CW Channel

Fall 2009 Premiere Dates

-Krupa- thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Several dates are announced as the premieres for The CW's Fall shows. Put under spotlight is the swap between "Gossip Girl" and "One Tree Hill" with the former now coming Mondays at 9/8c and the latter taking the 8/7c slot. This will not go effective immediately but will be starting July 6.

Whether the switch has something to do with more adult-oriented material for "Gossip", the network's rep has explained to E! Online that none whatsoever becomes the reason. The rep said "Hill" is a "self-starter" which doesn't need a lead-in while "Gossip" needs to be saved from the competitive 8/7c slot.

The CW jump starts the Fall season by having "90210? kicking it off as early as September 8. It is paired with "Melrose Place" in the hope to be a good lead-in because they are both refurbished versions of the '90s series. Last year, "90210? was also the centerpiece of The CW by premiering after Labor Day.

"America's Next Top Model" is launching September 9 for two hours before sharing Wednesdays with new series "The Beautiful Life" on September 16. Meanwhile, the latest to earn a premiere is "Smallville" which is put on September 25.

Tues., Sept. 8

8 P.M. : "90210?

9 P.M.: "Melrose Place"

Wed., Sept. 9

8 P.M.: "America's Next Top Model"

Thurs., Sept. 10

8 P.M. : "The Vampire Diaries"

9 P.M. : "Supernatural"

Mon., Sept. 14

8 P.M. : "Gossip Girl"

9 P.M.: "One Tree Hill"

Wed., Sept. 16

9 P.M.: "The Beautiful Life"

Fri., Sept. 25

8 P.M.: "Smallville"

I just really hope they don't have the stupid mid-season breaks..or rather, ever two episodes breaks they had this year..
and AHHH!..why is Smallville last?..grr.
Edited by -Krupa- - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Zeustina- thumbnail
september thats like so long way lol..i cant wait ..life's too boring without my weekly dose of american shows..all shows juz had its finale

yeaah i hate those stupid breaks in between ..i dont mind when they start them like smallvile ..i think smallville is one of those show that needs to end asap..its been too long already n also OTH
preity*zinta thumbnail
It would've been nice if they ended OTH this season, or better yet season four.

Ah so much to watch next Fall! Its gunna get toughh.

UGH I hate the breaks that happen every two weeks .. I'd perfer one long break.
Guronge thumbnail
whatt wasn't OTH premiering August 31?
-Krupa- thumbnail

sweetviolet - NO, smallville needs to go on FOREVER, or atleast until clois get together..but yeah, OTH needs to stop.

swati - haha, too many shows all at the same time, right. I'm gonna have blast with that because 8-10 pm slot is when all the indian shows come on, and my mom & sister HAVE to watch them. ARGH. I'd rather they just had a two-three week break mid-season..instead of having htem constantly..

guronge - i guess it got changed..

preity*zinta thumbnail
^ Krupa  - Oh boo hoo that sucks! With school everything gets so hectic .. and now throwing on three more shows onto what I'm already watching.. make that 4 Imma start 90210 as well :/ LIFE sucks.
-Krupa- thumbnail
^yip, have you cought up with season one yet? bahh, i'm so excited for the next season of it..
preity*zinta thumbnail
^^ Noo .. I haven't started watchign it yet .. I'm downloading the eposides though .. I'll start next week :)
-Krupa- thumbnail
alrighty, just promise you won't stop after like 7 eps, because its get WAY better after that..kay =D
preity*zinta thumbnail
^Yeah? I'mma give it a shot.. I was always sorta interested just never got around to it .. thought I give it a watch in the summer. Edited by preity*zinta - 14 years ago