Posted: 14 years ago
AND Deepika only made it because her dad is famous and he had connections?  (as much as you guys deny it, I have my sources well placed).

I know that one of her friend's mother was a model coordinator and her family knew Atul Kasbekar. So yes she had advantages when she was  trying to become a model. But her entry into films was on her own. And she didn't audition for Farah but she did do a screen-test.
Edited by -bluemoon- - 14 years ago
Originally posted by Sonalicious

Fact is, NOBODY would make it anywhere in this industry if you don't have the right connections or the right people.  Outsider or not, starkid or not.  Just watch Fashion, yes it takes things a little too far, but there is a lot of truth in it.

completely agree. And this doesn't  apply to only the film industry. Fact is every industry is like this, whether its specific business sectors or bollywood.
^^ but noone is asking them to sleep with producers,directors whatever if u want to make it big u have to compromise soemwhere if u have so much dignity,honesty and morals which i kow everyone have why r u bothered to enter an industry like this go choose another profession see it's their decision to sleep,have a relationship whatever noone is forcign them to do so yes it is unfiar that the casting couch exists but then that's another discussion
Originally posted by -bluemoon-

AND Deepika only made it because her dad is famous and he had connections?  (as much as you guys deny it, I have my sources well placed).

I know that one of her friend's mother was a model coordinator and her family knew Atul Kasbekar. So yes she had advantages when she was  trying to become a model. But her entry into films was on her own. And she didn't audition for Farah but she did do a screen-test.

I am pretty sure that she has mentioned many times that Farah Khan casted her without any tests because she looked the part.   And I have nothing against Deepika, I think she is quite talented so good for Farah for just seeing her and knowing.  
^Not really, every industry except for family-owned businesses you have to make it on your own. As in you can't become a doctor or a lawyer just because your parents are. And even in family owned businesses if you run one into the ground it is not as if your dad's friend will give you his to run.

Children from film families have every right to be in the industry. And some of them actually struggle quite a bit sometimes, like Karisma Kapoor when she debuted. If anything her family was an obstacle to her success because they prevented big banners from signing her on.

I also read somewhere that Soha Ali Khan is doing C-grade film, on this thread. I would hardly call UTV a c-grade banner or a lead role in a Sudhir Mishra film a c-grade role.

see she used the connections t enter modeeling indutry too and as for it goes for flms farrah did saw her n those fashion shows and offered her a film so she did had that advantage of being in fashion industry she was total outsider also, she did music videos before so farrah knew she could do the movie and she had to struggle less then total outsiders
@Sonalicious there is a technical difference between a screen-test and an audition and that is what I was trying to point out. She said she was never a part of an audition, and one of many possible candidates for the role. But while she was being considered for the role she did do a screen-test.
Originally posted by fizzilicious

see she used the connections t enter modeeling indutry too and as for it goes for flms farrah did saw her n those fashion shows and offered her a film so she did had that advantage of being in fashion industry she was total outsider also, she did music videos before so farrah knew she could do the movie and she had to struggle less then total outsiders

I totally agree with that part. I wouldn't attribute her doing the music video to family connections though because by that time she was a pretty successful model.
even if she did a screen test she didn't had to go throught he grill of auditioning  because she had that advatantage from being the fashion industry and that made it a bit easier for her too so the point is everyone has one or other advatage then be it starkids,outsiders,models,famousbf's/gf's/siblings

This might border on heartless, but honestly I still can't muster sympathy for them when so many other people from outside the industry have to sleep with directors and producers to get their breaks. It is about relative struggles. Don't we all have the pressure of wanting to be successful no matter who our parents are?

Is anyone FORCING them to sleep with the producers or directors?  Just lik ehow NOBODY is forcing the starkids to to follow the same career path as their parents, as you put it, nobody is forcing anyone else to sleep with anyone.  It's their choice so really I can't muster any sympathy for those people either.  It's their obsession to make it big and be famous.   And yes it is all about being famous and being a star, or else if it was purely about acting, they could join some theater group. 

And I wanted to add earlier, Bluemoon, if you were only talking about Abhi than I was not pointing at you but other who were talking about "starkid" in general since this topic is called "STAR SONS AND DAUGHTERS" and not "Star Kid: Abhishek Bachchan".   You see there is this one starkid that I am rather very fond of and who I have a teeny soft spot for reasons unknown so seeing her getting bashed when there is no fault of hers, I do get offended on her behalf.  You know the little silly "fangirl" in me, what can I do? So my posts were pointed at THOSE who were talking about this starkid and not you. 
Edited by Sonalicious - 14 years ago