Frequent Posters

Bartz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: Believe

India funding Taliban fighters: Pakistan
--

AFP image
Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has once again claimed that India is fomenting unrest within Pakistan through steps such as funding Taliban fighters based along the border with Afghanistan.

Malik said he was "convinced" India is among "certain hostile agencies" that are backing the Taliban to create instability in Pakistan.

Asked during an interview to a TV news channel as to who was backing the Taliban, he said: "There are certain hostile elements against Pakistan and there are certain hostile agencies which do not want Pakistan to be (stabilised)."

In response to a question on whether India is among the hostile agencies, Malik said, "Yes, of course, I am convinced. I have no doubt about it. I was very open. I have given the full details.

"If the interior minister of India or anyone else wants to confront me, I will be very happy to confront them because I know what I am saying," he added.

Malik had said last week that Pakistan has "solid evidence" of India's alleged involvement in fomenting unrest in Balochistan province and this can be shared with Indian ministers or representatives at any forum of their choice.

"I invite their interior minister or anyone else (to come to Pakistan) and I will put on record all the material about India's interference in Balochistan. I'll prove it to the world," he had said.

---- http://www.ndtv.com/news/world/india_funding_taliban_fighters_pakistan.php --- 😃

Another conspiracy theory  😆

Edited by Bartz - 14 years ago
Bartz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rongna

india will help pakistan if only there is some interest or good outcomes for india if it helps pakistan. otherwise, india will not help pakistan.

Is there something wrong with that? 😕
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Bartz

Is there something wrong with that? 😕

At the present moment there are some security concerns but eventually the two countries will work together. Bi-lateral trades benefits both countries.😊
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: rongna

<br><br>india will help pakistan if only there is some interest or good outcomes for india if it helps pakistan. otherwise, india will not help pakistan. <br>

LOL, what interest? We have no interest in letting terrorists enter India through LOC.Edited by debayon - 14 years ago
you mean its Pakistan Vs Pakistan....I doubt😳
Summer3 thumbnail
Terrorists do not hesitate to kill their own people too. They need to be got rid off. Guns and ammunitions should be banned for a start

Female suicide bomber kills dozens in Iraq

Mohammed Haider, 2, is held by his mother at a hospital after he was wounded in a suicide attack in Baghdad, Iraq Women and children were among the pilgrims injured
At least 41 people have been killed and 106 injured by a female suicide bomber in north-east Baghdad, an interior ministry spokesman has said.

The woman detonated an explosives vest among a group of pilgrims making the journey to Karbala, 80km from Baghdad. A witness described seeing a fireball.

The Shia pilgrims were marking Arbaeen, the end of 40 days of mourning for the death of Prophet Muhammad's grandson.

Troops and police are on alert during the pilgrimage.

The bomber had hidden the explosives under her abaya - a long, black over-garment, Maj Gen Qassim al-Moussawi told the Associated Press news agency.

Iraqis making a pilgrimage to Karbala to mark the annual festival of Arbaeen. The attack happened as pilgrims walked through Baghdad

Witness Raheem Kadhom said pilgrims were "crying for help" as they lay injured on the ground in the Shaab neighbourhood, AP reported.

Others helped by taking them to hospitals in cars rather than waiting for ambulances, Mr Kadhom said.

Security has also been increased around the revered Imam Hussein shrine in Karbala during the annual festival, which culminates on Friday.

Pre-election tension

In recent years the pilgrimage has been the target of similar attacks, blamed on Sunni extremists.

Twelve months ago, 32 pilgrims were killed by a female suicide bomber near Baghdad.

Monday's attack comes amid heightened tension between Sunni and Shia groups ahead of parliamentary elections scheduled for March.

About 500 candidates have been barred from standing for office because of their alleged links to Saddam Hussein's outlawed Baath Party.

Although the list does include candidates from both sides, Sunni political groups feel disproportionately targeted by the exclusions.

Edited by Summer3 - 14 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail

Pakistan politician escapes life attempt

Sheikh Rashid Ahmad
Mr Ahmed is contesting an election in Rawalpindi
A senior Pakistani politician has survived an attempt on his life when unidentified gunmen shot at him in the city of Rawalpindi in Punjab province.

Sheikh Rashid Ahmed, leader of the Awami Muslim League (AML) party, escaped with a sprained ankle, officials said.

Mr Ahmed was coming out of an election meeting when four gunmen on motorcycles shot at him.

Three of his security guards were killed in the attack, police said.

No arrests have been made in the connection with the incident.

The attack has disrupted Mr Ahmed's campaign for a key by-election which many believe will test the popularity of the Pakistan Muslim League - Nawaz (PML-N) party run by former prime minister Nawaz Sharif - which rules Punjab province.

Mr Sharif's faction won the largest number of seats in the province in the 2008 elections.

But it had asked for the postponement of the by-election in view of the "fragile" law and order situation in Punjab.

However, Pakistan's Supreme Court ruled in favour of an argument put forward by Mr Ahmed to hold the election.

Mr Ahmed is the head of the Awami Muslim League (AML) party and is contesting the Rawalpindi constituency.

The AML is one of several parties, such as the PML-N, formed from different factions of the now defunct PML party.

The BBC's M Ilyas Khan in Islamabad says this is the fifth attack of its kind in the Rawalpindi-Islamabad area, involving gunmen on motorcycles.

Three army officers were killed in separate gun attacks lat year. Pakistan's minister of religious affairs survived an assassination attempt