Should homosexual parents be allowed to adopt?

Mockingjay1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Since there has been several topics on homosexuality in this part of the forum, I thought this question might as well go along with those.

As far as same sex marriage goes, only 4 out of the 50 states in the US have even legalized same sex marriage. As far as the rest of the world goes, Idk much since I've been born and raised in the US(but that doesn't mean I haven't traveled to places). And most of them would want to have children too. So do you think think that they should be allowed to adopt them?
If so, why? And if not, why not?

P.S. This is just a curiosity question. Is homosexuality legalized in India?

Note: I am gonna argue both sides since that's how a debate should be.
Edited by Phoenix_3 - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

yes y not. there r so many children who r living the life of an orphan ,so y not. that would be the best thing for them. it will give the children a sense of belonging.
Mockingjay1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: angelic_devil

yes y not. there r so many children who r living the life of an orphan ,so y not. that would be the best thing for them. it will give the children a sense of belonging.

Agreed to some extent. But what if the child doesn't know much about homosexuality? Wouldn't he or she expect to have a woman for a mother and a man for a father? If s/he is adopted by a gay family, wouldn't it affect his/her upbringing?

Originally posted by: Phoenix_3

Agreed to some extent. But what if the child doesn't know much about homosexuality? Wouldn't he or she expect to have a woman for a mother and a man for a father? If s/he is adopted by a gay family, wouldn't it affect his/her upbringing?

well it will depend upon the age of the child, if he is too small then it will get used to them and wont even mind any such thing. as it is they would be tonnes better than heterosexual parents who abandoned these children and dropped them to an orphanage.
one more thing. they may be ridiculed at their schools and colleges, and also at the functions where mothers/fathers r invited they will actually feel awkward.  but still i think having parents will give them sense of security and being cared for.
Its a good idea.👍🏼
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
no this is absurd... its like asking can lunatics or perv's adopt children?!!........they should be allowed to adopt only 18+ old kids....and worse still if their being orphans is used as justification!!!
Edited by qwertyesque - 14 years ago
Mockingjay1 thumbnail

well it will depend upon the age of the child, if he is too small then it will get used to them and wont even mind any such thing. as it is they would be tonnes better than heterosexual parents who abandoned these children and dropped them to an orphanage.
one more thing. they may be ridiculed at their schools and colleges, and also at the functions where mothers/fathers r invited they will actually feel awkward.  but still i think having parents will give them sense of security and being cared for.
Its a good idea.👍🏼

But what if the gay couple are not married? And wouldn't homosexual environment model homosexual behavior in the child?

Also, doesn't every child have a right to a mother and a father?
Mockingjay1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

no this is absurd... its like asking can lunatics or perv's adopt children?!!........they should be allowed to adopt only 18+ old kids....and worse still if their being orphans is used as justification!!!

But what is the homosexual parents are in a stable and committed relationship? Do you still think that gay parents wouldn't be able to raise the child as well as the heterosexual ones?

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

true even i think homo is a psychological problem.  and ofcourse there should be measures taken to see whether they r taking care of the child properly or not. actually this applies to heterosexual parents also adopting the child.
Mockingjay1 thumbnail

true even i think homo is a psychological problem.  and ofcourse there should be measures taken to see whether they r taking care of the child properly or not. actually this applies to heterosexual parents also adopting the child.

I'm not sure if it's a psychological issue, but it sure is against nature.  And of course, measures would be taken and their background record should also be checked before adopting.

Originally posted by: Phoenix_3

But what if the gay couple are not married? And wouldn't homosexual environment model homosexual behavior in the child?

Also, doesn't every child have a right to a mother and a father?

if they r not married then only one person should be given the custody of the child. it is the right of every child to get a mother and a father. but what can be done if their real parents have abandoned them. i think the main need of every child is true love of parents, hetro or homo.

i dont think that the child will nurture homo behaviour in the child as he/she will meet other people in the world in school etc. and surely their parents wouuld not want to force their child to be homo.