Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-RushTrip- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
thanks for the update blokes...

enjoy reading the ff's more than the serial..

the ff's have more depth and emotion than the creatives can come up with..

i am so happy i joined this forum...so that i can not only learn but...find...better understanding of things in life..

oops...a bit philosophical..
gauranitai thumbnail
waw!!!! U'r great! I wanna know wat's gonna happen next- are dev-vish gonna get closer or is dev gonna meet Ritz. I'm glad to know that Radz is not in dis*sigh*
blokes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
rushtrip- yeah i am enjoying the ffs and even some video mixes done by desigirl mita- it is amazing the talent u find here. also such knowledgeable people like anu, jp etc. i suppose the idea of a forum is just this sort of a "hang out" place for a group of people to interact, have their independent conversations" but brought together on a basic common thread, in this case CB- so our heartfelt thanks to the creators of the show for providing the platform.
ptamom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Blokes

I have to agree with you.  i never though a serial would make me so meditative about my own life and introduce me to so many talented and creative people.  Thank you all for sharing your talents, whether writing analysis of the episodes, sharing your videos or writing this FABULOUS short story its really special.  Can't wait for the next part. Keep it going  Have to agree with Radev you have away with words  And Radev loved the antakshri idea.
sanafsha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
very nice... nicely expressed.. could feel that the singing was really good.. continue... thanks.. =)
blokes thumbnail
gauranitai- gee thanx. actually ritu is a different "take" of Rads- she is a girl who sees the silver lining in every cloud- very "flower childish" hippie kind of carefree spirit. Perfectly situated in berkeley- the birthplace of the hippie culture of free living! she never had characters like amma and devki in her life. in this story there is NO AMMA. there is sastri ji and his wife, devki but the mother is dead and gone. he does shraad for her:)
blokes thumbnail
aviaanya- thnx- truly appreciate the feedback and compliment. And yes, we r all fortunate to have formed such wonderful friendships here.

blokes thumbnail
sanafsha- I LOVE music and always wanted to try my hand at 'describing" sound through words. Found it very difficult, like trying to paint water with oils or describing color to a blind person.
blokes thumbnail
Part 9:

Berkeley. 5:30 PM

Ritu said her goodbyes and walked towards her bike. She unlocked the chain and wore her helmet. She rode down the street and was enjoying the wind against her face as she raced down the slope. She could feel the baby move as though he was enjoying the ride as well.

Her heart swelled with joy as her body expanded with this tiny miracle growing inside her. She remembered that she needed some fresh produce and quinoa. She was a vegan and had to rely on vegetable protein for the baby. Soymilk had become a problem during her pregnancy, causing flatulence. She had moved to Amaranth and quinoa and it had been good. And what would she do without daal?

She remembered the day Dev had taught her to make Daal. Her mother had been Hispanic and her father from India. Father was a bad cook. He lived in his own world of music and never bothered too much about what he ate, as long as it was vegetarian. Mother had made vegetarian beans and rice and thrown salads together when she was growing up. After their death, Emma's mother had made pastas and soups for her. She had never learned to make Indian food.

Dev was surprised that she did not know to make Indian food. He had taught her his staple daal recipe that was his speciality as a student in the US.

Ritu smiled as she decided to make daal for herself and her baby. The softly cooked moong made it easy on her and she did not have to worry about gas. She threw in more ginger than usual as it aided with digestion.

After a quiet meal, she recalled what Janet had told her today. She debated with herself whether she should let Dev know that he was going to be a father. She was not sure as to what to do.

She knew that Dev would leave everything behind and come straight to her if he but knew. She did not want him to do that. She understood that a new chapter had begun in Dev's life and there was no role for her in this new one. Her chapter with Dev was over and done with. She and he had reigned supreme there. There was no one else but them. She had no regrets.

But the missing was there. She caught herself turning looking for Dev to share the sunset with or the sudden rolling in of the fog. She missed sharing long chats over cooling cups of coffee as they rested after a long bike ride. She missed the biking. She missed his company. She missed him. Dev.

She stood up to do laundry and clean up the studio. She wondered what furniture she could get rid of to accommodate a crib. She was already gone 26 weeks and there were just 14 weeks left before her baby was due. She knew the last month would go too fast which left her very little time to plan her studio and transport.

The people at the shelter ordered her to take care of her baby and not come into work for 3 months after the birth. She smiled remembering Janet's scowl when she had said that. " You, young lady, will answer to Big Momma Janet, if you do not do as you are told."

Ritu thanked God for all the blessings she was given, her friends, a life so beautiful, a world so fascinating and the most precious gift of life, lying kicking in her tummy and the cause of that, her Dev.

She made up her mind and decided to call Matt. She knew he worked with Dev on their business and kept in touch regularly. It would not hurt to tell him. She could use some advice now.

She picked up the phone and called Matt.

He waited for Matt to pick up the phone as he shrugged into his jacket and got ready to work. On the second ring, Matt said, "Hello!"

"Matt, this is Dev. Just called to let you know that I have sent you the final proposal. Now you do the needful."

"Sure Dev. There have, however, been new developments at this end. I was on a call with the Bates' Board today. They were intrigued by our recommendation towards reducing their electricity consumption with the aid of reflectors. They wanted to meet you in person too. They felt that you may have new ideas when you see the project in all its entirety. They are pushing for a visit from you before they agree to our proposal and they confirm us. Do you think you can fly in this week for a couple of days? We can wrap this deal up then."

Dev was taken by surprise. "Sure, Matt. If I am needed there, I guess that means I need to get myself a ticket and fly out there."

"Hold it right there, Dev, am getting another call from, guess who- Ritz!"

Dev's hand shook. He almost dropped the phone. He took 3 deep breaths to calm his heart down that had started to beat violently. Matt put him on hold and switched lines to talk to Ritz.

Dev closed his eyes and wondered if it was a good idea to go to SF. He did not know if he wanted to see Ritz again or not. He knew he wanted to but whether he would be able to leave her after he saw her again was a question he could not honestly answer.

Matt said, "Hi, Ritz. How are you doing? Haven't seen or heard from you in over a month. Is everything alright? You will not believe who is on the other line as we speak. It's Dev!"

Ritu's hand shook as she heard Dev's name. So near and yet so far. He was on the other line with Matt and she on the other. Was this how close they could ever get in this life, anymore? Her resolve trembled and she did not know why she had called Matt in the first place.

"Matt, I am fine. I wanted to ask you something. But it is not very important. Why don't I let you go? Finish your talk with Dev. Tell him I said Hi. We can talk later," and disconnected the phone hastily.

She shut her eyes tightly and let the warmth of the memory of Dev wash over her.

"Dev, are you still there," called out Matt. Dev shook himself from his reverie and said, "Hmm. Yeah. Am here. So tell me, how is Ritz doing? Everything fine?"

"Yeah, she seemed fine. She said Hi. Alright then, let me know when you are flying in and I will come to the airport to get you."

"Ok, I will email you my itinerary as soon as my tickets are confirmed. Got to go now," and Dev signed off.

ptamom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
OMG.. I cant wait for them to meet.  I hope Matt gets to know the truth about the baby and  help.s her out.  Cant wait ......

Firl you are too good and honestly electricity consumption?  you r  too talented lol