innocentdevil. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
So well I was at school today. [Unfortunately :(] And my friends are always wondering why I'm always so dressed up for school. Like why do i give so much importance to my looks and why I never go to school in messy hair and just something threw on together.

And it brought up something interesting.

Is it so wrong to give importance to you looks? Even if you're just going to school?

I would love to hear you thoughts on this :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I dont think its wrong....but some people like to be comforable i guess
& if someone dresses up TOO much its looks weird/awkward

i am a mx i guess lol
i like to dress up & sometimes i like to look casual

the only think i really care about is my hair and face 😆
innocentdevil. thumbnail
I don't. Like i don't DROWN my self in make up or accessories. It does look weird.

I try to look appropriate for school yet maintaining to put a fashionable touch to it.

Ohh yes. The Hair and the face is super important for me.
Jess. thumbnail

Originally posted by: ShadowKiss

I don't. Like i don't DROWN my self in make up or accessories. It does look weird.

I try to look appropriate for school yet maintaining to put a fashionable touch to it.

Ohh yes. The Hair and the face is super important for me.

i agree...and if someone dresses up all the time, it doesnt look special anymore cause the person is always dressed up..and everyones used to it

So it try to maintain a balance of casual/dressy 😛

@ bold : i agree...thats the best way to look good :)
Edited by Jess. - 14 years ago
innocentdevil. thumbnail
Yup. There is this girl and she's like putting dresses on and stuff and she looks like she's gonna walk into some party after school and too much make up and accessories. It's sort of weird. I try to like blend in yet stand out lol if that made sense!

I meant like not being OVER THE TOP.
Jess. thumbnail

Yup. There is this girl and she's like putting dresses on and stuff and she looks like she's gonna walk into some party after school and too much make up and accessories. It's sort of weird. I try to like blend in yet stand out lol if that made sense!

I meant like not being OVER THE TOP.

haha i hate when people dress up like that!
there's a few indian girls in my school who probably wear dresses like 2 times a week 😆
honestly, people think they're snobs cause of the way they dress

yea that makes sense
i also try to blend in, yet stand out 😆
innocentdevil. thumbnail
Ughh those snobby girls I hate them.

Like really calm down. You're not walking the runway.

Jess. thumbnail

Ughh those snobby girls I hate them.

Like really calm down. You're not walking the runway.

Lol.
i hate snobby girls too!
Especially when they act all that and like they're so popular
i mean, some girls look pretty even when they dont dress up like them...there's no need to look like you're the queen of the earth 😆
innocentdevil. thumbnail
I know. Like for some people simple works. But no to look pretty it has to be like taking a dive in makeup and way too many accessories. And way too short clothes. Uhhh eww.

I mean try to look elegant.
P1nk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

So well I was at school today. [Unfortunately :(] And my friends are always wondering why I'm always so dressed up for school. Like why do i give so much importance to my looks and why I never go to school in messy hair and just something threw on together.

And it brought up something interesting.

Is it so wrong to give importance to you looks? Even if you're just going to school?

I would love to hear you thoughts on this :)

When I was In school I was afraid of showing myself off, I barely dressed up to impress the boys ok maybe not the boys but the hot guy tutors, ok people dont dress up to impress. Anyhow, depends what you define as dressing up, walking to school with your lehnga on or what? . Do what makes you feel comfortable thats the most important thing, I don't wear glitter shiney garments thats a put off and makes you stand out like a fool, mix and match with the right make-up techniques. You should care about your looks, time flies we are ageing fast, we won't stay young forever. cheers.