||-Readers' Resort #1-||

Dark Love thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

^thanks to SaNyA_21 for the header!

*~*~*

Hey FicManiacs! πŸ˜›

Welcome to the Fan Fictions Reader's Resort! πŸ˜›

After several requests, we've finally decided to take a go at it! πŸ₯³

I'd like to give credit to bhoomikauttam for being the first to bring the idea up in the Suggestions/Feedback Box. πŸ‘πŸΌ

*~*~*

What's the purpose of the Resort? πŸ˜•

To give readers a chance to discuss the FF's they read and let them give their perspective on these FF's. 😳

*~*~*

Is this a spamming thread? πŸ€ͺ

*narrowed eyes* No 😊

*~*~*

Is this a chatting thread?
😳

In a sense yes. But that doesn't mean "Hey what's up? How's life" or "Gotta go Bye"...anything you say HAS to relate to FF's, nothing about shows is allowed either. (i/e So and so broke up with so and so in blah drama) ⭐️

*~*~*

What exactly can we do?
πŸ€”

Make requests, suggestions, critique FF's, share your likes/dislikes [on FF's], hold healthy discussions. 

*~*~*

What if I read and write? πŸ€“

Welcome aboard! πŸ˜›

*~*~*

Idea: You can give excerpts from your favorite FF's, and even give ratings out of a 5-point scale! (Hey, temporary rating scale! πŸ˜‰)

Something to get you kick-started:

- What's your favorite scene from an FF you've read?
- What's the track in your current favorite FF?
- What's its masala rating? ⭐️
- Romance rating? 😍

This is your chance to be completely honest and share your views...as long as you don't bash anyone.

Looking forward to your response! 😎

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Aria- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

Great idea. Thanks to everyone for getting this up and working.

Will get back to this post.
Not spamming hereπŸ€ͺ

Edit*

something i'd like to float out there- before you jump the gun- if its still an option, i knw its not tat creativeπŸ˜› but still Reader's Hub, another spur of the moment madness. But ya, what do I know of naming. Erm given my track record😳. Either way, the idea of this thread is awesome and now in hindsight much needed. Three Cheers for all those involved with it.πŸ‘(Edit* which now as I read the modz post is a done deal, all sealed so RR it is then)

My current favorite has to be Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, and I've been knocking on Sam's door for a while pestering for an update.πŸ˜† Its delightful how effortlessly Sam's managed to merge AR in business school and still be AR. if that even makes any sense..

I was a lil disappointed when Nj finished Unleashing..that was another gem. What I love about that one, is how I could visualise things even without being there, Armaan's home, his pain, Riddhima's frustration and her unparalled joy with a tint of fear..and then the scene at the airport, where Armaan surprises Riddhima has to be one of my fav scenes to date..that was a delightful read.

I suggest two more ffs, Kiran's green blue hues and Mia's Chance Encounter.

One of my all time fav fanfics has to be Bheegi's Definitely yes..maybe. For me being a romantic, as I was infamously called out in a room full of family, you have no idea how weird that gets when you are still in schoolπŸ˜†, this ff was just a treat. One of my fav scene was when Riddhima gets the glimpse of Armaan while still on the plane for the first time. I've been extra alert on flights eversince but no such luckπŸ˜† yet!

Cheers,
Aria
Edited by olive_green - 14 years ago
rapi_c thumbnail
this is a really a great idea..πŸ‘ hope to see many discussions here.. and read d favorite scenes of various readers.. that could work quite as a recommendation as well.. πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by rapi_c - 14 years ago
Make-It-Pop thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
oooo i like dis idea....
soundzz awsome

okay so my favorite scenes, well there are so many, from different ffs, but i do have fovorite writers.
Sam- a wonderful writer, along with the super popular ff, which i love to the core.
Swancy- Love her ff's... just to amazing...
Kashish- a die ehart fan of her ffs.
Rav- A great writer.
Aditi- her f is just simply great... i alway's wait for it...
Kat- her ff's are just speechless... they so so GOOOOOOD!πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by SaziArmaan - 14 years ago
-midnightsun- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
awesum idea... will be back
pickytg thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

=) well...theres no getting back...lets start this right away...

firstly....whats with the title? resort? dont we have enough of that thing for RM stuff on DMG? or just the same level of creativity like KS nick :D thats what we hold.....!!

