Shahrukh detained in Newark Airpork for 2 hours!!!

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
I just watched on the news that while traveling for the Independence day event in Chicago, Srk was stopped at the New Jersey airport for racial profiling beause his last name was Khan. ANd his secretary was allowed to go because he was hindu, but Srk and his bodyguard were detained!
And they questioned him for 2 whoel hours and wouldnt believe him when eh said he was an indian actor.
It was only when the Indian embassy called and vouched for him that they let him go!

Racial profiling is such a disgrace. I know coz my dad always had to go through it a couple of years ago, and it was humiliating to land from an eleven hour flight only to be taken into a stupid room to be questioned for even more hours because of your religion!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mango-frost thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
thas wat his movie MNIK is about rite...sumthing similar...its quite sad that they only detain ppl becuz of their religion....

its a good thing otherwise, to be on the safer side i mean...i remember going to india, and there was NO SECURITY there wat so ever, they just let me and my brother go thru without checking us...we were standing there waiting to be checked, and their like go go, dont stop the line, move it move it...it was unbelievable...its sad but seeing such carelessness in india makes me feel safer living here in north america...becuz atleast the security at the airports is much more tigher....but they shudnt just do it with a particular religion...anyone from anywhere can be a threat...this is the onli negative point about the security...
desigal90 thumbnail
Megha you dont understand. Srk never gave them any reason to detain him. He cleared all the security points and everything. Its just because of his last name, they took him into a room and just interogated him for 2 hours without any reason.
I understand if his behavior was suspicious or if he didnt clear any security points of if there was something in his luggage or bags.
But this was clearly done because he was muslim.
And the biggest sign was that he was travleing with his secretary and bodyguard. THe secretary was allowed to go becuase he was hindu. Srk and his bodyguard were detained coz htey were muslim.
Its so bad...
Enycedoll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
my dad and i traveled to pakistan in december 2 years in a row so last year in  december we had security waiting for us in front of the exit of the airplane 😲 ..so freakin humiliating!  All because of his name! and i asked the security why we're being stopped, and he said this is just a routine scan... (BS) so i said, is it because of his NAME? and he goes MAYBE, and said next time perhaps u shouldnt travel with ur father if you want to avoid being held up. i felt like a freakin criminal and theif. but ofcourse that isnt gonna stop me from going back again this year LOL
desigal90 thumbnail
I'm surprised that Saif also traveled for the same event with Kareena a day back.
But he's never had this happen to him. My parents were saying how its just luck that srk get detained, but Saif, who's last name is Khan as well, PLUS his middle name is Ali doesnt.
Its just really bad. Apparently tehre are certain names fed into their database that trigger suspicion.

desigal90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Enycedoll

my dad and i traveled to pakistan in december 2 years in a row so last year in  december we had security waiting for us in front of the exit of the airplane 😲 ..so freakin humiliating!  All because of his name! and i asked the security why we're being stopped, and he said this is just a routine scan... (BS) so i said, is it because of his NAME? and he goes MAYBE, and said next time perhaps u shouldnt travel with ur father if you want to avoid being held up. i felt like a freakin criminal and theif. but ofcourse that isnt gonna stop me from going back again this year LOL

Enycedoll we had something even more humiliating happen!
A couple fo years back, we were traveling to pakistan from california, and whiel going through the security, they took my entire family aside and said its just random routine security check. And htey had us go through this FRIKKIN AIR BLOWING MACHINE! Literally, it was very humiliating and VERY EMBARASSING, because you get into this glass booth, and then very high pressurized air is blown into you to detect bombs or something. And my poor mum had her salwaar kameez flying all over when it went off. ANd I felt like a frikkin animal because everyone else could SEE. And htey only singled us out coz, suprrise surprise, we're muslims and were traveling to pak.
Enycedoll thumbnail
^^Oh wow that sucks.

Enycedoll thumbnail
i had a college mate who was mistakened for a terrorist or something, he was detained for two weeks and then deported to turkey. poor guy came back and was absolutely devastated.
desigal90 thumbnail

Have you ever seen those glass booth thingies?

Lolz, I dont think they use em anymore. But just one experience was humiliating enough.
mango-frost thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: desigal90

Megha you dont understand. Srk never gave them any reason to detain him. He cleared all the security points and everything. Its just because of his last name, they took him into a room and just interogated him for 2 hours without any reason.

I understand if his behavior was suspicious or if he didnt clear any security points of if there was something in his luggage or bags.
But this was clearly done because he was muslim.
And the biggest sign was that he was travleing with his secretary and bodyguard. THe secretary was allowed to go becuase he was hindu. Srk and his bodyguard were detained coz htey were muslim.
Its so bad...

i do understand desu...i said its really sad that they single out ppl cuz of their religion and last name...its a pity really..