Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Rajeev Khandelwal returns to TV with Sach Ka Saamna
Manisha Mahaldar / CNN-IBN

Mumbai: Television star Rajeev Khandelwal - who crossed over to cinema with Aamir in 2008 - is back on the small screen with a new game show called Sach Ka Saamna.

Rajeev will be donning the role of a show host for the desi version of The Moment of Truth. But unlike any of the participants of the show he's hosting, the actor himself would be uncomfortable facing questions about his personal life.

"As a celebrity I wouldn't want to bring my personal life in public, any which way my life is 24 hours under scrutiny, under the microscope. Maybe one day when I am not a public figure then I would like to test myself on the hot seat," he said.

Meanwhile on the film front, Rajeev is all set to wow his fans with his next titled Peter Gaya Kaam Se which will have the actor in a different look.

"The look in the film is wild. I had to tame my locks a bit for the few more shoots left. But while shooting, I haven't combed my hair, did not use any hair products and didn't even see a mirror through out the film," he said.

With one more film to prove himself at the Box Office and a challenging show to host, this certainly looks like it's the moment of truth for Rajeev Khandelwal, professionally.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/rajeev-khandelwal-returns-to-tv-with-sach-ka-saamna/97142-8.html
MoonDesir thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

'I'm in a relationship': Rajeev Khandelwal

The famous 'Sujal' of Indian television breaks through about his latest relationship status and past experiences...
Rajeev KhandelwalThe heartthrob of millions across the borders, Rajeev Khandelwal, who kickstarted his Bollywood journey with the unconventional 'Aamir' at a recent press conference confirmed that the young lass is no longer single and ready to mingle.

The actor with the chocolate boy looks conquered the audiences with the portrayal of 'Sujal' in the television soap 'Kahiin To Hoga'. Going through a circle, Rajeev is back to telly before his next film hits the theatres.

At a press conference to promote his latest TV show 'Sach ka Saamna', the Indian version of 'Moment of Truth', Rajeev revealed that there is a girl in his life whom he is currently dating.

When probed further on his relationship with co-actor Aama Shariff, Rajeev told the media that he has never denied the relationship but now the two are happy in their own lives. He also added that he has not been in touch with 'Kashish' for over two years.

The girl in question is still unknown, although it has been revealed that she is not from the industry.

Bhai, what can we say.. this Sujal has definately broken the hearts of many but we wish him all the very best for the future.

MoonDesir thumbnail

TV review: Sach Ka Saamna will put Star on the comeback trail

Priya Ramani - Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:50 AM

Trust an Indian television channel to market a risque, daring show as an agnipariksha.

Star Plus' Sach Ka Saamna, which begins tonight, is a fascinating look at the way we really live, behind all our put on hypocrisy and bland exterior selves. Was chatting with a couple of colleagues over coffee and we all agreed that the first half hour in Dev D was the best part of the film. Anurag Kashyap's interpretation of Paro as a regular bold, brash, horny desi girl from Punjab provided stunning insights into the way we actually are. Back then, actress Mahi Gill said she could identify with the character; that it was close to her heart.

Anyway, here's what I wrote about Sach Ka Saamna after seeing the first episode. Don't forget to catch it tonight!

Will Smita Mathai take Star back to No. 1?

She's the epitome of wedded bliss. Today she's dressed in a striking blue sari, this former teacher with a lovely smile (that fades rapidly as you watch her), two children and a husband of 16 years. A Sindhi married to a Christian. She's classic Incredible India. Incredible at hiding the garbage life has shovelled her way. Until, of course, television offered her the chance to win Rs1 crore in exchange for 21 truths about her relationship with her mother, her inner sexual longings and her childhood secrets and jealousies.

Thus far Indian television has never managed to successfully replicate the American-style intimate, confessional chat show format, a genre powered by Oprah Winfrey, arguably one of the world's most influential women. Indians just aren't brought up to confess on prime time television that they were raped by their uncle/neighbour when they were 11, or that they are having affairs with their wives' sisters. Family secrets, we believe, should be buried in the darkest recesses of our emotional selves.

Star India's sensational new show, Sach ka Saamna, the local version of the globally successfulMoment of Truth, manages to smash through this barrier with its deceptively simple format. All a contestant has to do is answer yes or no to any question the host asks. Twenty-one right answers and she's a crorepati. A lie detector test, taken prior to the show when the contestant is asked 50 questions, confirms whether the answer is right or wrong. How difficult can that be, right? And how dramatic can it be when she has already answered all the questions that she is going to be asked on the show?

