Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
Here is a siggie my friend Ssaba made of Sita aur Urmila: Sister of My Heart on my request.

You guys can use it too if you want. :)

It has the quote "A sister is a gift to the heart, friend to the spirit, and a golden thread to the meaning of life." on it. Doesn't it just fit the bond Sitaji and Urmilaji had? (Remember the scene where Urmi told Lakshman that Sita acted as he spy during the exile?πŸ˜† Wish RS had showed Urmi asking Sitaji to do that.πŸ˜‰)
Edited by _LalithaJanaki_ - 14 years ago
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
[quote=sita11]great imaginations u hv used lola in these beautiful siggiesπŸ‘β­οΈ
loving all of them !!!!πŸ‘πŸ‘[/quote]

Thanks Sita, so happy you liked them! You're awesome!
Here's a quick creation with our Rukminiji from SK and MB's Krishna Bhagwan... whaddaya think, guys?

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: lola610

[quote=sita11]great imaginations u hv used lola in these beautiful siggiesπŸ‘β­οΈ

loving all of them !!!!πŸ‘πŸ‘[/quote]

Thanks Sita, so happy you liked them! You're awesome!
Here's a quick creation with our Rukminiji from SK and MB's Krishna Bhagwan... whaddaya think, guys?

Wooow, very cute sig Lola! This'll def have to be included in our "romantic slideshow".
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

Here is a siggie my friend Ssaba made of Sita aur Urmila: Sister of My Heart on my request.

You guys can use it too if you want. :)

It has the quote "A sister is a gift to the heart, friend to the spirit, and a golden thread to the meaning of life." on it. Doesn't it just fit the bond Sitaji and Urmilaji had? (Remember the scene where Urmi told Lakshman that Sita acted as he spy during the exile?πŸ˜† Wish RS had showed Urmi asking Sitaji to do that.πŸ˜‰)

wow it's gorgeous! the whole shadowy vignette look is soooo cool, pics are gorgeous, and quote is perfect! love it! lol yea would've loved to see that scene, would've made a great smiley moment amidst all the pre-banvaas waterworks... but you know how we were saying that in the later epis they forgot Urmi's awesome jewelry? IMO they made up for it by toning down her makeup... she looks lovely both ways, but in scenes like that "didi was my spy" one, she looked more innocent than this fisheye thing... fit her personality better... right right right?

and thanks for liking the rukmini one! they're so cute together! can't wait for the romantic slideshow 😍
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

[quote=_LalithaJanaki_]Wow, these vids are really magical! Thanks for sharing them with me, Loli.⭐️ It's just so sad seeing the suffering of sweet Devaki Ma, but it's also so nice seeing the caring nature of Vasudevji. I'm not trying to sound racist or anything (so please excuse me), but isn't it really wonderful how a Muslim actor played the role of Vasudev so magnificently, and a lot better than many other actors? And the same with Zeb Khan (Nandji of JSK)....you can really tell they lived their roles and felt their characters' pain.

Most welcome hon, glad you enjoyed them... I've watched them literally hundreds of times and I still enjoy them 😍 And totally agree; a big draw for me in these sad scenes is Vasudev's choooo chweet personality that shines through when he's comforting her... I think Shahnawaz is just in a league of his own with these scenes; I've never seen anyone else in B'wood, H'wood, and def not tv who can convey so much emotion so subtly and in so little time... he's more heartbreaking in 1-2 min scenes then some movie guys are in 4 hour long weepies! Mad skills πŸ‘ And I also agree with your other point, I don't think it sounds offensive in any way - for me Shahnawaz in SK and Nazneen as Kunti in BRC's MB both seemed be living their roles, and conveyed so much spirituality in their scenes despite being of a diff religion - an admirable example of India's admirable pluralism, love it love it love it πŸ‘Oh yeah, forgot about Nazneen! She too was so superb as Kunti Ma. Actually, I can't think of anyone else who can do justice to the role of Kunti but her. I've seen some actresses who played her role in such a drab way that we couldn't really sympathize with the choices she made, but Nazneen made us understand the pain Kunti went through, that we can't help but get riled up at anyone who insults Kunti's character and calls her selfish or cold-hearted. There's this old Telugu actress, Anjali, who once played the role of Kunti in the movie "Baala Bharatham" and she too did a superb job, as well as Nazneen actually. Being a movie, the role of Kunti wasn't shown too much, but I loved each and every scene of Anjali's. I'll try to find a vid for you. By the way, I agree with everything you said about Shah Nawaz. Do you know if there were any Muslim actors in Ramayan?

