jnawaz thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Issue #15

Show Happenings

Weekly Summary
jnawaz

So this week we were introduced to the family post 6year leap.

The Jhuneja's are all living in Canada now. We are introduced to the family through Vikas (Kiran and Kulraj's son) as he goes around the house. Lallu is very much missing his home land and yearns to go back, which Vikas also wants to do. Kulraj and Kiran are ever the same loving couple. Their daughter Tanu on the other hand is a completely white washed as ever. Harman and Maya are not on good terms as she is working and he stays home all day. This doesn't sit well with Maya. Preet and Meher on the other hand are doing well, they have a daughter, Gungun'who I think is the complete copy of Meher. Gayatri and Lallu are not on good terms either. Prem is always busy at work and is rarely home because of the animosity in the house regarding him

They have a karva chaut scene where Meet are cute as ever! Maya uses this opportunity to insult Harman for not working and sitting at home all day. Gayatri ends up breaking her fast by using Lallu's picture. She feels sorry that her family is so broken despite the fact that they are living together, they are not one.

Lots of Meet scenes. Preet is going to work and looking for his coat which Meher gives. They have a cute little moment about how Preet is her suhag but its interrupted by the horn for Gungun's carpool. Another scene is when Preet is having a video conference when Meher comes in and hugs him, calls him Gulabjamun and Rasgulle. When she finds out he was on video conference she is shocked and embarrassed. Preet begins teasing her and they end up on the bed together only to be interrupted by Kulraj's yelling at one of her kids. Preet tells Meher that she doesn't need to help because everyone has their own lives. Meher says that he has changed so much since they moved. Preet says how can he not because his brother, who he idealizes has fallen from grace and they have no idea how Heer is doing.

During this Heer is back in India planning a wedding, it seems like hers but its not. She wants to book a hall at the Jhuneja hotel. There are some issues with that so the hotel manager calls Lallu in Canada. Lallu tries to divert the call to Prem but once he hears Heer's name he is shocked. He ends up having an attack of something (health issue). He then tells his three boys to go to India, since he can't, and bring him three things. The boys leave for India.

Heer on the other hand is waiting for Raj, the groom. Raj runs into Prem at the airport and asks to use his phone. Raj calls Heer but loses connection. When Heer calls back she talks to Prem but neither is any wiser about that fact. At one point Raj and Prem are sitting and chatting on the plane. Once they get off'the brothers each go their separate ways. Raj invites Prem to his wedding. Heer finally sees Raj and as they are talking'we see Prem step out onto Indian soil and Heer has a sense of something (like K3G).

Important Links
jnawaz, Dhruvie, Joytix, sourpuss, Andhara13, -Nansy-
Updates
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday

Other
June 29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40LI0VGHIt0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XkIlOGN1ts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-yIa4ZTbE4

July 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtRjobOG0HM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlDzc9ehwtg

Scene of the Week
shabo24 & jnawaz

Couple

This week had a scope of freshness in it no? Just like from the beginning? The anticipation, the base kind of of an eternal love story. Just from a different point of view. So far the show has been looking better, and couple wise - full of scenes. Right in the beginning, we caught a glimpse Kulraj flirting but this week we were treated to an overdose of Meet who seemed to have taken on the role of SRK-Kads with their own flair added into it! Although there seems to be a bit of tension revolving around this couple, we stil got our fingers crossed! And coming to out couple in the spotlight, we are all breathing in anticipation of what the show could bring in reference to Premeer, who should be given a special mention for their "cross-connection" Really wanna see that Premeer magic again, pining out hopes in next week then!

Family

This week in terms of family, not much is going on. The Jhuneja's are apparently no longer one happy family. However, the scene that I enjoyed was the one where Lallu was telling his three boys that they had to repay his karz. It was a sad scene but so powerful! The way he ordered the three boys to bring India to him in the form of Prasad, Ganga jal and mitti, it was awesome. The three boys'or should I say men'really stepped up to the plate in fulfilling their fathers 'last wish''the scenes of Preet, Prem and Harman in the airports'walking down the halls'woah! That was a treat for the eyes for sure! Hopefully next week the show isn't so somber. One can always hope.

Dialogue of the Week
loveabletwinz

What a brood of episodes this week eh? Lots of things going on! We got quite a few good dialogues this week! We usually tend to have good ones after a leap :-D There were a ton of good dialogues this week actually, and its a teeny bit hard to choose one.. but without further ado *wink*, here's your Male and Female DOTW for this edition!!