It's tougher than you think. Especially when your family is sitting on the same stage, watching you spill your guts with a simple yes, no, yes, no. "The best part about this show is that you know all the questions and you know all the answers," says Star India's Keertan Adyanthaya. The channel screened people with interesting lives, those who had been through a lot. Adyanthaya says nearly 50% of the contestants backed out when they realized how far they would have to go-some of them quit after the lie detector test. Smita Mathai decided she would stay on.

In the first episode (catch it on 15 July at 10.30pm on Star Plus), she bravely answers many questions, including: Can you forgive your mother for not being there during the birth of your second child? Do you live in fear that your husband will become an alcoholic again? Do you think your mum-in-law was a better mother than your mother? Do you believe your parents love your brother's children more than yours? All this, while her husband, mother and two more family members watch from 5ft away.

And here's one for you, dear reader.

Would you ever cheat on your spouse if you knew he/she would never find out? There can be only one true answer to this question, if you don't fool yourself. After all, a large part of the reason we stay faithful to the loves of our lives is because we want to protect the long-term security of our relationship more than anything. We can't risk losing them. But if you knew for sure that you wouldn't lose them, why then, cheating would be just another guilty indulgence.

Alas, the Indian version of the show will have less sex and more emotion. But maybe that's the smart approach considering the show was recently banned in Greece on grounds of decency/taste. I'm almost certain that no contestant has won the big prize since this show went on air in the US last year. Incidentally, the US show was inspired by a Colombian show which also ran into trouble after a contestant said yes when she was asked if she had paid a hitman to kill her husband.

Star's yes/no brand of truth certainly seems more radical than Rakhi Sawant's attempts to play pastel princess on NDTV Imagine.

In the cut-throat world of general entertainment channels, Star Plus is bound to gain significant brownie points with this show. Then again, the executives at Colors are aware of the ratings potential of this show...maybe they have something planned?

Star's new show also goes head-to-head with Sony Television's new reality biggie Iss Jungle se Mujhe Bachao! that begins two days earlier, on 13 July, at 10pm. When viewers have to pick between Mathai's secrets and a B-grade celebrity trapped in a Malaysian forest, who will they chose? I'm placing my bets on Mathai.

http://blogs.livemint.com/blogs/first_cut/archive/2009/07/15/tv-review-sach-ka-saamna-will-put-star-on-the-comeback-trail.aspx

Surya.Ravi thumbnail
thanku for the article..😊
Edited by sun_423 - 14 years ago
MoonDesir thumbnail

Rajeev Khandelwal discloses his love

Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 12:23 

Well this news can break the heart of many females but it's true that Rajeev Khandelwal is no more single and therefore not ready to mingle. At the press conference of Sach Ka Saamna he confessed that he is seeing someone. When asked about his past relationship (Aamna) or whether he would invite her to the show, Rajeev replied, "Why are you all still stuck with that. I never denied about her, but now I just don't want to say anything as I haven't met her since two years. Right now, I am in a relationship and feeling good about it. "

"Even I do plan to get married and settle down. About Aamna all I can say is that she has her own life and I have my own," he adds further. The actor cum host further refused to divulge any information about his girlfriend. We just know that she is not from this industry. Rajeev was once a desirable bachelor but not any more? The one who was the heartthrob as Sujal of Kahin Toh Hoga has broken many hearts with this news. Isn't it?

Edited by pgsks - 14 years ago
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Guys there is a article in the Telly Buzz about SKS & Rajeev...
http://india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=5067
MoonDesir thumbnail
i think Sun_423 ll give da update abt SBS. 😊

i am saying abt his interview on E24.

it started like-T.V ka sabse bada sitara phir ek bar chote parde par chamkega by SKS n said abt C.G.
raj- every actor wants 2 work wi8 Big B,meri bhi baht iccha thi ki mein BIg B k saath kaam karoon,aur isliye ki bhi woh jis sreni(class) k actor hain ush sreni k actor bahat kum industry mein aaye hain.

raj praised vidya by saying her beautiful n bahat acchi ladki,n bahat achi actress. der r few actress who r very simple, unki khubsuruti unki simpicity mmein hai.

abt SLB s mother he said- mujhe sirf itna maloom hai ki jabhi mein unk ghar gaya toh unhone mujhe ashirwad diya ,duayein di,pyar diya,aur bahat hi snehpurbak(deep hindi 😕 )mujhe khana bhi khilaya. 😛

repeat ll b on NEWS 24 at 4.30Edited by pgsks - 14 years ago
Aamnakideewani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: pgsks

TV review: Sach Ka Saamna will put Star on the comeback trail

Priya Ramani - Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:50 AM

Trust an Indian television channel to market a risque, daring show as an agnipariksha.

