Twilight

Eclipse to start shooting in August

TwilightLovee. thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

'Eclipse' To Start Shooting In August, Town Holds 'Twilight' Symposium

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --

There's no rest for the stars of the "Twilight" saga.

With "New Moon," the second film in the series, wrapped, the stars will head back to Vancouver to film "Eclipse" in August, Production Weekly reported.

Shooting for the sequel will run from August 17 to October 31, with David Slade ("30 Days of Night") taking the directorial reins from Chris Weitz, who is helming "New Moon."

"New Moon" is due on November 20, 2009, with "Eclipse" to follow on June 30, 2010. Plans for the film adaptation of the fourth book in the Stephenie Meyer series, "Breaking Dawn," have yet to be announced.

And in related news, the real-life town that serves as the setting of the novels, Forks, Wash., held a "Twilight" symposium last weekend that included a full-scale prom.

According to People, the town has become a Twi-hard tourist hotspot in the wake of the franchise's popularity. Fans who went through the $300 symposium were awarded with a diploma at a graduation ceremony in Forks High School's cafeteria, and the prom featured performances by "Twilight"-influenced fan bands such as the Bella Cullen Project, Bella Rocks and the Mitch Hansen Band.

Source: http://www.accesshollywood.com/eclipse-to-start-shooting-in-august-town-holds-twilight-symposium_article_20106

๐Ÿ˜ฒ Thats so quick! have they finished shooting new moon now then? ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜† And it comes out a few months after new moon, i'm so glad i won't have to wait too long for it๐Ÿ˜† What do you guys think? Do you think 3 months is enough to shoot Eclipse? ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜† I don't know, but i can't say much because i'm not a film director, producer etc. ๐Ÿ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I understand the reason for the rush but I don't think they can finish up Eclipse in months. Thats a lengthy book unlike New Moon. The shoot begins in august but we don't know when exactly the trailors come out.

Rob is done shooting for New Moon ages back. He will be back to shoot Eclipse once he is done with Remember Me. I am too excited for his return...as the Vampire *sigh*
Angelic_J thumbnail

It'll be enough because the cast will only be committed towards shooting for eclipse and once u have everyone together it doesnt take too much time to shoot a movie without break. Movies usually take long to shoot is when u have date problems with ur cast but in the case the whole cast has set aside everything else for eclipse and they'll all shoot together :)

Same thing happened with New Moon coz they only started filming in march end and they were finished by beginning of june or end of may๐Ÿ˜›
TwilightLovee. thumbnail
Ananya - Yeah, i guess so, cos its longer than New moon๐Ÿ˜† but who knows, cos Eclipse will have a new director then, the director might cut out bits from the book (i'm really hoping not) and make it shorter, which means it won't take too long to film. But i don't know, i've never shot a film before๐Ÿ˜† Ohhhh i see, yeah i want him back for Eclipse๐Ÿ˜†

Angelic_J - Yeah i guess so, its really good that the cast are really commiting :) i hate it when lazy actors take ages to film๐Ÿ˜† Oh so they have finished! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ Woah they did it quick! :D๐Ÿ˜†