Male

"Mera desh, mera shehar'Ambala. Maa Amba Bhavani ki mandir ki dharti. Amoon ka shehar, jahaa amoon ki mitaas rishtoon mein bhi nazar aati hai. Guruduware ki ardaaz kano mein ek nayi subha ghul jati hai. Yaha insaan ki aukad rishte tay karte hai, paise nahin. Yaha insaan ke paas kuch ho naa ho, ek cheez bohot hai'Pyaar. Aaisa desh hai mera" -Lalit

The moment I heard this dialogue, I knew it had to be in the run for DOTW! These are really some of the best lines I've heard in a long time! Especially for people living outside of the country, these lines mean so much! I tell ya, these lines touched a string :-D Very beautiful lines! It describes India to the T! A Land of mysteries, age-old tradition and customs, a world in itself! Old as well as modern, good, bad and ugly, rich, poor and in between..India is simply a Mini-world in itself! This has to be one of Lallit's better lines! Prem had a few good ones in Friday's episode too...speaking of which..what a way to end the weekend eh?!?!

Female

"Voh ladki thi Heer, Ambala ki rehne wali. Aur ladka tha Prem, pardes ka rehne wala. Bachpan mein hi jud gaye the un dono ka rishta, par jawani tak mil nahin sake dono. Bohot archane aaye, mushkilein aaye, paar unhe toh milna tha naa. Humdum chahe jid desh mein se guzarte, chahe jis pardes se'akhir dono bane the joh ek dusre ke liyeh." - Jugni

I wanted to give Jugni a break from the DOTW this week, but she stole it again  I liked Meher's "Preet..hum yaha ke nahi hain hum us des ke hain ,jiski miti ko ma mana jata hain" dialogue. I wanted to go for the two patriotic dialogues this week, but Jugni's dialogue had a different kind of flavour to it! There is always a new excitement that comes along with a leap, and her dialogue just added more zest to it *wink*. It was nice to be reminded of what Preemer were before all that drama took place...They remind us of all the highs and lows our Premeer have had to go through..and also reminds us that no matter what, at the end, Premeer are destined to meet! Quite refreshing :-D

OMG/Disappointing Moment of the Week
jnawaz

For me'the biggest shocker'well'there were two!

First one'Maya and Meher are friends! That whole scene of Maya handing Meher a pair of socks for Gungun was just unreal. They were all buddy buddy-ish'I don't even know what to say about it. I was like, is this for real'no way!! It was fun and interesting but odd. This is the same pair that had only insults from Maya's end and indifference from Meher's end. But hey, as long as Maya isn't an evil Witch'I've got no issues with her.

The next scene, or collection of scenes, that shocked me was the Jhuneja men's reaction to Prem. Preet pretty much has stopped talking to him as has Lallu. Harman seems indifferent but still. The Preet who always praised Prem is now not even looking at him. It breaks my heart to see what has become of Prem and his relationship to his family. He is completely ruined and his family couldn't be bothered. Lallu doesn't talk to him or eat dinner with him. Preet cant stand the thought of spending any time with him'he had to go so far as to get a separate seat on the plane. Yeh kya hogaya? This is why, those scenes are also the most heart breaking and disappointing scenes of the week. Prem ne kuch nahin kiya, hum jaante hai. Yes they think he is guilty, but really'its been 6 years'cut him some slack naa?

It was hard to see how the once golden boy of the family has turned into the black sheep...its so hard to see that the person that was once the center of the family has now been cast aside like yesterdays trash...i mean...*sigh*...main kya bataoon...i cant explain it all...but i have so much to say

Warm & Fuzzies
jnawaz

Our regular reporter had some other commitments so we don't have a section. But, if you want that warm and fuzzy feeling'I suggest'watch the Meet scenes'over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over'.i think u get the idea'lol'

Shining Stars of the Week
jnawaz

Character

This goes to two people'our lovely Jodi'Meet! I loved them this week'It seems like their characters have really grown and evolved the most with the leap'they went from being friends to being a really married couple'with kids and everything'I am upset that we missed so much of their relationship though'like all the little nuanced we had a chance to see before the leap'imagine how Preet would have treated Meher when she was pregnant'all that good stuff'but hey'we cant do anything to change what is done'they simply rocked this week..kept the show alive.

Actor

Harshad and Aditi'they both very nicely showed their new avatars. Harshad is one smoking devdas character and Aditi is beautiful in her new bubbly avatar'I am really looking forward to this coming week'so much potential for drama'and they guys are great!!

Balaji Bloopers
Garima93 & Bul3

Monday's Episode:

Same Friday episode for more than half of the episode.But because last week there was no blooper section,I am mentioning the blooper of Heer leaving Ludhiana from Ambala Station.This blooper was spotted by almost everyone.

Tuesday's Episode:

At the very beginning of this episode Ketan is saying some dialogues and then says that "ayeye mein aapko apni famly se milata hoon"..if you notice his handycam is closed till now so I wonder to whom was he talking ??

In this episode body double of Gayatri was used.

