•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago
A carnival of classics

Amitabh Bachchan reluctantly consents to a corporate's celebration of his 40 years in the film industry

Amitabh Bachchan completes a landmark 40 years in the industry, and Reliance is keen to cash in on the legend's popularity. Bachchan made his debut in Bollywood in 1969 with Saat Hindustani. A grand event to celebrate the occasion is scheduled for the first week of October this year and his early hits will be re-released in cinemas.

Our source said, "The newly launched Reliance Film marketing company met Bachchan and finalised the show in the last week of May. It will be a huge event which may be held in one of the stadiums in Mumbai and practically everyone from the industry will be present to witness Mr Bachchan being felicitated.

He has already given his consent for the same. All the important people who have contributed to his career will make an appearance and talk about their fond memories of the star."

Apart from the mega-event, people can catch up on all the old Amitabh favourites. The source added, "The second part of the celebration includes a carnival of Amitabh's old blockbusters. The idea is that this generation, who has not seen his films in theatres, can do so. This carnival will be held after Amitabh's birthday on October 11 (2009). Films like Shakti, Sholay, Deewar, Trishul, Do Aur Do Paanch, Zanjeer, among others will be re-released."

Amitabh Bachchan remained unavailable for comment. However, a fortnight ago, he had confirmed this on his blog: "A prominent corporate wishes to celebrate my 40 years in the industry and unfolds an elaborate plan. It is embarrassing for me to even think the way they do. It is like self-promotion.

Anil Ambani

Of talking about yourself with a great amount of 'I' 'me', 'myselfs' thrown in. I am uncomfortable doing that, or even permitting someone to perceive what it all could be. The initial working of such a program has been approved. In the end due to the pressure of relationships, I shall perforce have to succumb. And that is the crux. How does one say 'no' to enthusiasm?"

How indeed.

Trishul

Zanjeer

Sholay

Don

Edited by Lubnavaishali - 14 years ago
Posted: 14 years ago
40 years in Bollywood film industry and still going strong: Amitabh Bachchan !!

Amitabh Bachchan has completed 40 years in the industry and is still going strong. The actor made his Bollywood debut with Saat Hindustani. Reliance has planned to launch a mega event to celebrate this event. In the first week of October the plan is to have his earlier films re-released in cinema halls. The actor would also be felicitated at a stadium in Mumbai with almost all the members from the industry will be present at the function.