Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: Believe

All the religions have been trying to prove that their stories are facts. And in trying to prove that these are facts they have simply proved that they are fools. These are not facts, these are symbolic truths. Whatsoever we see around you is a fact...I believe a myth is a bridge between lie and truth....its a type of fiction...or relfection of something in lie it...😊peoples always are follower of someone or against someone...bt people should recheck all these belief right or wrong !

Religion/Scriptures can neither be prooved or disproved. Just as those who try to proove are fools, those who try to disprove are also fools, because both parties will never come to a conclusion. Instead, believe in them if you have faith that they are true. If you do not have faith, fine, but do not call those who believe in them fools, because if those scriptures teach them to act morally and live an ethical life, how can they be fools?😊

Scriptures may be fiction or nonfiction for different people. The important thing is to learn the morals from them.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: Summer3

Well  Ravana is like Osama doing a lot of wrong things. So if Osama goes on bombing and killing others then even his own people  or family member should stop him. According to some people, they should not because family members should support each other even if one of them is doing wrong.πŸ˜‰
BTW when USA does something wrong I will openly criticize USA too. AgreeπŸ‘

So Vib is a sensible guy who gave good advise to Ravana. Ravana could not listen to his brother as he was blinded by evil qualities too. It is better not to associate with such a family.
There is a lesson in this little story. Agree 100%!πŸ‘

Originally posted by: crazy_sunny

are we to now have a debate if Ramayan is bases on facts or fiction?

If you want....but that wasn't the main question. Anyhow, how can we debate that? Valmiki was a contemporary of Ramji, and he wrote down the events of Ramayan by the Divya Dhristi Brahmaji gave him. If people believe Ramayan was a fiction, they'll have a hard time prooving that. Likewise, if people believe Ramayan is history (like me), they too will have a hard time prooving that. Better to debate on the actual story.😊

Originally posted by: Eventide

Loke RTH said, there is no clear black and white for this answer. Agree.

From the family point of view, he was a traitor. I recall seeing a scene on Star Ustav a while back where Kumbhakaran confronts Vibhishan. He was ready to let his brothers and family die. Kumbhkaran also condemned Ravan's actions and openly criticized him, but by then, he had already vowed to fight on Ravan's side before he knew that Ravan's enemy was Ramji. So his Dharm was to fight on Ravan's side since he had already made a royal vow. 

Kumbhkaran himself told Vibhishan that what he had done was the right thing, and he gave him his blessings. Kumbhkaran was also Vibhishan's elder brother, so by receiving the blessings of one of his elder brothers, Vibhishan was reassured that what he had done was right. 
But from another point of view, he was supporting the truth, and the right way.

RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: Believe

I think EKta can make better Ramayan....πŸ˜‰

Oh God! 🀣
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

The significance of the Ramayan story is about the story of the individual soul.
Whether it really happend is arguable. Anyway it is not significant to me.
I read that people in those days were also very much taller than now. But there is not much proof.
Apparently Saint Ramanuja was the reincarnation of Lakshamana.

Ravana and the ten heads indicates the ten senses.
Rama the individual soul loses his way when it loses  Brahma jnana or Divine knowledge represented by Sita.

Actually Hanuman could have defeated Ravana anytime, but since the story was planned this way guess nothing much could be done.

Very well put!πŸ‘
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

Religion/Scriptures can neither be prooved or disproved. Just as those who try to proove are fools, those who try to disprove are also fools, because both parties will never come to a conclusion. Instead, believe in them if you have faith that they are true. If you do not have faith, fine, but do not call those who believe in them fools, because if those scriptures teach them to act morally and live an ethical life, how can they be fools?😊---Sybolic truth we cant prove my dear friend....This is not history. These statues don't depict the real persons, no, not at all. They are not pictorial representations. Then what are they? They represent something of the inner...thats why i said if someone try to prove they become fool...😊

Scriptures may be fiction or nonfiction for different people. The important thing is to learn the morals from them.   -- ok I agree with this...😊but people easly learn Imoral firstπŸ˜‰

Roadrunnerz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

Or if you simply "heard" this from somewhere.

[/QUOTE] as i had already mentioned in my post i simply "heard " it on the news channel -India Tv-a few days back .They didnt find the body but were talking about the claims of that tribe. BTW has ravanas cremation details been mentioned in the scriptures. Anyone here who knows, plz share😊
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Janaki,
I think most of us are aware that names have vibrations and both Om and Rama have the Divine vibration of 7. So Rama may be repeated as it also has the power to remove our ignorance ( same as Om). Ah understanding the qualities and the nature of Rama will melt the hardest heart it is said.

One of Ravana's followers advised Ravana to take the form of Rama and wins Sita's love. Ravana mentioned that all evil thoughts will go away once he takes on Rama's form, so it was not a good idea.πŸ˜†

Both Rama and Sita were  Divine incarnations who were fully aware of the role they had to play to teach mankind the proper path and moral codes. I find most Rama bhajans have a sad and sentimental tune.
Roadrunnerz thumbnail
The moral codes taught must have been relevant to those yugs I wonder what codes wud b most relevant to present kaliyug . The fact that many gr8 ppl like bhishma, dronacharya sided with kauravas must be in keeping with the culture in those times. What wud happen now when there hardly appears to be any ethics or moral?
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: crazy_sunny

The moral codes taught must have been relevant to those yugs I wonder what codes wud b most relevant to present kaliyug . The fact that many gr8 ppl like bhishma, dronacharya sided with kauravas must be in keeping with the culture in those times. What wud happen now when there hardly appears to be any ethics or moral?

Frankly right and wrong has not changed very much. Culture and habits may change.
these days we have more religions too.πŸ˜†
I read that the mantras they used during the wars in those times were very powerful. Since then all this knowledge has been lost.
Recaling the ancient stories I feel like I am transported to those times and I see the face of Ramachandra.
You would be happy as there were several ghosts and spirits then.πŸ˜†
Roadrunnerz thumbnail

You would be happy as there were several ghosts and spirits then.πŸ˜†

I must have traveld to wrong time zone then. Thats what happens when 1 is not very punctual. *sigh*