Also special mention to bad picturisation of Canada esp. in the introduction scene of Prem,..the buildings shown in the background  looked so fake and posterish.Also many forum members who are from Canada said that the current j-zoo mansion is nothing like homes in Canada architectural wise.

Also moon was shown present in the sky at the same time in India and Canada.Though Prem said that moon is setting here and rising there but I don't think that at the time when moon in Canada sets,it rises in India.

Wednesday's Episode:

Prem's car is shown with name plate where the number starts with CN(supposedly meaning Canada) but in Canada car number does not start like that.Also Canada has left hand drive but in the show it was shown right hand drive.

The tattoo on Ketan's hand was nothing like an actual tattoo.It was either a temporary tattoo or to me more like a drawing(the one which we see peple having  during  cricket matches..lol)

Thursday's Episode:

In this episode we saw use of too much body doubles-body double of Preet,Kiran and Meher.In the scene where everyone is in the hall waiting for doctor's report ,we can easily notice the use of body doubles.

Also they showed doctor coming at home in Canada for check-up of Lallu but in Canada doctors don't come at home to check patients.In case of emergency you can call an ambulance which comes along with fire brigade and police.

The Canada airport shown looked too fake and small.(It was the BT city hospital set.) .Once again bad picturisation of Canada.

When Heer told Jugni about the wedding and left,the wedding card fell from Jugni's left hand,but in the very next scene when she was delivering some dialogues,it was shown in her right hand..from left hand to ground to right hand..all I would say is bad editing.

Friday's Episode:

We all know that the shooting of plane scene was done in a Volvo bus coz SBS showed that in its segment on july2nd but still couldn't stop myself from mentioning the thermacol windows of the plane which looked very funny to me.Also while Prem was shown wearing a high-neck with velvet coat in plane ,Yuvraj was shown wearing half-sleeves shirt.

Again a big blooper regarding bad information about Canada was showing that the flight time to reach India from Canada is 8 hours but it actually takes at least 16-18hours to reach India from Canada or vice-versa via normal plane.

SO here comes the end of this week's blooper section.I hope I didnt missed any bloopers.The credit for major part of this week blooper section goes to deshians who are origally from Canada  like Shifali,cutiepreet and some more members coz it was they who spotted all the bloopers regarding Canada and provided with the factual information. Thank you guyz!!

Fashion Icon of the Week
jnawaz

Women of Kis Desh!

I loved the suits and the hairstyle that Meher was sporting this week. She looked gorgeous! The colors were good, her makeup was great and her smile'haye haye'the cuttings were so nice I really liked the way she looked. And of course'Heer'a special mention. She looked so grown up in the sari, wow! And the bright suits complemented her new bubbly character! I cant wait to see what they have in store for us now. Even Maya was rocking the business professional look, she could totally take on a board room full of guys and give them a run for their money. I have to admit, even Gayatri looked nice in the sari and shawl she was sporting. They did a great job for outfits this time around, let's hope they keep it up. The just need to give Kulraj an update'she's had the same suits and hairstyle for the past 6yrs'lol

Chat Patta Fun

Comic Relief
jnawaz

This week once again'I come with a clip'had too much to do for this issue so I couldn't give time to my own section'I promise one of these weeks'ill be back with a good old CR'maybe next week'but enjoy this in the mean time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW3gJFrZ4hY

Special Awards
jnawaz

1. In Yo Face Award: 'goes to'*drum roll*'W3! Omg'as much as it hurts me to see Prem so depressed and hurting'I have to say'IN YOUR FACE Gayatri!!! Ussne kya kuch nahin kiya'to get Heer out of the house'aab dekhliya uska natija! Not one person in your family is happy'not your husband, not your sons'definitely not prem. The Prem you did all of this for has turned into a recluse and a loner. He is dying of guilt and pata nahin aur kaunse feelings!! You ruined his life without so much as a second thought!! Serves you right that your family has broken'what will it take for you to realize that Heer was the glue that held the family together'WHEN!?!?!

2. The Cute Couple Award: '.goes to'*drum roll*'MEET (no points for guessing'lol)'but haila'what made this week bearable had to be Meet'their scenes gave some spice and life to this week'they were funny, romantic and just'CUTE'all the time. They have a child so obviously things are well for them'which is awesome to see! Im glad that their relationship has blossomed in the past 6 years'they are moving forward'none of that "we are friends" crap that we had to deal with post shaadi'lol'they rock'just 'haye'awesome!!  

3. Devdas Award: 'goes to'*drum roll*'PREM! Kya se kya bangaya humara Prem'we know he is innocent and he needs to find that out soon'I mean come on'I cant take seeing him all dejected, rejected and depressed!!! His family has turned their back on him'he is missing the love of his life'haye haye'.yeh kya hogaya?? Kitna kush tha humara Prem'aur aab'ek smile ki toh koi umid hi nahin'bechara'don worry Prem'we still love you!!

