking on a vengeful spree, he is definitely guilty of trying to destroy the Gujrals and to enter Damini's life like this, and I agree that he is at fault here.. I am all for him paying for his mistakes, I can already feel Damini's pain and anger, which she'll go through on hearing about his truth..The intent of this post was only to make my POV clear on the differences between Prithvi and Sameer, and to express my opinion on how I believe Prithvi hasn't gone as far as Sameer with his plans, he hasn't turned as dark, and that there is a whole world of differences between Prithvi and Sameer..