Posted: 14 years ago

Who stole Zayed's song?

SUBHASH K JHA 17 September 2009, 09:49am IST
Email Discuss Bookmark/Share Save Text Size: |
It was a promise made to the promising young actor from the start. But then nothing in Bollywood sells like success. Zayed Khan was supposed to
Zayed Khan More Pics
sing and dance to a solo number in Tony D'Souza's Blue. He waited patiently. It was meant to be the last number to be shot, post-dubbing because of the delay in recording the song.

But now that the number Fiqrana has found a replacement singer in Vijay Prakash instead of Farhan Akhar, Zayed shooting in Delhi for Sharafat Gayi Tel Lene is shocked to be informed that it's no longer his song. That in fact the number to be filmed from September 15 till September 19 at the Mukesh Mills will now be filmed on the entire cast Sanjay Dutt, Akshay Kumar, Lara Dutta and Katrina Kaif and of course Zayed.

Hurt and incensed, Zayed is no longer interested in participating in what was meant to be his song.

Speaking guardedly from Delhi Zayed said, "I'm learning my lessons the hard way. In this industry it's always the big fish eating up the little fish (an apt description considering our film Blue is an underwater sea adventure). Fine. Hopefully one day I'll get there. But when I do I can assure I won't behave the same way. But no more being taken for granted. I can't afford it."

Beyond this Zayed refuses to comment on how a song sung in one voice will now be shot on the entire cast. As for not participating in the number he says, "I was thinking of not participating in the shooting. If I am not considered important enough no point in hanging around. But then I decided to be professional about this. I'm flying from Delhi to Mumbai for the song."

Zayed however absolves the Blue director of all blame. Too new to protest or to stand up for an actor who is not doing well enough commercially to be seen to warrant a whole song to himself, Tony D'Souza says, "Yes we're shooting a song with the entire cast next week. I'd really like Zayed to be part of it. Because he's a very important and pivotal part of Blue. This film will take him to another level."

Edited by -Crystal- - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

its the same every where darling.

In Bollywood, big fish eat little fish: Zayed Khan

By Subhash K. Jha, Mumbai, Sep 17 : Actor Zayed Khan says he is learning 'the hard way'. He was supposed to sing and dance to a solo number in the film 'Blue', but was shocked to be informed that he would not be the only one to feature in it.

The same song has been turned into a group number and is being shot with Sanjay Dutt, Akshay Kumar, Lara Dutta, Katrina Kaif and, of course, Zyed in the film by Tony D'Souza.

"I'm learning my lessons the hard way. In this industry it's always the big fish eating up the little fish (an apt description considering our film 'Blue' is an underwater sea adventure). Fine. Hopefully, one day I'll get there," said Zayed, who is shooting in Delhi for "Sharafat Gayi Tel Lene".

"But when I do I can assure I won't behave the same way. But no more being taken for granted. I can't afford it," he added.

As for not participating in the number, he said: "I was thinking of not participating in the shooting. If I am not considered important enough, no point in hanging around. But then I decided to be professional about this. I'm flying from Delhi to Mumbai for the song."

Zayed, however, absolves the "Blue" director of all blame.

D'Souza says, "Yes, we're shooting a song with the entire cast next week. I'd really like Zayed to be part of it. Because he's a very important and pivotal part of 'Blue'. This film will take him to another level."

--IANS

'Where's My Song?' Zayed Khan's Promised Solo Song Snatched Away!

By Subhash K Jha, It was a promise made to the promising young actor from the start.

But then nothing in Bollywood sells like success. Zayed Khan was supposed to sing and dance to a solo number in Tony D'Souza's Blue. He waited patiently. It was meant to be the last number to be shot, post-dubbing because of the delay in recording the song.

But now that the number Fiqrana has found a replacement singer in Vijay Prakash instead of Farhan Akhar, Zayed shooting in Delhi for Sharafat Gayi Tel Lene is shocked to be informed that it's no longer his song. That in fact the number to be filmed from September 15 till September 19 at the Mukesh Mills will now be filmed on the entire cast Sanjay Dutt, Akshay Kumar, Lara Dutta and Katrina Kaif and of course Zayed.

Hurt and incensed Zayed is no longer interested in participating in what was meant to be his song.

Speaking guardedly from Delhi Zayed said, "I'm learning my lessons the hard way. In this industry it's always the big fish eating up the little fish (an apt description considering our film Blue is an underwater sea adventure). Fine. Hopefully one day I'll get there. But when I do I can assure I won't behave the same way. But, no more being taken for granted, I can't afford it."

Beyond this Zayed refuses to comment on the how a song sung in one voice will now be shot on the entire cast. As for not participating in the number he says, "I was thinking of not participating in the shooting. If I am not considered important enough no point in hanging around. But then I decided to be professional about this. I'm flying from Delhi to Mumbai for the song."

Zayed however absolves the Blue director of all blame. Too new to protest or to stand up for an actor who is not doing well enough commercially to be seen to warrant a whole song to himself, Tony D'Souza says, "Yes we're shooting a song with the entire cast next week. I'd really like Zayed to be part of it. Because, he's a very important and pivotal part of Blue. This film will take him to another level."

--SAMPURN

Fantabulous thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Unfortunate for Zayed
pksanam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Zayed, my dear.... when you signed up a movie with Akki, you should've expected this... it's all about the bigger star in bollywood...

some people love getting more attention.... at least you learned your lesson...
I am surprised he is talking about it? Publicity?
pksanam thumbnail
so what if he is... does he has no right...??

a lot of other actors do many things for publicity... at least he is only saying the truth... and some things that the actors don't say but the press finds out, that is their PR working for publicity, isn't it... 😛
I didn't mean it that way. Of course everyone should talk about it and not be diplomatic/boring.

I just said I was surprised he was; I don't know anyone else who has done it before?
Edited by Ms.GoodMorning - 14 years ago
pksanam thumbnail
oh that way...

well, it's alright if he has... nothing is wrong with that... most people are quite diplomatic about it when their roles are shortened...

didn't someone also told on Imran that he was trying to make his role bigger...??  i can't remember who it was...!