Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

Online Friends More Valuable than Real life ones?

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago

Welcome IFians!

Are Online Friends more or less valuable than real life friends?

I hate to call it real life as if it's fake online   But couldn't think of a better word to differentiate.

Do you think that online friends are less valuable than real life ones?
Do you have to see a person physically to be good friends with him/her?  Isn't it just all about what kind of a person he/she is?

Do you think it's the same?  Your Online friends are just as valuable as real life friends?  Do you really truly feel the same way for both?
If you think they are not the same, then what's the difference?  What's the difference between an online or real life friend?

Any comments are most welcome!

Enjoy discussing!  

-IF Development Team-

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

i dont think they r any less valuable. they both have their own importance.
Do you have to see a person physically to be good friends with him/her?  Isn't it just all about what kind of a person he/she is?
certainly meeting someone in person is not essential at all. its just how u get along with a person, the things u have in comman and the way two people think is important.
  Do you think it's the same?  Your Online friends are just as valuable as real life friends?  Do you really truly feel the same way for both?
yes i thing both have their own importance. none can replace another and both r essential in a person's life.
If you think they are not the same, then what's the difference?  What's the difference between an online or real life friend?
As far as being in contact or communicating with friends is concerned, virtual friends r more important, bcoz we talk to our friends once in a while but everyday to ur virtual friends.One cannottalk about all your secrets to your real life friends, but with virual friends u r much more open. That said when u fall ill or need any help the first people u turn to are mostly real life friends.

aish_punk thumbnail
no, both are important in different ways.
well no but then meeting a person definately strengthens ur bond.

yeah i do. both are imp in their different ways/
hmm i think that ure more open towards ur real friend and not so much to an online friend,

-aish

Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Great discussion again Mahi!

I feel,if you get along, share secrets, have fun, all of the stuff you do with friends you hang out with, then how is it any different?It's really just a different form of communicating. I agree that it is really easy to become someone else online, the real world is not immune to this either. People can still act like someone else in the real world and more people do this then we may realise.

jitheshgopan thumbnail
Real life friends are the most valuable..
Asherkibiwi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

never....................both r equel to me..................

dont believe in this........agreed to angelic-devil

yes.yes they r.see online friends & real life friendz r two sides of a coin.........for me both them r equel............i never see them in two eyes as they r my online friendz..........other r my reall life friendz.............i feel same 4 both them.................they r my friends................

i cant see any diffrence between them................😛
.Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

yes cos I believe that my online friends love me for me and not the way I look.

do you have to see a person physically to be good friends with him/her?  Isn't it just all about what kind of a person he/she is?

no, not at all cos some physically friends always want something or the other from u and might not even love u for u but what they r geting from u.

well I feel the same way abt my online friends and my two real life wonderful friends

I love my own online friends and real life friend just the same way the only  difference is that I have never seen some of dem's faces non do I know how they look but the love and trust we have for each other is so real.

WillSmith456 thumbnail
Friends whether girl or boy real or artificial sometimes or when he/she betrays you its hurts the most which stays all through the lives.😕😳
mimi0295 thumbnail
I think my online friends are as important to me like my "real life-day to day" friends.
I dont differentiate between the people I love, regardless of how they look. I dont need to see how someone looks like to befriend them, and that's why I love my online friends.
Though, I do feel that I can't tell my online friends everything that's going on in my life like i can to my "I can see you" friends. =)

I have really close online friends who I can talk to about anything and everything, same goes to my real life friends. I trust very few people with my secrets, and the people who I do trust, it takes me a long while before I can start spilling my feelings.

--Mimi

P.S Awesome post Mahi di!

never....................both r equel to me..................

dont believe in this........agreed to angelic-devil

yes.yes they r.see online friends & real life friendz r two sides of a coin.........for me both them r equel............i never see them in two eyes as they r my online friendz..........other r my reall life friendz.............i feel same 4 both them.................they r my friends................

i cant see any diffrence between them................😛
agree