Shahrukh detained in Newark Airpork for 2 hours!!! - Page 6

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by tpam

i dnt get wat vishal is talking abt! google srk's name? naam se kya hota hai? the most famous ppl r the ones who get involved in crimes and uses the famous tag as a safeguard ...  
it is gr8 that USA doesnt care abt stardom or superstardom wen it cums to security of their nation.. wats wrong in questioning ? national security comes first .. i m happy that USA is nt like the place where i live i mean India where there is no security and wen yu go out of ur home , u go out at ur own risk..

everyday we hear of blasts here and there... bt still their is no proper checking in malls, railway stations , airport etc etc.. and this country worships stars .. for gods sake stars r also human being , they also can b involved in criminal activities

well wat i wrote is nothing against srk .. i personally like srk , and i understand he being innocent must hav felt terrible with such a treatment.i kno it is terrbile and worst thing one can go thru.. . bt individual's feelings doesnt matter when it comes to security of millions of ppl..

I agree with you tpam in the sense that the same rules should apply to everyone and security is of the utmost importance. What this incidence shows to me however is that the US Security people (not sure what they are called) are not really doing that great of a job. What I mean by this is that these were 2 hours wasted on a person who has visited the US countless times.

The thing here is that people are detained often because their names sounds like or is in some way similar to a list of people who send of red flags in their security system. At such a point if you do a google search any officer would realize that this is in fact some other actor guy and not a sneaky criminal. When people are interrogated by security in the US, its usually guided either by matches to certain names of suspects, or if you are from a place like Palestine which sort of has a set image in the minds of the powers that be.

Apart from that racial profiling is a sensitive issue and we can't just dismiss it because of security concerns.
ammu at the airport, they treated Srk as he was a stranger. Okay if this was Srk first ever visit to usa, we can understand but Srk came to usa so many times. Why didn't they question srk during kank shooting or KHNH shooting? both movies came after 9/11 right? If not then, why now? It just doesn't make sense.
Originally posted by Zareena

ammu at the airport, they treated Srk as he was a stranger. Okay if this was Srk first ever visit to usa, we can understand but Srk came to usa so many times. Why didn't they question srk during kank shooting or KHNH shooting? both movies came after 9/11 right? If not then, why now? It just doesn't make sense.

It could have been a new airport. Honestly there could be a billion reasons for the check. And many people have to go through them, as embarrassing as they maybe. Its the reality of the world we live in. What I feel slightly worried about is that it took them 2 hours to figure out that this guy is not a terrorist or criminal of some kind. That should have been easier.
i absolutely agree with yu, infact i wrote in my last reply that rules shud b for all , nt for any particular sect or ppl ..

now wat i mean to say is tooo much noise is being made abt the incident .. it ws nt good really bad for SRK n for us who likes SRK ... bt wat is more worse is not checking properly and nt interrogating some1 just becoz he is a star ... one cant compromise with security

we here in kolkata , wen we visit malls , one security guard stands there " naam ke vaste " does nothing .. and it is we who feeel like " ohh why the fellow is not checking us properly? it willb  amongst us only who wil create havoc .. our faces doesnt prove anything, just becoz we luk educated and polished doesnt mean we wnt b involved in crime "

and thats my point of concern.. it is better to b treated for 2 hours than being blown up in ur own country... :(

if i ws in srk's place , i wud hav also felt terrible bt nothing can b done abt it , feeling terrible is better than getting killed, i m all for proper checking...

Priyanka Chopra Tweets: "Shocking,disturbing n downright disgraceful.Its such behavior that fuels hatred n racism.SRK's a world figure for Gods sake.GET REAL!!"

Shibani Bhatija: "If arguably the most famous Khan in the world (save Genghis) can be stopped at US immig how much worse is it for the ordinary Khans?"

Vishal Dadlani: "This is plain silly!! I mean, a quick internet search would tell them what they need to know about SRK!! Paranoia breeds stupidity, I guess!"

Riteish Deshmukh Tweets: "US Immigration- Please GOOGLE SRK."

i agree with this quotes....how dumb can they be...if SRK said he is a bollywood actor then juz google to find out whether it is true or not........🤪
What i want to know is...

Where were all the desi ppl at newark? Its like another mini india..

How come no one stood up for him!!?

If i saw him, I would be like Mr Khan!!! Autograph pleej!

Then i would have told the cops, he is famous see (shows phone after going on google and typing SRK)...
Originally posted by tpam

i absolutely agree with yu, infact i wrote in my last reply that rules shud b for all , nt for any particular sect or ppl ..

now wat i mean to say is tooo much noise is being made abt the incident .. it ws nt good really bad for SRK n for us who likes SRK ... bt wat is more worse is not checking properly and nt interrogating some1 just becoz he is a star ... one cant compromise with security

we here in kolkata , wen we visit malls , one security guard stands there " naam ke vaste " does nothing .. and it is we who feeel like " ohh why the fellow is not checking us properly? it willb  amongst us only who wil create havoc .. our faces doesnt prove anything, just becoz we luk educated and polished doesnt mean we wnt b involved in crime "

and thats my point of concern.. it is better to b treated for 2 hours than being blown up in ur own country... :(

if i ws in srk's place , i wud hav also felt terrible bt nothing can b done abt it , feeling terrible is better than getting killed, i m all for proper checking...

oh god mall security checking all over india is a joke. they just use that metal detector and even when it beeps they let you go in. i have a cousin whose name is kabir, and since its religiously ambiguous and our last names are slightly less known he has to do the extra security checks all the time. it annoys him, but then he also admits that if these things help then i guess we should go ahead.

true. wel we dnt kno the scenario, it can b either ways.may b discrimination as ppl r claiming to b ... now the matter is wat they actually thot and why they did it we sitting here cant really understand it is really terrible for srk , bt there is no other option other than trusting airport officials who r claiming that they did it for security reasons..

bt either way it wud hav been discrimination , if srk wud nt hav been detained , it wud hav meant just becoz he is a star he gets away with everything and this will send a wrong msg to others.
I don't think indian media will let go off this incident. They will drag to no end. But the good news is srk was there for 2 hours only, worse could had happened. I hope srk still would to usa after this incident. But rules should be for each and every passengers. Asking Srk for what reason are you here??😆
i think MNIK is also based on this topic only. right? discrimination based on religion in US? so could be that this was done b4 also and now this is blown out of propotion for publicity and proving that the story of the movie is true.
just a thought.