Star Plus' Sach Ka Saamna, which begins tonight, is a fascinating look at the way we really live, behind all our put on hypocrisy and bland exterior selves. Was chatting with a couple of colleagues over coffee and we all agreed that the first half hour in Dev D was the best part of the film. Anurag Kashyap's interpretation of Paro as a regular bold, brash, horny desi girl from Punjab provided stunning insights into the way we actually are. Back then, actress Mahi Gill said she could identify with the character; that it was close to her heart.

Anyway, here's what I wrote about Sach Ka Saamna after seeing the first episode. Don't forget to catch it tonight!

Will Smita Mathai take Star back to No. 1?

She's the epitome of wedded bliss. Today she's dressed in a striking blue sari, this former teacher with a lovely smile (that fades rapidly as you watch her), two children and a husband of 16 years. A Sindhi married to a Christian. She's classic Incredible India. Incredible at hiding the garbage life has shovelled her way. Until, of course, television offered her the chance to win Rs1 crore in exchange for 21 truths about her relationship with her mother, her inner sexual longings and her childhood secrets and jealousies.

Thus far Indian television has never managed to successfully replicate the American-style intimate, confessional chat show format, a genre powered by Oprah Winfrey, arguably one of the world's most influential women. Indians just aren't brought up to confess on prime time television that they were raped by their uncle/neighbour when they were 11, or that they are having affairs with their wives' sisters. Family secrets, we believe, should be buried in the darkest recesses of our emotional selves.

Star India's sensational new show, Sach ka Saamna, the local version of the globally successfulMoment of Truth, manages to smash through this barrier with its deceptively simple format. All a contestant has to do is answer yes or no to any question the host asks. Twenty-one right answers and she's a crorepati. A lie detector test, taken prior to the show when the contestant is asked 50 questions, confirms whether the answer is right or wrong. How difficult can that be, right? And how dramatic can it be when she has already answered all the questions that she is going to be asked on the show?

It's tougher than you think. Especially when your family is sitting on the same stage, watching you spill your guts with a simple yes, no, yes, no. "The best part about this show is that you know all the questions and you know all the answers," says Star India's Keertan Adyanthaya. The channel screened people with interesting lives, those who had been through a lot. Adyanthaya says nearly 50% of the contestants backed out when they realized how far they would have to go-some of them quit after the lie detector test. Smita Mathai decided she would stay on.

In the first episode (catch it on 15 July at 10.30pm on Star Plus), she bravely answers many questions, including: Can you forgive your mother for not being there during the birth of your second child? Do you live in fear that your husband will become an alcoholic again? Do you think your mum-in-law was a better mother than your mother? Do you believe your parents love your brother's children more than yours? All this, while her husband, mother and two more family members watch from 5ft away.

And here's one for you, dear reader.

Would you ever cheat on your spouse if you knew he/she would never find out? There can be only one true answer to this question, if you don't fool yourself. After all, a large part of the reason we stay faithful to the loves of our lives is because we want to protect the long-term security of our relationship more than anything. We can't risk losing them. But if you knew for sure that you wouldn't lose them, why then, cheating would be just another guilty indulgence.

Alas, the Indian version of the show will have less sex and more emotion. But maybe that's the smart approach considering the show was recently banned in Greece on grounds of decency/taste. I'm almost certain that no contestant has won the big prize since this show went on air in the US last year. Incidentally, the US show was inspired by a Colombian show which also ran into trouble after a contestant said yes when she was asked if she had paid a hitman to kill her husband.

Star's yes/no brand of truth certainly seems more radical than Rakhi Sawant's attempts to play pastel princess on NDTV Imagine.

In the cut-throat world of general entertainment channels, Star Plus is bound to gain significant brownie points with this show. Then again, the executives at Colors are aware of the ratings potential of this show...maybe they have something planned?

Star's new show also goes head-to-head with Sony Television's new reality biggie Iss Jungle se Mujhe Bachao! that begins two days earlier, on 13 July, at 10pm. When viewers have to pick between Mathai's secrets and a B-grade celebrity trapped in a Malaysian forest, who will they chose? I'm placing my bets on Mathai.

http://blogs.livemint.com/blogs/first_cut/archive/2009/07/15/tv-review-sach-ka-saamna-will-put-star-on-the-comeback-trail.aspx

thnx 4 the article yaar this show is quite bold family k saath dekhna mushkil hai😕
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Today SBS had Rajeev & SKS for almost 20 minutes.. First they showed Rajeev's make over, & all that stuff.. then they showed the sets of SKS. then his clothes designer was talking about his clothes & what sort of things & look he will be having on the show.. this is just a over view of today's SBS..I'll try & post the video soon...😊
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Guys watch Saas Bahu Saazish tomorrow that is the 16th of July as the host was saying that Rajeev is going to be there for a live chat on the show..😊

Edited by sun_423 - 14 years ago