Couples play it up in IIFA - An article

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago
Hi friends,

Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai is mentioned in the article below.........

Couples play it up in IIFA

June 20th, 2009
By Our Correspondent

The Star Parivaar Awards saw all the actors getting together under one roof, dressed in their glittering best. Predictably, the two most popular serials — Bidaai and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata hai, walked away with the maximum number of awards. The show was anchored by the Bidaai girls — Parul and Sara Khan. While both were dressed in shimmering saris, Parul has gained some weight and her paunch was more than visible in her see-through sari. Also, this dusky girl chose to paint her face with layers of pancake which made her look like a gaudily made up China doll.
But why was the sweet Akshara aka Hina Khan sulking at the awards? She was seated next to her onscreen fiance Naitik, aka Karan Mehra. The couple won two awards each, best newcomers and best jodi — but even this did not seem to cheer up Hina. Initially, it appeared like she was disappointed when the best beti award went to Bebo — this really young lady was dressed in a 70s style sari and only later did people realise that she actually dressed for her onscreen performance.
Unlike the Bollywood awards, where the stars don't gel with each other, there was a lot of bonhomie here. Most actors sat in large groups representing their serials. The only two filmy faces spotted here were that of Arjun Rampal and Farah Khan who confidentially predicted that she would win the best judge award as she didn't perceive Vishaal and Shekhar, the other nominees as competition. Meanwhile Cupid seems to have struck our Bollywood couples, especially the married ones as they went indulged in extensive PDA at Macau during the IIFA awards. Not only did Hrithik and Sussane walk the ramp for jewellery designer Farah Khan, who also happens to be Sussane's sister but made sure they held hands and portrayed the lovey dovey couple. It appears like Sussane is a better actress off-screen than her hubby Hrithik for she confessed on Headlines Today about how madly in love the couple is and how they are busy re-discovering each other. That sure must be one helluva discovery after the Mori-Roshan romance. A sheepish Hrithik could only nod in agreement.
The other happy couple, Ash-Abhi were behaving like they were on their honeymoon, as they clung to each other for dear life and couldn't stop declaring their love for each other on stage, where Abhi dedicated his award for best actor in a comic role for Dostana to Amar Singhji and Ash. What's more he dramatically thanked his parents for giving birth to him and Ash's parents for giving birth to her and promised to love his wife. It's nice to see so much of love and we truly hope it remains that way!

Link:

Agreed.Parul had tooo much make up on.And has gained weight!
Originally posted by angelonearth

Agreed.Parul had tooo much make up on.And has gained weight!

I don't agree here, Parul might be having much make up, but considering to many others, it was nothing, infact Aditti from Kis Desh Main had so too much make-up..........

Edited by farislove - 14 years ago

Thanxx !!

lol abhi and ash were behaving lyk they r on their honeymoon !? 😆🤣

i dnt think tht akshara waz dissapointed tht she didn't get the award 4 fav beti she got 2 awardz and i think she waz happy !! 😊

true it is more of  SPA than IFFA.. hina was not disappointed when the best beti award went to Bebo, she was in fact cheering for her.. i think that day she fainted and was not well(work load with Directors Cut).. also there is not much off screen chemistry going on betn Naksh, reason for her sulky face..
thanks
i just think hina was tired when she fainted
and i don't think that parul had too much make-up on
i think that bhoomi from RKAB and bhakti from Hamari Devrani were WAY TO OVERDRESSED!

the rest..like hina, parul, sara, additi and everybody looked amazing!
i love my hina and sara..😳 Edited by -Rajveer- - 14 years ago