[quote=_LalithaJanaki_]We had a debate in the debate forum once about Mytho shows/Hindu Mythology and people were bad-mouthing Dashrath and Vasudev big time, calling them weaklings and selfish people who sacrificed their children for a mere woman (and these were the so called feminists of the forum). I don't think anything could change the minds of people like them, not even RS, because they are just too stubborn about their beliefs and like to find faults in mytho characters because they detest 'idealism' and don't rest until they find something to blemish these perfect characters. And these were people who saw both RS's shows and BRC's MB, and most of the other mythos that came out.
That makes no sense πŸ˜• These are prob the same people who argue that all men wanted in women those days were baby machines, so when one machine failed they went out and married new ones... so, aren't these divine dads inspiringly progressive for their times? Spec referring to Vasudev, who in doing what he did to save Devaki's life, showed that she - and women in general - deserve love and respect, babies or no babies? Lol bring that debate back, I've got my gloves on, I'm ready πŸ˜†Believe me, I'd love to, but it's such a waste of time arguing with those people that it'd only take time away which you would otherwise have spent on this CC.πŸ˜‰ Do you still want the debate? Will try to search for the link...and there's this other one where people started saying the fame of Ramayan was really not that astounding, because it was telecasted at a time when TV was still new, and that if it was telecasted now, it wouldn't become half as popular. Do you want the link of that debate as well or do you think there's an iota of truth in what they said?πŸ˜•
Agree with you 100%.πŸ‘ But many people don't believe in Dharma these days, because society's views has changed drastically from being "live your life for others" to "Me Me Me". It's all about the individual today. Not many can bear to sacrifice their happiness for others, even their family. I'm telling ya Loli, the end of Kali Yug is coming closer and closer, but it's still too far away. It's scary to think how much more evil people will have to get before Lord Kalki comes.
Lol we can thank Freud... but it's all good, there are true gurus out there too look out for the people who have potential... "tu dheeraj mat haar" πŸ˜‰Agree!πŸ‘πŸ˜†
[quote=_LalithaJanaki_]hey, if it's possible, can you take a pic of your dress only and post it here?😳 I'd love to see it and you can take the pic in a way that nothing personal appears online.😳
lol okie dokes... if I find it one the site first I'll post that... you'll love it πŸ˜›Can't wait!
[quote=_LalithaJanaki_]Your Radha Krishna Valentine with Nitish and Reshma is so beautiful! Can you make another one with Pinky and Nitish please?
K, little busy this week but will try!
[quote=_LalithaJanaki_]