I know mads...dont glare!

Read Set Ablaze ....by kratz...
i didnt like the new twist shes got in armaan....sure its hanging on a sword rite now...but there was a great image i had for him...and now its  just dust particles in place....!! :S
yet she has excellent timing...and strong bringin in whatever she rites....and its a wonder she has kept it attached so far...bravo gurl!

Bheegis...Pehcchan
not liking AR much lately...sumwer in the twist and turns that usually is her forte...the base chars are lost....i dont see them as a couple nemore...juss two souls fighting for reasons they prioritize more than anything else....and as far as i now its past half way...so this point...i dunno....its disappointing....hmm!!

(i hope i don't get kicked for this....ahhh *no-i pray-leave me*)

cheers! for this thread....bhoomi n mads..though its got its own bad odds....*hope no1 gets here for a discussion before reading the update...LOL*

nijaL

PS: nj ...this ones for you! :D

Edited by missypatel - 14 years ago
hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9
aha glad u started this madz  and yes i agree with nij
cud have done with some creativity in choosing the name,had one on my mind for long if u are still open for suggestions
but again  'readers resort' doesnt sound bad either :)

i havent  read many updates lately but the last i read was Sumedha's dwtt and olive green's random moments
also living with the stranger by Kaj
enjoyed the story so far and hopefully i'll get to read some new updates back to back

all you writers ,keep up the good work :)
and  of course the readers who make the efforts worth :D

Hina

bheegi thumbnail
[quote=missypatel]Bheegis...Pehcchan
not liking AR much lately...sumwer in the twist and turns that usually is her forte...the base chars are lost....i dont see them as a couple nemore...juss two souls fighting for reasons they prioritize more than anything else....and as far as i now its past half way...so this point...i dunno....its disappointing....hmm!!

(i hope i don't get kicked for this....ahhh *no-i pray-leave me*)

cheers! for this thread....bhoomi n mads..though its got its own bad odds....*hope no1 gets here for a discussion before reading the update...LOL*

nijaL[/quote]

No u won't be kicked but I am glad u think just like me. Because of the complexity of all the relationships, it was hard to show AR as a romantic couple right away. They are getting there. This story of mine is written the other way around...the hurdles come before the romance. I have always done the reverse before, so thought of trying something new. Give me 1-2 parts and AR romance will be there for all of u....let's get abhi out of the picture soon
Dark Love thumbnail
*exception*

*glare*

Too bad ladies, I've even got the sig made already πŸ˜† This wasn't exactly preplanned, I was just going through the suggestions topic again, got to Bhoomi's post and 10 minutes later came up w/a post. Even the sig was rushed, luckily I caught Sanya online just then.

So you'll have to do w/the title now!

AMAZING idea, Madiha! :) I LOVE the title. I'm sure members will appriciate the effort you've but into this.

Originally posted by: missypatel

firstly....whats with the title? resort? dont we have enough of that thing for RM stuff on DMG? or just the same level of creativity like KS nick :D thats what we hold.....!!

Firstly, what's with the rudeness? Honestly? Let's not forget, MADIHA is the viewbie of this forum, and she's the one who spends her time thinking of all this. So what is there's a 'Rahul Muskaan Resort'? Is that copyrighted? I think not. And she came up with this in the spur of the moment. Would you like it better if it was 'Readers Corner'? No, because it wouldn't go. Readers Resort sounds better.

Originally posted by: hinanaziri

aha glad u started this madz  and yes i agree with nij
cud have done with some creativity in choosing the name,had one on my mind for long if u are still open for suggestions
but again  'readers resort' doesnt sound bad either :)

Doing all this DOES require creativity, and Madiha HAS  done that.

What's done is done. Madiha spent time on this, so let's just appriciate and not complain. Especially about the title!

-sanya.