Weekend Masti
coolfattin & jnawaz

Jokes

Nihaal's English

For your kind information and technology

I know English Medium very well.

I can talk English.

I can see English.

I can do English.

Thanks,

Mention Not

Ketan at School:

Teacher: Tum bade hokar kya karoge?

Ketan: Shaadi

Teacher: Nahin, mera matlab hai, kya banoge?

Ketan: Daddy!

Prem's Stupidity:

Prem: I've been sending emails to William Shakespeare.

Lallu: William Shakespeare is dead.

Prem: No wonder he hasn't replies, as well.

Game

Kis Ki..

Simple game…you use someones name (from the shown) that is given by the person above you and relate them to another character on the show..sounds confusing…but its not…here is an example…

Ex: Maya KI…gardener paati = Harman

Maine bola naa…simple hai…lets make this fun and funny…start with…

Preet

Trip Down Memory Lane
jnawaz

So this week…one of the major moments in Kis Desh is Premeer's unknown phone conversation…so I thought…why not take it back to the beginning…to the first phone conversation…its funny, awkward yet cute at the same time. I must warn you…Harshad was exceptionally tan back then so he looks more brown/orange than he really is…someone went crazy with the spray on tanner/bronzer…lol…enjoy…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n051MSe11c

Editors Note

so guys...how is everyone dealing with the new leap...the new avatars of our characters...and the new status of the story? hope everyone is enjoying the current track of Kis Desh...

so here is the thing...KDC is getting more and more and more incomplete as the weeks go on...before we used to have such a great turn out...everyone was on top of the sections and getting things in on time...but that just isnt happening anymore...i find myself doing a big chunk of the newsletter myself...and im sorry but i cannot do that anymore...it takes too much time to get all of this together...and i dont know who is giving me things to work with...and who is not...until the day of posting...so that just crams everything on my plate...

so i make a request to all reporters...if you are bored with KDC, if you have other commitments...please...PLEASE...let me know so i can find others who are interested...im not getting any word from you guys...except a select few...please just let me know...its fine if you dont want to do KDC anymore...everyone changes and life happens...i completely understand...but please just let me know...i cant stress it enough...

As of now...im opening these sections for members to sign up for if they are interested...if you are let me know via PM or leave a comment here on the KDC...😃😃

KCD Job Openings 😉

1. OMG Moment of the Week

2. Biggest Disappointment of the Week

3. Summary (backup for now)

4. Special Awards (with me 😊)

5. Talented Tales

6. Video Mixe of the Week

If you are interested in any of them...let me know...if current reporters want another section to do...you are more than welcome.

Rock On People...Love You Guys

JAZ

Edited by jnawaz - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thesemoments thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Awesome NL Jaz! I'm still up for SS. Will do it from now on. 😃 

indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for an awesome edition again Jazu! *hugs* I can't believe all the work you and all the reporters put in! 😳

I'm back home now, so I'll be back to doing my Fashion Icon segment! 😊
munam_13 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Hey Jaz awesome issue... I can join you in special awards and do the omg moment....😊
Sweet_Kandy thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Lovely Update Jaz n all the reporters👏👏👏. Sorry was not able to do this week. No Prob wil be back next week.
Bul3 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Great work everyone!!Congratulations on Issue 15..
Iriss thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome work guys👏

DOTW both were my fav also very well written👏

Sahi kaha for me also it was hard 2 digest Maya-Meher being friends but we all know it only cause Meher gave her son Arjun 2 Maya

Zooneja khandaan GFN Ehsaan Faramosh ppl khud ne jaise kabhi koi galatiyaan ki hi nahin😡Ignoring Prem like that😡Nalayakon Prem is alreasy very ashamed n guilty for the crime he never committed why r u ppl making it more bad for him😡

Woh Dusht Budhi how dare she even thought of Prem's marraige😡😡abe pehle apni shadi aur pati ko sambhal samjhi😡

Lali beta was taking Heer's name naa when that attack came but how cum Prem never heard it it was pretty clear😕😕

Devdas Award Prem ke sivai aur kisi ko mil hi nahin sakta😍,Cute couple award Meet well deserved 👏

Priya

Edited by bellle4u - 14 years ago
Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hey Jaz! Sorry, I'll be doing SS with Anza, I just - ergh, cannot believe it slipped my mind!

Love,
Radz

sonu0511 thumbnail
it was too good.....thanks......
i can do biggest disappointment of the week...
lghosh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome work all of u! Great going! Fantastic, loved the segments!

Game - Preet ki..........desh bhakt biwi = Meher

Prem ki............