What did you like about New Moon

Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago
I just simply cannot pick a favorite though I have read the 4 book over and over again[ I have strated to read the saga from the very beginning yet again๐Ÿ˜†].
Each book had it's own exciting parts. Each book made me cry and laugh. I love them all the same amount, each one in a different way. 

Here is what I liked about the 2nd book: New Moon

Those four pages with just the names of the months on them were some of the saddest four pages I've ever read, the word heartwrenching would describe what I felt.Without Stephenie's fantastic writing in the middle of the book, we wouldn't be able to feel Bella's heartbreak, and thus the resolution of the story wouldn't be nearly as profound or moving. Even though Edward isn't around and being not a big fan ofJacob Black ,all that is worth it just to be able to rejoice with Bella and Edward when they finally discover what it means to be in love๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘.This is probably what I liked best in New Moon.

I want some positive comments from you guys. the movie is releasing soon and it would be good to read what you liked best in the book๐Ÿ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soul76 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think Absolutely loved the "hole in my heart theory" by Stephanie for Bella. The way she just lies there in the woods after Edward is gone the rain, the inability to move, the unawareness of time moving it was so heart felt I wanted to reach out in the woods and hug her. Also the aftermath that followed the numbness, the catatonic Bella irrelevant of the world... unable to breathe every time she thought of him was despairing. We didn't get to know Edward's part of misery but I'm sure he must've gone through the same or I guess ten folds more of the pain. Bella's desperation to hear his velvet voice in her head, the sudden spurs of recklessness and the consequent growls of Edward's voice in her mind....I could understand all of it. The need, the desire, the want to just be able to hear him, see him, hold him. The horror that if she moved anywhere besides Forks he might just cease to exist in her life. Like he said "It'll be as if I'd never existed" and that was exactly what Bella was trying to avoid. She knew he was for real, true and very much in existence. 

Then she found life or a part of it in her friend Jacob Black... though I must admit I hated her for screwing it, she should've been more rigid, more straight forward instead she mellowed afraid of life after Edward. There was a certain time they could've kissed and I would've never forgiven her for that, thankfully it never came to that. There were other things to focus on like Jacob's puberty and the oven hot gene in him that morphed him in a wolf from a human. Were wolf, the feud, the enmity, the treaty too much to constrained, too emotional, too frustrating I felt for Jacob it was the most crucial time of his life and being in love with Bella didn't make it easier.

Then ofcourse the Voulturi Rosalie's stupidity on jumping to conclusions, Alice's haste most heart wrenching Jacob's pleas though it was very obvious he was only second best. Edward had always been the first and always would be. The flight to Italy and the run to save Edward it was a relief when Edward looks at Bella in disbelief thinking he's dead "Carlisle was right. They did it so fast I didn't even feel a thing" I wanted to laugh at that point but the impending danger was nerve freezing with Felix and Demetri keeping close vigil. Ofcourse then the meeting the Vamp heads Aro, Caius, Marcus. Aro's selfish desire to make Edward and Alice join the Voulterra and using Bella as the bait. It was sick with little Jane torturing Edward good thing none of that rubbish worked on Bella, Edward would've hated himself till his death if that were to be possible. The way back was though painted red with the group of tourists being lured to the Voulterii as food by Heidi but it was soothing in the sense that Edward had Bella in his arms right till they reached Forks and Charlie's house.

I think the best was the reconciliation of Edward and Bella when she awakens he is beside her and she thinks its still a dream when she cries and says "I knew it I'm still dreaming" and he laughs at her innocence. The awe struck recognition of the fact that Edward was there with her for good was as aptly written by Stephanie as one would've wanted after such a lot of heart break. The way he kisses her, tells her he won't ever leave and sings her the lullaby it was touching, moving, a dream come true. The best part though was she asking the Cullens to vote... Edward got out voted and boy was I happy about it. Atleast she got to make Carlisle promise her to change her after graduation and oh Edward proposed..... dang just made it more beautiful. I think even when I'd have wanted to smack Bella and kick someone basically Jacob I understood them all. It wasn't hard to understand what they all wanted so desperately. So in the end I could'nt stay mad at anyone not even Bella.... which I should've though. But I'm happy I was able to see their problems perceive their sentiments and love them all equally despite their flaws... though I love Edward all the more for the gentleman he is...... he's got to be the sweetest most beautiful vamp on earth.... all credit to Meyers. Good job woman. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by blind horizon - 14 years ago
eshaaax3. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
well, i ve got a lot to say bout NEw moon!
First off, i thought new moon was different, well it was different then twilight, but different as in a different feeling, a different life i guess.

NEw moon was heartbreaking, Bella's condition after Edward left was very sensitive and critical, those four pages with the list of months were very, captivating in a way, making me read more,. The second thing is Jacob. As much as i am in love with JAcob Black. I did feel some sort of pain for him. Though most people say Jake ruins everything, like he's the stone between Bella and Edward's relation, i dont blame him, for him going through a whole transformation and being in love with Bella made everything worse for him.  He had so much to think bout as well, the whole transformation, the treaty, the other wolves, the everything, he doesnt noe where he needs to go, whther it was stay with bella, or stay true to his wolf-brothers.
Secondly, i liked the part when JAke wanted to stop Bella from going to the Volturi. I mean it sounds wrong to stop someone to go and save the love of their life. I liked how Jake didnt want BElla to go theire, fearing she might end up getting hurt.........
Im just genna say that Stephenie Meyr made me cry  when i read NEw moon, whther it was cuz iof JAke, broken love, or the voltuir. Maybe that's why this is my favorite book., after eclipse.
-Esha Jacob Black
Esha TAylor Lautner
Angelic_J thumbnail

The only saving grace of new moon was Jacob Black and him alone๐Ÿ˜ƒ and taht was the only part I actually liked๐Ÿ˜†

Larae thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i loved the end where edward and bella reunite and the plane ride back and then the vote also when he asks bella to marry himEdited by meharbibi - 14 years ago
eexxoottiicc thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
To bes honest New moon was my favourite from all the twilight series. Besides by obsession with Jacob ๐Ÿ˜† i loved Bella and his chemistry. Many people aren't looking forward to New moon since there's no Edward in it, but as for me I cannottt WAIT to watch it!

I think New moon actually made Jacob a very significant character in the book and will do in the movie too.