Fans vs Fanatics

Posted: 14 years ago
I have come across this issue. So thought of raising it here.

Basically it deals with a particular group of fans who show 'fanaticism' here. You are a fan of the celebrity, you love the person alot .. very much appreciated !! But then why don't you guys accept any kind of criticism against the actor ??? You end up in getting hurted !

Don't you guys think that a true fan is one who accepts criticism & appreciation in the same way ?? And fanatics must grow up !!!!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
fans are fanatics with limits..PERHAPS..

I am an MJ fan or fanatic as u may put it and I cannot tolerate him being abused.. I choose to ignore ..but some may not..

i think it is more an individual perspective

and how u handle things when an issue is raised...ignore or get into the mud and fight it through..

oh well

I pretend to be the popcorn gang..dont waste my energy fighting...just watching dhamakas now and then..

i think ur psot brings out an important point...and IF is a playground fr the two interleaved divisions that u have quoted
No fan will tolerate the actor being ABUSED . Im talking of people who cannot take criticisms too , i mean CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM as the DT puts 😆
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
umm rite

no fan wll tolerate abuse

I choose to walk out!

others choose to indulge..

someother may behave differently

ppl are different dude
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I think the term fanatics or fanaticism is synonymous with a passionate following that is not steeped in any rationale or reason. When someone is a fanatic they are blindly smitten by the said celebrity/character or whatever. They hit a point where the object of their affection is perfect and anything said otherwise is a sacrilege.

I think every human deserves some guilty obsessive pleasure every now and then.

But for the most part except for extreme fanaticism most people I feel are open to criticism of their favorites. Its hard to accept flaws in someone you adore. So sometimes it all boils down to criticism tactics.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Fanaticism is not good ...so-called religions are fanatic, cos they only allow that which THEIR scripture says, n THEIR founder says ,everything else has to be denied. That is making life very very limited....n life is unlimited... it is an infinity.....😃

tomnjerry2 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8

Who is a fantic ??

I think a fanatic is one who alwayzz backs the Celeb he / she loves..... even though he / she is wrong ..... 
If sumone tells or posts against him /  her he / she fights for  the celeb ...... 😆

single word- Blindfaith..... or follower !!!!

A  fan alwayzz backs the Celeb  loves.... but neva criticizes..... n criticism does not matter to him.... just ignores !!! 😳

Single word-  Sensible.......

If i got to say.... i don't find n e thing wrong being both fan n fanatic..... 😛

Keep-------------Smiling !!!! 😊
Edited by tomnjerry2 - 14 years ago
iTangled_25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I believe that a actor actress and everything else u love has to have advantages and disadvantages, the person who has no disadvantages has to be God, 🤓

Oh and those people who cant take criticisms being there fans are what u call "Obsessed Fans" 👎🏼

there is a diff between criticizing and bashing. calling someone poker face, dumb, low IQ, making fun is not criticism right? even continuous criticism turns into bashing.
thats the same for fans and fanatics.
Sujal_Fan_No1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
No fan or fanatic will stand critisim agains actor or actress they like, even though u dont no them personally, coz its like someone is critising soemone u do like or no. Some fans or fanatic choose to defend the actor and argue back and some choose to ignore and move on, it rele depends on wat type of person u are rele.