Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

YRF to sue scriptwriter for New York charges

Posted: 14 years ago

Yash Raj Films to sue scriptwriter for New York charges 

By Subhash K. Jha, July 1, 2009 - 15:45 IST

It looks like Suchita Bhatia who has leveled charges of plagiarism against the makers of New York is in trouble.

Yash Raj Films, the producers of New York, have decided to take legal action against Bhatia for alleging that the script which was made into New York was originally suggested to Yash Raj three years ago by her.

Confirming these developments, New York director Kabir Khan says, "This is really unfortunate. I wonder which cave this girl was living in so far to suddenly wake up five days after our film released to realize that New York is about three friends against a 9/11 backdrop."

Kabir sees this as nothing but opportunistic timing. "It's a great method of getting her 15 minutes of fame. Yes, we're planning to sue her and make an example of this sort of post-success harassment that filmmakers go through."

The director is very angry. "Why does one have to keep fighting to protect one's integrity? By suing this girl I hope to discourage such frivolous charges in the future."

Edited by -Crystal- - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pksanam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Crystal, could you please post your source when you are posting articles...?  thanks in advance...

i'm glad they are taking action... these things can be such a pain...!!
Source is add now!!

yeah totally agree with u pksanam i am glad that YRF & Kabir is taking action because like u said these things can be such a pain!!

i just hate such people who wants some cheap publicity!
pksanam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
thanks Crystal...

it's sad... people like to harass the celebs sometimes so they can get something out of it... it's sooo bad... i'm glad they are taking action though...

surprise, surprise... now that the movie is doing well, some people are just trying to get a piece of the pie, so to speak...

i hope all the others do the same...!
Originally posted by: pksanam

thanks Crystal...

U welcome pksanam

it's sad... people like to harass the celebs sometimes so they can get something out of it... it's sooo bad... i'm glad they are taking action though...

Totally agree with u its sad that some people like to harass the celebs sometimes so they can get something out of it! totally agree its so bad and i am glad too that they are taking action!

surprise, surprise... now that the movie is doing well, some people are just trying to get a piece of the pie, so to speak...

Exactly well said cant agree more with u👏👏👏 surprise surprise now that NY is doing so well some people are trying soo hard to atleast get some cheap publicity such people really really badly disgust me and its sooooooo bad that some people are like this chiiii

i hope all the others do the same...!

i hope to that other producers and directors does the same

Go kabir i was going to say she just woke up or something 3 years later..
Omg.. there right five days after the movie releases, she "brings" it up..lolll