Twilight

FF: A Good Memory

-Precious thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
this is a one shot FF i hope you enjoy reading it do leave comments:

umm sorry i forgot to add this:

this story is from Rosalie's point of view. she describing the time she saved emmett

A Good Memory

The wind felt good in my face as I ran through the forest. It helped cool down the fire raging inside me. Usually when I hunted I disregarded small details like the cool wind blowing in my face or the clarity of the trees despite my speed. Today however I relied on every small detail to distract me from my rage. Carlisle had wanted us to hunt together today as we would be leaving later in the night to relocate somewhere else, but here I was hunting away from my family against Carlisle's wishes. The morning had started like any other. All of us were in our rooms doing something or the other to pass the night. I had heard Carlisle reading his newly acquired book in the study. Near morning he had come out to tell us that we would be hunting together to save time. Being new to this life I preferred hunting alone. I was thankful to Carlisle for saving me but this new life was hard for me and I was trying my best to adjust, which meant that most of my patience was almost always used up. The smallest spark could start up the fire and this is exactly what had happened today. I wasn't comfortable with the idea of hunting together. I didn't say anything however because I felt that fulfilling Carlisle's wishes was the least I could so for him. But one can't stop their thoughts can they? And even though I tried to get the thoughts out of my mind Edward was able to hear them. I don't know what his problem was but he always seemed irritated with me. He seemed really angry today and upon hearing my thoughts he started saying words like 'careless', 'selfish' and 'insensitive'. That was all it took to ignite the fire which made me run away from company till it died.

I caught a bear. Its blood did not completely quench my thirst but I knew it was the best a 'vegetarian' vampire could get. I was wondering whether I should catch another bear or not when I heard a bear in a distance. The thing that caught my attention however was the smell of human blood near the bear and then I heard a small moan. I just couldn't resist the lure of human blood so close by. Before I knew it I was rushing towards the bear and its helpless prey. I reached the bear to see him lunge on his prey once more, before the bear could do that however a hard blow in the stomach sent him flying into the trees where he lay unconscious. I turned to the human, ignoring the blood to the best of my ability, picked him up and ran as fast as I could to Carlisle. I was surprised that I could resist the blood of this human, but when I had seen his face I knew I had to save him. Although blurry I remembered that happy family of three, my friend Vera, her husband and their child Henry standing in the doorway that night. This human's face resembled Henry's to such an extent that it had pulled back this memory and had given me the strength to save him. When I reached Carlisle he took one look at my face, nodded and took the human with him into the cover of some trees to begin the changing process. Esme came to me and tried to calm me down. She took me home and Edward followed. Carlisle returned during the night carrying the human with him. I immediately felt much better. Carlisle wouldn't have brought him here if it was too late. Carlisle said that we would spend another few days here till the transformation was complete and the new born had understood the rules. I stayed in Carlisle's study that night beside the table where the human lay. I knew it was wrong to doom this human to the life I resented but I knew that my life would become a lot better with him in it and I had the feeling he would feel the same way.

Edited by Maryam.U - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Whose the "he" bella is referring to? I didnt quite understand how is the person getting transformed...isnt he suppose to be just injured?

Carry on!
-Precious thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Ambrosia

Whose the "he" bella is referring to? I didnt quite understand how is the person getting transformed...isnt he suppose to be just injured?

Carry on!

the story is written from Rosalie's POV not bella's😳 i added that in my post
nhhk thumbnail
Good job! Try doing more...Great Job!