Frequent Posters

Aaditee thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
haha...Flirt!!
Can't help but remember someone!!
Aaditee thumbnail
Paknya...but he doesn't fit in...
maybe Ishaan? but na...doesn't fit in either..a mixture, actually!!
Pooj@ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Naah...He is Shar's hero(!) remember?
Pooj@ thumbnail

Part 6

I looked around for a seat frantically…..My friends were sitting in the corner of the room, encircled by a crowd…..

The females in the crowd were eager to have some conversation, related to nothing in particular, while the males had mostly gathered around to look, converse or be around Sphurti…..

Sphurti is the class Juliet, and she had hordes of Romeos around her…..Not only from our class, also our juniors and seniors….They all crowd around her like moths to a flame….

Seemingly soft spoken and simple, Sphurti is a complex creature…..Nerves of steel and fierce determination are tucked deep beneath the outer layers of girlishness and warmth that make up her persona…..

She gave a delicate cough and a boy produced a glass of water, presenting it her as if it was from the fountain of youth or something….

She just lifted her dark eyelashes in response and muttered a meek thank you…I swear the guy swooned right then and there, estatic….Sheesh, Guys!

I pushed past a guy and placed my chair with the others. Geeta looked a bit amused with the whole scenario around our table. Exchanging a silent furtive and jovial look, we turned to our plates.

Suddenly my stomach rumbled with hunger and I realized how hungry I was. And with that, I relished the delicious paneer and roti….

The main course soon gave way to the dessert and people flocked to the ice cream-wallah. Sphurti's one of the many admirers managed to procure a tray laden with ice cream and got one for each of her friends, in hope of extra brownie points.

Yo, man, you score!

"Hey Shar! What are your plans for college?"

"Science. What else? And you?"

"Science. You keeping Biology?"

"Yeah. I like biology……what are you opting for?"

"Geography and I.T. Mostly…."

Geeta winked. I.T course was not offered in the college I had opted for. I realized with a sinking heart that Geeta had opted for a different college than mine….That meant less time with my best friend. If we found time for each other, that is.

Zoya was contemplative during our whole conversation.

Geeta finally prodded. "What about you?"

"I don't know…I want to talk to you guys later…Okay?"

I shrugged. No probs, man, and turned my full attention towards the melting almond mocha ice cream in my hand……..

The almond mocha was interesting….I looked around the room……People were laughing and chatting with each other, talking about everything and nothing….

I had been honored, embarrassed, cried laughed, and grown up with all of them….

Memories are strange things…Even though I was in a crowded room all the while; I never felt their presence….

Now like the small almonds on the chocolate brown mocha, and they cropped up…Some prominent remembrances…..

Cool wind blew through the open window, bringing with it, the recollections of the past….

Some tears, some embarrassments, some guilt trips, some love-locked pursuits, some ambitions, a lot of laughs, a lot of learning and growing up….

I disentangled myself from the crowd, wanting a breath of fresh air…

The landscape outside was still….

That's how life was now going to be, I thought…..

The almonds were now buried deep into the brown sludge…..

Something pricked my eye, and that is the only reason why I brushed the back of my hand on my eye….

That's why I hate reunions.

Edited by Pooj@ - 14 years ago
Aaditee thumbnail
"That's why I hate reunions."
and that's exactly why I love them. 😊
Nice though...
*Nishi* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
hey i just finished all your chapters.. i really like your story 😃 its sweet and differnet.. and even though the make character is kinda stuck up in some ways i still like her personality.. i think she narrates the story well.. ive never really been to a reunion.. not like that. really looking forward to ur next update 😊
Pooj@ thumbnail
Thanks Nishi...I wanted to adhere to the fact there, well, no one is perfect, not even the famous little protagonist everyone loves! :P Will be posting soon though!
_.serendipity._ thumbnail

Wow, it's beautiful! You write really well. I love the imagery, like the almond one. Do update soon!!
Pooj@ thumbnail
Thanks! I will surely try to update soon!
Pooj@ thumbnail

Part 7

The rain was falling continuously, and potholes the size of footballs had sprung up on roads along with frogs.

The wet deserted roads were strangely inviting, along with their emerald green tree-linings'.

I was maneuvering my Dio with utmost care, my speed less than 30 inspite of the empty road and few passer-bys. Karve road was the epitome of potholes. It was hard to see the road. One would have logically assumed that potholes had not appeared in the road, the road was appearing in the potholes'.

I have a fetish for driving through large puddles of water. Karve road had one of such champion puddles. As it loomed up in front to of me, I took the necessary precautions ' tucking my legs in, head hunched, but forgot to do the most important thing- look around'..

Splash!

The water rose till my shoulder length and then fell down. Smiling to myself, I was about to accelerate, tempted by the prospect of an intact road lying ahead'..

"OYE!"

The voice was angry. My heart did a black flip along with my stomach.

"Shit! I am so sorry'." I began to apologize as I removed my spotted black bandanna'.

"Can't you see? How did you pass the driving test anyway?" the boy came back with a biting response.

He removed the hood of his jacket, and was about to speak something else, possibly another inflamed insult''

"You?"

I blinked. Once. Twice. Thrice.

"Yeah. Me. I know'you, na? You are.'aren't you?"

"Huh? Sorry'Aaryan."

"Yeah'..Sharvina '."

"I know'.I would recognize the bandanna anywhere'.." He smirked.

I lifted an eyebrow dangerously. No one makes fun of my bandanna and gets away with it.

"What are you doing here anyway?" he asked mildly, judging my displeasure from my expression.

"I am going to Abhimanyu's."

"Really? Me too! Hey can you-?"

I smiled. "Shall I give you a ride? Least I can do to make up'."

He shrugged.

"How did you get here anyway?"

He pointed at the bus stop. I nodded my head.

As he sat behind me, I adjusted the rearview mirrors and then roared the Dio to life.

Accelerating I said, "By the way, I only have a learner's permit!"

Ignoring his gasp of indignation, I proceeded to rush through the next champion puddle.

Edited by Pooj@ - 14 years ago