Woooow, thanks for this long description of the epi...it's like a full fledged update!πŸ˜ƒ Will def see and discuss it without you, sounds like a real eye-catcher.
It's a pity so much good stuff was edited out. Someone should protest.😑[/quote]
Most welcome hon, glad you enjoyed... and yayt can't wait to discuss, I know you'll love it! Of course, it was a thousand times more awesome when the missing scene wasn't missing... heartbreaking Shahnawaz, heartwarming Swapnil moment 😭... anyways you'll love it, for sure! Still haven't gotten around to watching it (you know why)...but I def will!
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Wowwww Lali the new sigs are really stunning! Lakhan-kul is too cute, perfect addition to our "vansh series"... but I love love love the new lovey-dovey brown UrmiLakhan one! Coloring, texture, text are all sooooo perfect and pro-looking, it's gorgeous! I want it!!! Thank you so much for your sweet comments Loli!πŸ€— Am so glad you like it! The brown coloring wasn't really my doing, it just kind of came with the pics.😳 But I'm glad you like the Pushp Vatika text I used. Wanted a little change from the RadheShyam love text we always use for Lakhan Urmi.πŸ˜‰ And you can thank Aish for the new texture...she found this 'mask' option on photofiltre (the software I use) and I've been testing it out. I'm glad you like my first attempt.😳 
Along with the vansh slideshow, can we put together one which reps all of RS's perfect couples in romantic siggies? Like, 2 SiyaRam (your feeding one, mine I'll do by the wknd), 2 RadheShyam (one each of our Maharaas ones), 2 UrmiLakhan (this one from you, and my doves one), and 2 VasuDevaki (my moonlight one, you do another by the wknd)? That gives us both a fun "assignment" and hopefully a super sweet result to show off at the end 😍 Whaddaya say, Lallikins?! Great idea Loli! Will def do a VasuDevaki one as soon as I find time. But for the two Maharaas ones, which of yours and which of mines do you want to put?

And btw, here's the KuruVansh... hope you like... and you didn't say, should we do another YaduVansh with a Mandavi as Rohini pic? Woooow, very nice! It looks very Mahabharat-ish!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ And the pics are superb, especially Bheem's. He looks like he was surprised with something big!πŸ˜† Which scene did you get that pic from? And I love the new YaduVansh one! Are you going to post that here?

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Lola, here's a vid of Anjali as Sita....

it's from the Telugu movie Lava Kusha...when Sita sees Lava Kusha reunited with their father and decides to leave the Earth...

I couldn't find a Balabharatham Kunti vid, so I'm posting this. Will continue looking though.

Watch from 2:35 onward (unless you want to see before too)...Valmiki tells Sita that her wish was fulfilled (of seeing father and sons reunited) and all her duties are fulfilled. Sita tells him that she still has one more duty to fulfill - and that is to prove her chastity so that her sons' future is secured. Lakshman tells her that she should come back to Ayodhya and ascend the throne as its queen again, but Sita says she has no wish to be queen anymore, because a more important duty calls her. She then calls Mother Earth and leaves. Rama then crowns Lava and Kusha as Kings and leaves Earth also (this is just a speedy version of what happens since it is a movie).

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEJoky8gGgc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Lola, I found a Bala Bharatam vid:

Watch from 17:15 - 21:50; it happens in the earlier part of Mahabharat when Pandu was still King and Anjali and Jayaprada (as Kunti and Madri) were his Queens. They go to a drama done by a group of Nishadas for entertainment, where they meet Adiratha, Radha, and Karna (who is about two years old). Kunti wants to hold Karna, because she recognizes him as her son (due to his Kavach and Kundal), but for some reason, he won't come to her though he goes readily to Pandu. The need to hold him grows stronger and she forcefully takes him into her arms. He starts crying and Radha gets angry. She replies rudely and takes Karna back into her arms, leaving for home with Adiratha. Kunti secretly follows them to their tent and is shocked by the hostile words Radha speaks to Adiratha about how one who is not a mother can never understand another woman's pain when she hears her child crying, even if that woman is a queen. Kunti then remembers the memory of how Karna was born to her (through a 30 second song) and mourns her fate.

This is a purely fictional account of course, but it's emotional. Tell me what you think.😳
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

CONGRATS GUYS FOR HITTING 100 PAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW, I NEVER IMAGINED WE'D COMPLETE 100 PAGES IN SO FEW MONTHS, BUT IT'S HARDLY BELIEVEABLE THAT ONLY 50 MORE PAGES TO GO BEFORE OPENING CC #2!

RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Loli, here's the VasuDevaki siggie I was supposed to make as my homework for this week. :) I knew I wouldn't have time later on, so I'm posting it now.

I used a different kind of texture.....does it look bad? And I tried to colorize it green...did it fit? Please tell me honestly. I can redo it if you want.😳