old interview of karan oct 2007 (maybe unseen)

srkbest thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Old article of karan from october 8 2007 From Times of India Lucknow (may be unseen.....i had not read this before so i posted it sorry if you have all read this before) Mods feel free to delete if needed

'Indian audience isn't ready to see kissing in TV serials'
Actor Karan Grover talks to LT about his current serial, his lady love and how like other actors, he too is in love with himself

ITI SHREE MISRA

KARAN Singh Grover better known as Dr Armaan Malik from a popular daily soap seems to have taken the nation by storm. Women of all ages can't get enough of this handsome hunk and Karan is loving every moment of it.
    "I think all actors are narcissistics," says Karan candidly. "Standing in front of the mirror for hours looking at ourselves, concerned about our looks all the time, we border on self-obsession," adds Karan.
    So how does he feel when he gets so much adulation from his female fans? "It feels great and I'm loving it," he says with a smile.
    Born in Delhi, Karan dabbled in the hotel industry and worked for a leading hotel in Muscat before he landed in the field of acting. "I won the Most Popular model award in a model hunt show and then got my acting break in a serial called Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi. Later on I did modelling, hosted radio shows and was VJ in a popular music channel. Then I did a lead role in Kasautii Zindagii Kay."
    And Karan is honest enough to say that he consults Ekta and Shobha Kapoor(Ekta's mother) for his roles. "I have a very cool relationship with Ekta and Shobha Aunty. They're like family to me," claims Karan.
    Karan strongly denies the rumours that were doing rounds that he was being hit by his co-star Sonia Singh during the shoot. He says, "I get along very well on the
sets with all my co-stars and such rumours are a figment of someone's imagination."
    And how does his lady love Shraddha Nigam react to all these rumours? "Shraddha is above all this. We have a great relationship. We have decided that we will not let such rumours affect us in any way. There has to be trust in a relationship, and that Shraddha and I have," states Karan.
    In his serial which is currently on air, things seem to be getting hot between him and Shilpa Anand. So will he be kissing her in the serial? "That remains to be seen. You'll just have to wait and watch. But I don't think Indian audience is ready to see any kissing on television atleast. I would do a kissing scene in a film, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do it on television," he wonders.
    Being a Piscean, it's no surprise that Karan is very creative. The guy sings well and paints too. "I was a vocalist in my school and college bands. Had I not been an actor, I probably would have been a singer. Although I have a lot of passion for making paintings, but because of my hectic schedule, it has taken a back-seat," says Karan.
    Also a fitness freak, working out is Karan's favourite pass time. Otherwise on any given day he would love to relax at home with Shraddha and spend quality time with her. "That's the perfect way to chill out," says Karan. In the near future, Karan can be seen in two films Bhram and I am 24.

Edited by srkbest - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iTangled_25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I have read this interview..but i am sure many havent..Thanks......
srkbest thumbnail
sorry i didn't remember reading it.....(it was a while ago)

i didn't know he painted too
ROFLOL thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
omg he paints tooooooooooooooo ????????????????? 😲❤️

i dont think i have read this before thanks a tonne for sharing ..!!
hmm family relation with ekta..lol has to be cos..shraddha is ekta's cousin lol !!!!
he was vj ?? omg thats alot more shockin !!! here comes the similarity between karan and mayank !! haaha no doubt they are best of friends!! thanks alot!!
Sanju_ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
it is new to me...thanks a lot
nisha80 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
thanks, dint read this before😉
Amishi25 thumbnail
thanks for the article🤗 i haven't read it earlier.😊
.Supriya. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
prerna_kajen thumbnail
Thx..dint read it b4!!

I dint noe he paints too!!

Ah.. karan is an All-Rounder..love him!!!
KaranShilpa:) thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

aww thank u so much!!!!!!