Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Relda thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

The way some posts are written in this topic makes it seem as if BigB is the first celeb to commit the cardinal sin. If you are going to discount actors, singers, sportsmen, politicians or any man in a powerful or public position on the basis of his transgressions from marriage, there will not be a single person left to support or admire? Bill Clinton commits sodomy in the Oval Office while on a phonecall with another world leader. Kobe Bryant rapes a hotel employee and still goes scot-free. Amir Khan leaves his twenty year old marriage to romp around with another female. Dharmendra, Raj babbar, Javed Akhtar proudly flaunts two wives. Where does one stop? Is it naivete or expression of personal dislike of AB to single him out when almost everyone else in this industry and beyond are tarred with the same brush?

bollywoodbabe1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Relda

The way some posts are written in this topic makes it seem as if BigB is the first celeb to commit the cardinal sin. If you are going to discount actors, singers, sportsmen, politicians or any man in a powerful or public position on the basis of his transgressions from marriage, there will not be a single person left to support or admire? Bill Clinton commits sodomy in the Oval Office while on a phonecall with another world leader. Kobe Bryant rapes a hotel employee and still goes scot-free. Amir Khan leaves his twenty year old marriage to romp around with another female. Dharmendra, Raj babbar, Javed Akhtar proudly flaunts two wives. Where does one stop? Is it naivete or expression of personal dislike of AB to single him out when almost everyone else in this industry and beyond are tarred with the same brush?

Totally agree with you!
Originally posted by: Relda

Just because some of us are pointing at AB, it doesn't mean we condone everything that anyone else does. This topic is about AB so we're discussing him. What Aamir, Akshay, etc. did is wrong too. No one is saying it isn't.
Originally posted by: nanshr

<br><br>Just because some of us are pointing at AB, it doesn't mean we condone everything that anyone else does. This topic is about AB so we're discussing him. What Aamir, Akshay, etc. did is wrong too. No one is saying it isn't. <br>

Exactly. This is a thread on Bacchan Sr. so his affairs are being discussed. If you want to discuss someone else's affiars, make threads on them. I'll be sure to come and "trash" those stars there too.

P:S: Many people have "bashed" Akshay for his philandering ways in the past on threads made for him. I'd like to believe that most people on here don't have double standards and that same rules apply to all stars. I personally like Akshay's humble behavior off screen and Amir's movies, same goes for Bachan Sr's command over languages and his flicks from the 70s. But that in no way means I condone infidelity or respect actors who do so.
Javed Akhtar does not flaunt two wives. He and Honey Irani got divorced many years ago. But that is besides the point.

In threads dedicated to Rishi Kapoor, Jackie Shroff, Akshay Kumar and a whole lot of other celebs, they have been "trashed" too. This thread is specifically about Amitabh Bachchan. That is why he is being discussed here.

If you go to the Akshay/Shilpa thread active right now you will see that he was criticised quite a lot for his philandering.
Relda thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Some guys do get more flak and brickbats than others for the same transgressions. Infidelity in any relationship is deplorable. Maybe I'm missing the acute finger-on-the-pulse awareness of Bollywood reports but I don't really remember seeing Saif or Amir being criticized with the same venom and punch for leaving their wives and children for another nubile female than someone with an "alleged" extra-marital affair. It's almost as if you get a pass if your affair becomes public knowledge.. then the public curiosity gets sated and finds no joy in talking about it.

bollywoodbabe1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Some people here seem to be enjoying attacking AB's character  rather than actually discussing what this topic is about. Yes, infidelity is wrong however  no one has any proof that these rumours are true, nor does anyone know the true relationship between AB and these heroines, it's seems more like this is a topic made to specifically bash AB. As for the other actors who have had numerous affairs and flaunt them openly- none of them seem to come under as much flak as AB is getting for these so called affairs of his. Perhaps it just goes to show exactly how big a superstar AB is if people can pay so much of attention to these so called happenings in his life!
sheenu32 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
i believe that there is nothing wrong with this topic as long its not thought that AB was the first and only one to commit hypocrisy and affcourse as far as the rumours go there WAS something very strong between him and rekha at many award functions there have always been hints that he had a strong feeling for rekha and i believe even if Jaya had gotten the little hint about him having an affair with rekha she shudve called off the relationship its not like she was some b graded actress she was a very strong and independent woman and possibly more established than amitabh and secondly if she couldn't do that why would she let amitabh act with rekha in their almost real life story on screen i believe it was very weak off of jaya to do that act and continued to live with him after all that and for abhi's reaction i dont hold him at any fault its HIS dad and he obviously cant declare him as a hypocrite or womaniser but i hope he respects and treats his wife way better than his dad did
i also think its us as an audience and fan following that shud be kinda having thoughts about him being the "icon of bollywood" if we know or even have like hints about him being all this then does he really deserve this amount of respect and that king status😕wudnt shahrukh be better off?
Edited by sheenu32 - 14 years ago
My Mom tells me stuff from the past because she as many was also a fan. LOL. Anyhow, apparently the movie Silsilay was accurate and depicted on their life story which furthermore proves that Amitabh cheated on his wife with Rekha. Till date, they zoom in Amitab's face and Rekha's face together at events and fuctions. Why the hell is Rekha being looked as the home breaker? Didn't Amitabh sleep with her while being married and having two children? Is he a saint? LMFAO. Edited by zainab25 - 14 years ago
anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: qwww

I heard Parveen was schizophrenic and she blamed AB for a lot of weird things  - like he was trying to kill her etc.But the rape is new  - I havent heard that before.
The only affair ofhis that I knew about before I joined IF was  with Rekha  - shows how much I knew 😆
Abhi is a hypocrite  - hope he treats his wife much better than his dad treated his mom.

True. The Amitabh-Parveen thing was just due to Parveens behaviour. She not only spoke about him but others as well, one of them being Salman.

There was even an event wherein, she was shooting for her movie and during the movie schedule, she was found somewhere in an abroad city(dont remember the name) lying on the corner of a road by the police and she was brought back to India and asked how she reached there and she said she doesnt know, she doesnt remember anything.

So ya, she became quite weird. Even her death is a mystery todate.
What a tragic end to someone like her 😕