Users

Frequent Posters

-RushTrip- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
great stuff..blokes...

wow....

love the situation...
how when...are the words whirling in my head...
looking forward to things..happening...
blokes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
slow but steady- just realized that writing fiction is not as easy at it seems it takes time even if the story is in our head- the details are the devil.
radev24 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Hey M, I know that I'm in a very emotional state today like yesterday, obviously coz of these 2 episodes. I may or may not have told you, but I've been critiquing acting as a side hobby for as long as I can remember. So more than even the storyline itself of these 2 epis, what made me cry both days was the impact babuji's heartrending, superb, phenomenal, exceptional, out-of-this world... acting had on me (I know you know better superlatives, but u get the pic !!).

Having said that, I dont know if it's because of that, maybe partly, that two particular paras written with your pen in this Part, made me cry, actually like a baby, where you're saying  ~~ 

Ritu thanked God for all the blessings she was given, her friends, a life so beautiful, a world so fascinating and the most precious gift of life, lying kicking in her tummy and the cause of that, her Dev.

AND ...

But the missing was there. She caught herself turning looking for Dev to share the sunset with or the sudden rolling in of the fog. She missed sharing long chats over cooling cups of coffee as they rested after a long bike ride. She missed the biking. She missed his company. She missed him. Dev.

Look at the beauty, here. Only one word used to form a complete sentence...... DEV ..... I rest my case....

Like CB, I dont know if your / our Ritu is also going to be self-sacrificing type if she decides to keep such a wonderful news to herself....... Didn't even tell Matt even though she intended to.......

We're all going to anxiously wait for the next part, like we've been M-F for last 7-8 months, because our Dev is flying to SF, jahan he'll see his ritzy Ritz  (!) 1st time after 6 months.... right ?!

Kya yaar.... what a gift you have !!!!

~ P ~

(Oh, guys, I may be visiting my mom, brother, his wife and their son in Ohio, hopefully this weekend for about 2 weeks. My sis from b'bay arrived there earlier today due to Rakshabandhan.  Wahan computer sab kuch hai..... How can it not ??  My nephew, the engineer, is an internet buff !!!  Unlike brishti at least I'll have access to my CB, heeeee  !!! )

blokes thumbnail
🤗 radev. itni bhi emo hone ko kya hai- abhi cb mein twist sab gante kholne wali hain. thodi der thak yehi chalega. tho emo hone ki koi avashyaktha nahin!
have fun with ur family. am posting the next part now... enjoy.
blokes thumbnail
Part 10:

Matt called Ritu right back, "Hello, gorgeous. What's up?"

"Fine, Matt. Nothing really. I wondered if you have a photograph of Dev, perchance," enquired Ritu.

"Sure. Let me check my pictures on my laptop and print something out for you. I think I have some from the conference we attended last year where Dev gave this presentation about sustainable development in building communities. Tell me, what have you been up to? How come I haven't heard much from you? Are you trying to avoid me or something?"

Ritu gave a nervous laugh and replied, "Nothing like that Matt. It has just been busy at work and keeping the studio from getting too stuffed. I have no time to even go out over the weekends for my bike rides. I go for walks everyday, now that the bab…" and shut up.

"Yeah, you were saying, bay- what?"

"Nothing, Matt. So tell me. What was that call from Dev about? Is he fine? Has he settled down in his new life?"

"Well, guess what. You can ask him all these questions yourself. He will be here in a few days. We can all meet up in the city or if you wish, we can drive over to meet you in Berkeley. We could have dinner at that corner Veggie place off of University."

"What? Dev is coming here?" Ritu was thrilled. She had not dreamed of the possibility of ever seeing Dev again. She was overjoyed. But reality came crashing down on her. If she met him, she would be unable to hide the fact that she was pregnant. And then, again…

"Hel-lo! Matt to Ritz. Are you there?"
"Yes, Matt, am here. I was just surprised to hear that Dev will be here soon. I never thought that I would see him again. Well, I now need to go for my walk and then turn in for the night. I need to get to work early tomorrow. Thanks for calling. Let us make plans when Dev is here," and she put down the phone.

She was overjoyed with just the prospect of seeing Dev after so long. God knew just how much she had missed the sight of him, the feel of his arms around him, the touch of his fingers through her hair, teasing her earlobes and the sound of his voice when he spoke in those hushed whispers looking deeply into her eyes.
Dev proceeded down to breakfast and left for work before anyone came down after the impromptu music concert happening at the guest's quarters.

Maji entered the Guest room and was thrilled to hear her bahu be transported to a different realm. The song came to an end and Vishaka opened her eyes with a start. There was a deep silence as everyone slowly became aware of their surroundings.

Keshav stood up and went near Vishaka saying, "You have got to cut an album with me. Vish, we will be on top of the charts. I have always wanted to do an entire album on some rare compositions of some less- known poets from Braj. You and I can collaborate and take the music world by storm."

Vishaka's eyes lit up. Just then Maji came in and spoke to Keshav. "I cannot believe that we had such a talent hidden in this house. Thank you Keshav beta for bringing it out."

"Maji, please, meri ik binati suniye (listen to my request). Could you please send Vishaka with me to Mumbai for just a month? I want to record an album with her. She has not lost her touch and it will be a sure success."

"Lekin beta, hamare khandaan ke bahuen ghar ke bahar kaam nahin karte." (But our daughters-in-law do not work outside the home).

"Kis sadi mein reh rahin hain maji? (Which century are you living in Ma'am?) Women are becoming primary breadwinners in their families and you do not want to support your bahu's special talent? Ny denying her talent it si like denying Ma Sarasvati Herself. Please Maji, I will take good care of Vishaka. She is my sister, for goodness sake. I will ensure that she comes home safely. If you want, you can come along. I have a big enough home in Mumbai to have you all stay with me. Please say yes."

Vishaka turned pleading eyes to Maji and Maji saw the unspoken plea in them and slowly gave her assent.

Keshav hugged Vishaka and Deepika too as she was standing close by. Deepika was startled and found herself blushing. Keshav was surprised himself and prolonged the hug just a fraction more before he let go of Deepika. He quite liked the feel of her in his arms. Maji smiled on them all and asked Keshav what the plan is. She also said that Dev had to give his consent.

Vishaka could not believe it. Her dream was finally close to becoming reality. She wanted to pinch herself to see if she was dreaming or not. She hoped and prayed that Dev would agree.

radev24 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Moving along gracefully, M ! Let's see if dev permits Vish or not .... somehow I didn't get the picture of dev as a macho man, or domineering..... for maji to tell Vish for dev's consent.... besides he will be in SF anyway.... just wondering under what scenario ritu and dev will meet ......I like two separate love angles going on..... kesh and deepika ... and possibly  dev and ritu..... does kanha have a hand here too in bringing dev closer to ritu, me wonders.....

my 2c!
pop77 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nice part..Ritu going to see him..How about Dev give permission to Vishakha,,,
waiting for next part..
sanafsha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

nice nice... very nice.. plz continue... i like this.. =)

-RushTrip- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
very nice...

now ritu knows...dev is coming and might try to avoid him

lets see what happens..

me thinks dev will give permission to vish...he is not bothered one way or other and if she likes to sing..he will not say no...

blokes thumbnail
yeah- there was no question of a "dramatic" pause in this part of the story- more a "word limit"LOL! Dev is not the kind to say No to Vishaka. Actually, this ff is not dramatic as much as emotive. When two people love each other, there is a sense of connection that is felt that cannot go away despite distance or time.